Javier Mendez on the greatest threats to Khabib at 155: "Number one contender for me is still Conor"

no he didn't, because during the time it lasted he got himself beat up and got put against his will in a position where he had to submit and quit.
obviously he did worse than the ones who went to a decision, otherwise he could have kept fighting. being forced to quit is worse than being able to fight on, whatever way you want to put it
next thing you're going to say he won the "war" lol

He won a round from Khabib, Al didn't. His striking accuracy AND striking defense against Khabib was much better, too. His face wasn't anywhere near as busted up as Al's was after the fight. Al got taken down six times, Conor only three. Yeah, he performed better.

Tony is clearly the greatest threat to Khabib.

Conor is 2-2 in the UFC at LW/WW.
Tony is 13-1 in the UFC at LW.

Conor's strength is fighting 5'7 and shorter fighters.

I think stylistically Olivera and maybe Dariush would make interesting match ups.

Though I suspect neither of them have the consistency to get close to a title shot.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...st-dangerous-opponents-for-lightweight-champ/

“Talking about four potential rivals for Khabib I can give my assessment from the [least] dangerous to the most dangerous,” Mendez said of Nurmagomedov (via MMA News). “Max Holloway [would] be the easiest for Khabib. Max has good boxing but it lacks the power to the lightweight division. Next on the list is Dustin Poirier. He’s got stamina and versatility. Tony Ferguson is my second choice. His elbows are very dangerous. And finally [the] number one contender for me is still Conor. His boxing is special, that’s his chance.”
this made your day! let's hope he doesn't "break his foot" again

Tony is clearly the greatest threat to Khabib.

Conor is 2-2 in the UFC at LW/WW.
Tony is 13-1 in the UFC at LW.

Conor's strength is fighting 5'7 and shorter fighters.

What does tony have to offer for khabib? tony got taken down and mounted by kevin lee lol

What does tony have to offer for khabib? tony got taken down and mounted by kevin lee lol
Being 5'11 and weighing more than Conor is a start... Also having a better record in the UFC, even if you included FW, seems like something one should take into account.

He won a round from Khabib, Al didn't. His striking accuracy AND striking defense against Khabib was much better, too. His face wasn't anywhere near as busted up as Al's was after the fight. Al got taken down six times, Conor only three. Yeah, he performed better.

It's amusing you blind yourself from the fact that he was forced to quit before the end of the 4th round while others didn't.
you are literally saying that tapping out is a better performance than not tapping out.
what's next? getting KO'ed is a better performance than not getting koed?

{<jordan}

you pick up random elements (number of takedowns, better striking defense (?)) but forget that at one point he was doing so bad he had to quit, which al did not.

CoolClips_vc061447.png
Lol /thread

It's amusing you blind yourself from the fact that he was forced to quit before the end of the 4th round while others didn't.
you are literally saying that tapping out is a better performance than not tapping out.
what's next? getting KO'ed is a better performance than not getting koed?

{<jordan}

you pick up random elements (number of takedowns, better striking defense (?)) but forget that at one point he was doing so bad he had to quit, which al did not.

Are you really this dense? It's shortsighted to think that being finished means that your performance that preceded it cannot be better than another person's just because they made it to a decision.

Let me give you another example: Chael Sonnen dominated Anderson Silva for 4 1/2 rounds in their first fight, but then he was tapped out. Demian Maia on the other hand got thoroughly dominated the whole fight and didn't win a single round, yet he made it to a decision. Does that automatically mean Maia's performance was better overall? Hell no! In fact, before Sonnen had his rematch with Silva, 99.9% of people would have given him a much better chance of beating Silva in a rematch than they would Demian Maia.

Your bois thread getting bumped

Some of you finally gonna come around?

Back