JDS got 260 000 against Stipe and he says he's a poor guy??

How many years do you think it takes an avg person to earn a million dollars...

Everybody pays taxes, you dummy. GTFO with that BS.

Sure JDS is being taken care of just fine...don't think he has to worry about money unless he's blowing his paychecks on hookers, coke, and rehab.

an NFL punter prob makes more money then him lol. Pro athletes often are paying for their entire families and their families families. do you know how expensive wives are??

250k goes to supplements. You don't know what it takes to be a fighter bro.

That's only a little over 1million in the last 2ish years. After tax and expenses that's only like 200k or something. But for real its like nick saying he's broke immediately after the GSP fight where he easily made over a million.

When someone ask you how much money do you make a year. Do you tell them your gross pay or do you tell them your adjusted income after taxes and all your expenses as well?

260,000 dollars for a 25 minute fight and he's crying?

GTFO. Even if you include 6 weeks of training at 40 hours a week, that's about 1100 an hour. A fireman putting his life on the line to save others is good for about 40-50 an hour.

People are fucking evil

he's gotta pay a million or so to his coaches or whatever

Wow you guys are hilarious.

Sure, it's just as easy to be a fighter like Dos Santos than it is to become a fireman. I mean geez, there's about 3-4 fighters on Dos Santos' level in the whole UFC, and there's what? several million firemen?

The top 0.1% of the sport should be paid their worth.

Fighters usually end up paying about 30% to managers, gym trainers and stuff like that. I doubt he's poor but being as inactive as he is he probably isn't super rich either

Sure, it's just as easy to be a fighter like Dos Santos than it is to become a fireman. I mean geez, there's about 3-4 fighters on Dos Santos' level in the whole UFC, and there's what? several million firemen?

He didn't even say he was poor. He just said that He's thankful for his sponsors because they provide a lot of his income.

So he's saying he's not poor, but to live his lifestyle he's happy to have his sponsors.

Good job TS.

He said that the last year was rough because of the money he made.I don't know how he could have been more clear about it.And i'm talking about the money he made from the UFC.That's basically 1 million in 2 years without neven counting sponsors and the money he makes going in local shows every week...

Plus, he lives in a frigging 3rd world country. Unless he is living beachfront in a tourist area, basic living expenses are going to be hella cheap.

So he's saying he's not poor, but to live his lifestyle he's happy to have his sponsors.

Good job TS.

"It's been very, very tough [without a paycheck]," dos Santos said. "Thank God I have very good sponsors by my side because if I didn't have those sponsors, I don't know what I would do to live.

Maybe I'd have had to sell my own house to pay my bills and buy my food. It's so tough to do."

He basically said he couldn't live from a million dollars in 2 years.While 99% of fighters make barely 40 000 in 2 years....

So you feel a professional fighter is more important to REAL LIFE than a fireman saving your ass when your house is cooking?

who sounds hilarious here? You think being a fireman is easier than being a fighter? They both have their hardships, but seriously dude, its people that think like you that vailt these enternainers on platforms above real life heroes and role models

He said that the last year was rough because of the money he made.I don't know how he could have been more clear about it.And i'm talking about the money he made from the UFC.That's basically 1 million in 2 years without neven counting sponsors and the money he makes going in local shows every week...

And he made $0 from the UFC for over a year. That doesn't make hose payments, bills, surgeries, or training expenses go away.

During that time, he relied on sponsors that paid him monthly.

There are professional athletes that have made 100 times what JDS made and gone broke just as easily.

an NFL punter prob makes more money then him lol. Pro athletes often are paying for their entire families and their families families. do you know how expensive wives are??

All of this isn't a money issue, it's a fiscal responsibility issue.

Comparing random dude's salary why? Bringing up someone supporting a small community isn't relevant either. Neither is a gold digger wife. People doing all of these things and winding up broke have no one to blame but themselves, not the size of their paycheck.

Back