JDS beats Rothwell handily

I think JDS does win- but not handily. Hopefully he'll come back strong after his past few disappointing fights.

1) Rothwell should be fighting for the title.

2) Overeem should be waiting for the winner of Rothwell vs Werdum.

3) Stipe should be fighting rematch with JDS.

Its as though the so called JDS fans want JDS to lose to Rothwell just so they can prove that Reem's win over him was a fluke because of his shot chin

That is exactly what JDS/Stipe fans want. They want to downgrade Overeem in any way and chance that they can.

Stipe avoided Rothwell for a reason though. He did not want to get KTFO.

Jds was out classed by Reem but Rothwell wont have the speed advantage so i think he could decision him.

Today's JDS is not much faster than Rothwell and his chin is likely shot. I mean old JDS would eat Overeem's shot like a sandwich. But I'm a Rothwell fan anyway, so take that as you want.

Sucks for Ben, he's really close to a title shot but I don't think he beats JDS.

JDS rarely shoots bad takedowns. He barely goes for any types of takedowns at all. When he does, it's usually late in the round for points, like against Carwin. JDS is a really, really good escaper both from the scramble and from the clinch, also good at getting up from the bottom. Not many openings for chokes for Rothwell.

This means it'll likely be a stand-up fight where Rothwell has a chin and power, while JDS probably still has both and is a lot more skilled whether he strikes off the jab, catches someone with a reaction shot, or with flurries (typically against the cage). The speed difference is also sizable.

So for Rothwell to win the most likely outcome would be catching him right on the chin after being outpointed, while JDS can win this by either a cautious decision or by KO. It's Heavyweight, which ups Ben's chances, but a hail mary is still a hail mary.
First of all in the Overeem fight it was a quick stop from the judge. Second of all Overeem excuted a perfect gameplan involving footwork that is not all that easy for every HW to replicate. I think JDS still has very good chin and still is a more polished striker then Rothwell has ever been. JDS rarely shows cardio-issues too.

Last edited:
It's 2016.

Big Ben heavy favorite.. wins via TKO or his go to sub after he hurts JDS badly.

Well, Rothwell had problems standing with Barnett. JDS gets this.

Mmath tho

Rothwell 3/5

JDS is shot, heavy, old, slow, tentative, one dimensional. Rothwell has a clinch and ground game, big power, a strong chin and a lot of momentum. If JDS can phase him with a power punch maybe he can keep him off him and chip away at him. If not, which I think is more likely, Rothwell will walk him down and trap him and smash him up in a brutal brawl.

Rothwell 3/5

JDS is shot, heavy, old, slow, tentative, one dimensional. Rothwell has a clinch and ground game, big power, a strong chin and a lot of momentum. If JDS can phase him with a power punch maybe he can keep him off him and chip away at him. If not, which I think is more likely, Rothwell will walk him down and trap him and smash him up in a brutal brawl.
You don't brawl with JDS. Even Rothwell knows that.

5 years ago, sure.

I don't remember him throwing more than 5 punches against overeem.

Still a huge fan!!!

Ben is going to mummy walk through jds and I see jds throwing those body shots. JDS by decision.

JDS is done, he was done after the Cain fights and the Overeem one underlined the facts, JDS's chin has faded. The match ups I would have made are Arlovski vs JDS and Overeem vs Rothwell 2. Both would be a lot closer.

This is how I think the fight will go. It will be even on the feet for the start, neither men landing anything too good. Around 2 mins into the first round Rothwell will connect with a big shot that vaguely rocks JDS then Rothwell will pounce on him hitting him with shots which are good but JDS blocks most of them so Rothwell works and eventually secures a takedown and chokes out JDS inside the first round.

But you know before this thread I wasn't interested in the fight now I'm interested just so I can prove that Big Ben is going to beat Junior Dos Santos.

nah, Rothwell is a monster that not even Hunt could slay. JDS is going to make one mistake and that tiny brazilian nut is going to get cracked, cry, and make 1 thousand excuses, bleating woefully like some canned ham, mimicking his mentor and lover Bog Nog, compiling misery of circumstance into a great volume to be sold as a special edition BNBBOE. His salty tears will supply favelas enough needed sodium for a whole month. And those handful of souls that have a television will know that JDS is just a punching bag.

Not a good idea to bet against the force of nature that is The Ben Rothwell Show right now.

Would you ever bet against a tornado, a monsoon, or an earthquake? No. I didn't think so.

Back