• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov headlines UFC Fight Night: Louisville on June 8

Who wins?

• Total voters
He's also coming off an ACL injury.

If Jared wins, there's a good chance he is able to fight for the belt... if DDP is still champ.

I don't think UFC has any interest in Cannonier/Izzy 2.

Costa fighting Strickland could be an attempt at getting Costa a title shot as well.
That matchup helps Strickland. Paulo slows down with damage and he needs to deal with that jab. I like Paulo but he doesn’t have good ringmanship or fight IQ. He can’t adjust during a fight if it goes wrong. Most likely he wins the first round then gets jabbed the other 2 rounds.

None of those old generation fighters are getting a title shot again, except for Izzy.
That inclues Costa, Vettori, Whittaker, Cannonier.
The new generation fighters are taking over the middleweight division.

New generation of who? Besides maybe Allen. No one else has anything for these top guys.

I always thought that Imavov was not top-10 material, but he impressed during his last fight where he schooled Dolidze. <RomeroSalute>

Should be a great fight.

Cannonier probably knows its BS but he is already almost 40 and he doesnt have time to sit around,if he wants a title shot hes just going to have to stay active and keep winning.

Terrible matchup, Cannonier deserves a title shot right now

Maybe but his claim to a shot isn't iron clad yet, decision wins over Strickland & Vettori aren't enough to throw him back in another title fight after he had the one vs Adesanya.

If you were running the UFC you'd definitely want Cannonier to get beat, he's old and not that popular.

Either Jared is desperate to get a fight or needs to fire his manager.

New generation of who? Besides maybe Allen. No one else has anything for these top guys.
Are you a casual or what?
There's a whole bunch of fighters in the MW division coming up that would steamroll the old generation.
How do you think DDP beat Whittaker?

Do you believe DDP is the current champ, or does Izzy still have the belt?

Jared is 40 years old and one good win away from a title shot (almost certainly his last chance at a belt). There's no way he should fight down in the rankings like this.

Also, these "rumored" threads are getting out of control. And they're usually complete B.S.

But canon is top 5 and won his last 2 fights vs Top 5 guys... Makes 0 sense he should be getting a title fight a eliminator match guys like a Izzy should be taking that fight if Sean didn't get a rematch in a damn close fight then give Sean that fight or Costa

But canon is top 5 and won his last 2 fights vs Top 5 guys... Makes 0 sense he should be getting a title fight a eliminator match guys like a Izzy should be taking that fight if Sean didn't get a rematch in a damn close fight then give Sean that fight or Costa
Jared already had a fight scheduled against Dolidze, but pulled out last minute.
Instead of getting booked against Dolidze again, he's fighting the guy that beat Dolidze on the same night he pulled out.

Makes perfect sense

So he gets a win over Strickland, then a win over Vettori, and now he's fighting Imavov...

If he wins this, I expect he'll next be fighting Abus Magomedov.

He'll be fighting for the LFA title in no time
That kid should try the contenders series, I reckon it would be ambitious, but you get nothing in life without a bit of risk taking.
The money's gonna flow if he succeeds, like, if he's lucky, more than enough to pay for the fuel needed to commute to his day job !

So he gets a win over Strickland, then a win over Vettori, and now he's fighting Imavov...

If he wins this, I expect he'll next be fighting Abus Magomedov.

He'll be fighting for the LFA title in no time
Cannonier does not strike me as the brightest guy honestly he says a lot of really stupid things like “how does khamzat get me closer to the title?” Then he goes and takes a fight like this.

Cannonier does not strike me as the brightest guy honestly he says a lot of really stupid things like “how does khamzat get me closer to the title?” Then he goes and takes a fight like this.
I mean the guy believes in some freemason illuminati and healing crystal bullshit, I wasn't about to expect much from him. But yeah, I think someone convinced him that this is the best move, not so much because of his opponent but more for being on the card in the event Khamzat pulls out so he can get a last minute rematch against Rob. At least, that's the 'smartest' thing I can imagine led to this choice, given the situation

This is fucking stupid. He's got the best claim to a title shot at the weight class outside of Strickland getting an immediate rematch in a razor thin close decision, yet he's forced to take this fight to stay busy and cash a check. Thanks, Bald Goof, Hunter, Shelby and Maynard.

Back