JDS beats Rothwell handily

JDS is done, Rothwell found some kind of fucking MMA elixir and is drinking that shit up, yo.
GlitteringZealousLaughingthrush.gif

Normally I would agree but the JDS I saw against Reem will lose against Rothwell. So if that JDS shows up JDS is in trouble.

I don't think that's a good fight to judge JDS' form. Overeem's feints distracted him, couldn't find many openings. Rothwell is a more common opponent, a slugger with a chin. There's no advanced arsenal there on the feet. Some unorthodox strikes and temporary weird movement, but usually Ben plods forward and looks for a big shot. Is hittable and slow while doing so.

I got Rothwell, its a great fight and I don't count JDS out, but its gonna be impossible for him to knock out Rothwell, his chin is probably the best in MMA, he has a world class chin Rothwell. Has taken hundreds of huge shots and not dropped. JDS hasn't looked so good recently but he still has fast hands. Rothwell by TKO in later rounds

AA did KO him. But I agree he takes shots well, won't be easy. Decision's more likely.

Ben is winning against all odds at the moment, I don't think anyone in the division will have an easy time with him, he just subbed Barnett......

JDS has looked real shaky lately, and his brain must have been affected by the wars he has been in.

I don't think that's a good fight to judge JDS' form. Overeem's feints distracted him, couldn't find many openings. Rothwell is a more common opponent, a slugger with a chin. There's no advanced arsenal there on the feet. Some unorthodox strikes and temporary weird movement, but usually Ben plods forward and looks for a big shot. Is hittable and slow while doing so.

There were plenty of openings JDS just refused to go after them he wouldn't even take any chances and just rush Reem against the fence which is the perfect time to negate his movement. He literally just walked around following him. Rothwell is not nearly as good a striker so it should be better for JDS but like I said before if he shows up like he did against Reem he's done. He can't afford to hesitate like that against Rothwell. JDS looked just like Rashad and lil Nog did. Fighters who should already be retired coming back and trying to make a little more money but you can just tell there heart is no longer in it. I seriously hope JDS comes back to form because it's highly suspicious that right after USADA testing starts JDS looks worse then ever. That goes for a lot of MMA fighters lately.

I think Barnett was a much tougher match up on paper for Rothwell than JDS is but we saw how that turned out. You can't count Rothwell out, he's still making big improvements.

I think both of them should beat Ben on paper, looking at what each of them brings to the table. AO as well. But momentum does matter in sports and Ben has it. Him having a chin is highly beneficial with this. Take shots with the will to win.

I'd say this is a lot like when Shields had his run in SF/UFC before losing to GSP. Won some fights he shouldn't have with heart and a limited skillset, but then lost to an elite fighter. I'd still call JDS an elite HW. He has so many advantages going into this, both physical and for the match-up.

I honestly don't see how anyone can think Rothwell wins this fight. Rothwell has two strengths - absorbing strikes and power. He doesn't have good striking, it's not bad but it's not good. His ground game isn't bad but "being the first to ever sub Josh Barnett!!!!!" doesn't really reflect the quality of his ground game. It's good, but some make it out to be similar to Werdum's which it isn't.

The only way Rothwell wins this fight is if JDS has declined significantly and can't take a single shot. JDS surely has declined, and his chin likely isn't as good as before, but he still should have absolutely no problem in beating and knocking out Rothwell. These two fighters aren't in the same league.

There were plenty of openings JDS just refused to go after them he wouldn't even take any chances and just rush Reem against the fence which is the perfect time to negate his movement. He literally just walked around following him. Rothwell is not nearly as good a striker so it should be better for JDS but like I said before if he shows up like he did against Reem he's done. He can't afford to hesitate like that against Rothwell. JDS looked just like Rashad and lil Nog did. Fighters who should already be retired coming back and trying to make a little more money but you can just tell there heart is no longer in it. I seriously hope JDS comes back to form because it's highly suspicious that right after USADA testing starts JDS looks worse then ever. That goes for a lot of MMA fighters lately.

USADA has brought some revelations. It's quite funny how some have dropped off within a few months.

