Javier Mendez on the greatest threats to Khabib at 155: "Number one contender for me is still Conor"

broken_foot.gif

When Conor isn't injured and he's light as a feather on the feet we'll see what happens to Khabib's Russian boxing skills.

Conor & Poirier are the top dogs to erase that 0, haters will say otherwise. Conor has the fire back. Hands up-Conor will get in there and get the win
LOL . Conor always uses the injury excuse. Hands up "light as feather" Conor ends up on the mat more often and taps earlier.

Khabib's true tests are at WW. LW doesn't have much for him.

people seem to forget he had a long layoff before the Conor fight too.

Getting finished is better than lasting until a decision?

Statistically it is. There's far more people who have gotten finished and then come back and won a rematch than there are people that lost a lopsided decision and done so.

"I wanna get paid" - Javier Mendez

the numbers don't lie, bro
i bet you a flat earther too
you've conveniently left out the main part of the quote.
Youre making out that Conor had some sort of mega dominant round where he beat Khabib senseless. No. He out pointed him as it was obvious that Khabib was resting himself for a round.
You should stop load guzzling and look at it in realistic terms , not some flossy bullshit to make it out better than it was.

winning is winning, bro
doesn't matter if it's by an inch or a mile

If you want to talk about winning, Khabib won the fight by submission. McGregor lost, but if you think that round was significant go ahead and keep deluding yourself...

Khabib's true tests are at WW. LW doesn't have much for him.

people seem to forget he had a long layoff before the Conor fight too.

How about he defend a few times before we proclaim LW "doesn't have much for him"? At minimum I would like to see him face these guys:

Poirier
Ferguson
Gillespie

Statistically it is. There's far more people who have gotten finished and then come back and won a rematch than there are people that lost a lopsided decision and done so.

You talk out your ass, so you better source those claims or gtfo because you're a fucking neophyte.

I do believe that Conor McGregor could beat Khabib Nurmagomedov, but it is tricky. I hear DC other wrestlers say that they can go to another with their grappling if they to. But, I have never believed these type of statements.

For example, in my opinion, you are not a BJJ black belt if I don't see you submitting people inside the Octagon. Just like you are not an Olympic level wrestler if I don't see you out grapple your opponents.

Therefore, I really can't figure out why Khabib's grappling looked so unimpressive against Conor McGregor. I have to give Conor McGregor the benefit of the doubt, and say that he was not as smashable as Khabib thought he will be.

Conor McGregor gave Khabib's wrestling too much, and that stifled his own strengths. He spent the entire fight tiring himself worrying about a Khabib dominant smashing that never came. I saw this in the fight, and Conor himself admitted this.

So, this fight is once more very interesting to me. Now that Conor felt Khabib and has a better sense of what he was dealing with, will this allow him to open-up and be more dangerous in his striking versus Khabib?

Or was Khabib simply not challenged enough by Conor McGregor to push him to switch to a higher gear, and that is why he didn't look that impress in his grappling against Conor McGregor?

Will Khabib be overconfident, lose focus and get slept in 13 seconds trying to reach for a sloppy single leg?

The easiest fight in the division for Khabib for the most cash.

Conor is actually about half as good as he was when he fought Khabib the first time and he was atrocious then.

He's degenerating before our eyes rapidly. His athleticism has been sucked out of him.

Conor has a special eye for mistakes he makes. He went into the Khabib fight too careless. When he's calculated and focused like he was against Eddie, it'll be hard to stop him

what about when he was calculated and focused against Chad Mendes? that midget still took him down.

Khabib only needs to take him down once in every round, and the fight is over.

Conor needs to literally knock him out in order to win. and those chances drastically go down once it gets passed rd 2.

until Conor comes back and looks good, i'm sticking with, "the money ruined him".

Not sure what Mendez thinks but didn't he also say Junior was Cain's biggest threat still after Cain's two beatdowns on him?

Only fluke finishes. We saw a pretty bad beat down.

I do believe that Conor McGregor could beat Khabib Nurmagomedov, but it is tricky. I hear DC other wrestlers say that they can go to another with their grappling if they to. But, I have never believed these type of statements.

For example, in my opinion, you are not a BJJ black belt if I don't see you submitting people inside the Octagon. Just like you are not an Olympic level wrestler if I don't see you out grapple your opponents.

Therefore, I really can't figure out why Khabib's grappling looked so unimpressive against Conor McGregor. I have to give Conor McGregor the benefit of the doubt, and say that he was not as smashable as Khabib thought he will be.

Conor McGregor gave Khabib's wrestling too much, and that stifled his own strengths. He spent the entire fight tiring himself worrying about a Khabib dominant smashing that never came. I saw this in the fight, and Conor himself admitted this.

So, this fight is once more very interesting to me. Now that Conor felt Khabib and has a better sense of what he was dealing with, will this allow him to open-up and be more dangerous in his striking versus Khabib?

Or was Khabib simply not challenged enough by Conor McGregor to push him to switch to a higher gear, and that is why he didn't look that impress in his grappling against Conor McGregor?

Will Khabib be overconfident, lose focus and get slept in 13 seconds trying to reach for a sloppy single leg?

Conor got dominated with grappling.

what about when he was calculated and focused against Chad Mendes? that midget still took him down.

Khabib only needs to take him down once in every round, and the fight is over.

Conor needs to literally knock him out in order to win. and those chances drastically go down once it gets passed rd 2.

until Conor comes back and looks good, i'm sticking with, "the money ruined him".
Khabib is way better than Conor ever was as well.

We got sold wolf tickets.

Sorry Conor won't win the rematch. It will go the same way. Bump this up if it ever happens as I'll be correct.

You talk out your ass, so you better source those claims or gtfo because you're a fucking neophyte.

Conor got finished by Nate Diaz, came back and won the rematch
GSP got finished by Matt Serra, came back and won the rematch
Cruz got finished by Uriah Faber, came back and won both rematches
Bisping got finished by Luke Rockhold and Dan Henderson, yet won both rematches

Need I go on?

Back