I'm not gonna deny that JDS should've been more aggressive considering how Overeem's fallen to pressure in the past, but he's also a pretty lethal counter-striker and has a lot of tools. From what I saw (twice), Overeem basically moved forward and looked to throw a punch to make JDS back off a bit, and then instead of throwing he just stepped back and threw a low/middle kick while JDS was looking to throw back. Left wondering. Rinse, repeat.

Rothwell won't do this, he wants to engage.

He should and would of pre cain jds.

But the jds we seen against overeem was so hesistant.There was one time i remember thinking the old jds would of landed a uppercut at this point and even when he had him against the fence that time before the finish he was hesitant to throw anything again

He should and would of pre cain jds.

But the jds we seen against overeem was so hesistant.There was one time i remember thinking the old jds would of landed a uppercut at this point and even when he had him against the fence that time before the finish he was hesitant to throw anything again

I've followed JDS's career from his first fight in the UFC. He's never fought like that he looked like he lost all that killer instinct.

JDS is not the fighter he once was, not even close. He's shot, can he beat Rothwell, sure but JDS is no longer a title threat and is really one more war away from forced retirement

I think Miesha Tate has better striking defense and head movement than JDS these days.

After his shit performance vs Overeem. JDS looks like a shot fighter. And shot fighters lose to inferior fighters who still have fire all the time. Look at Crocop's UFC run.

I think both of them should beat Ben on paper, looking at what each of them brings to the table. AO as well. But momentum does matter in sports and Ben has it. Him having a chin is highly beneficial with this. Take shots with the will to win.

I'd say this is a lot like when Shields had his run in SF/UFC before losing to GSP. Won some fights he shouldn't have with heart and a limited skillset, but then lost to an elite fighter. I'd still call JDS an elite HW. He has so many advantages going into this, both physical and for the match-up.

I don't think JDS is a good comparison to GSP(or Lombard really they are much more well rounded, Ellenberger would be a better comparison IMO) and Shields beat multiple elite fighters in his run but GSP and Lombard were just too well rounded for him and had the skill set to keep it where they wanted.

People fail to realize (due to Cain holding up the WC) but JDS was every bit as inactive as Cain during that stretch.

We all saw that the couple of year vacation coupled with the beatdown from Cain and even serious damage to (IMO) overated Miocic in his lone win doesn't bode well for JDS IMO.

I am not being mean or nasty, but I firmly believe that Ben finishes him at this point in their careers, and like others have said, I highly suspect that this is the last fight you will see in JDS career.

I don't think JDS looked so bad(he didn't look as good as normal though), I think Overeem contributed to it by changing his stance and playing a counter game that made JDS worried. Honestly he had a reason to be worried in the fight though, the ending sequence JDS throws a punch at Overeem and gets dropped with a counter shot.

JDS is done, Rothwell found some kind of fucking MMA elixir and is drinking that shit up, yo.
GlitteringZealousLaughingthrush.gif

Well...

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/10/ufc-tr...spends-ben-rothwell-for-elevated-testosterone

I'm not sure why it is but Rothwell never seems to get flack for getting caught cheating when if you walk into a Overeem thread you always see people talking about Ubereem or horse meat, granted it was clear as day with Overeem but Rothwell always seemingly gets a pass for this.

People fail to realize (due to Cain holding up the WC) but JDS was every bit as inactive as Cain during that stretch.

We all saw that the couple of year vacation coupled with the beatdown from Cain and even serious damage to (IMO) overated Miocic in his lone win doesn't bode well for JDS IMO.

I am not being mean or nasty, but I firmly believe that Ben finishes him at this point in their careers, and like others have said, I highly suspect that this is the last fight you will see in JDS career.

Junior fought once in 2014, once in 2015 and now has his first fight booked for 2016, in the time since their third fight Cain has only fought once, the loss to Werdum and pulled out of the rematch and the original title fight.

I dunno.....JDS hasn't looked impressive lately. I'm going with Big Ben.
I second this. JDS doesn't have that killer instinct anymore, he didn't even look like he wanted to fight Overeem who's glass chin was made to be destroyed by JDS...

Back