News Jan accepts Adesanyas call out. Says they can fight in march,

This could be big for The UFC and Jones. Israel wins and Jones no longer moves to heavyweight and fights Israel next summer for the LHW title. I don’t like that idea though. Hoping Jan wins, Israel stfu, and Jones actually challenges himself at heavyweight.

Izzy by Dec. I like Jan but he's too slow. People seem to forget Izzy was flatlining people in heavyweight Kickboxing and tooled Rumble in sparring.

I hear what folks are saying on Jan being slow and ploddy, but if one his his fast power shots clips Izzy (as they’ve done to recent opponents) it’s pretty much over IMO

If the ufc is able to book Conor/Poirier for January, then February & March ppvs should be STACKED. They have a lot of options to work with:

-Stipe/Ngannou
-Masvidal/Colby
-Izzy/Jan
-Usman/Burns
-Volk/Ortega
-Zhang/Rose

I actually want the Jones fight more.
No need for belts for hyping this one.

Interesting if it happens. Prolly back Izzy but Jan has solid power and a good game lately.

I've been calling Izzy's move to LHW since not long after the Romero fight, and a lot of folks were like nah not gonna happen, still needs to prove himself at MW against Whittaker again and such... How more people didn't see this move up as obvious is beyond me, even if Cannonier had won this fight is bigger.

Last edited:
I’m an Izzy fan , but I don’t like it unless he’s done with MW ....Lots of fun fights at 205 and I don’t want a potentially inactive champion

Izzy too scared.

Jan will walk through those super cool karate strikes just to deliver one or two devastating blows.

Izzy knows his role.
You'd have to be a fool to think that. Jan couldn't walk through my punches, let alone Adesanyas.

I see this fight being more like Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin. Too slow.

Last edited:
Izzy by Dec. I like Jan but he's too slow. People seem to forget Izzy was flatlining people in heavyweight Kickboxing and tooled Rumble in sparring.
That’s the thing though, this isn’t kickboxing. They will come with a better game plan than just stand there and eat calf kicks all round. Jan has pretty good grappling and wrestling. Unless Izzy can talk to his gyno guy to help put on 20 lbs of muscle in 5 months it will be easy takedowns and GnP for Jan

I’m an Izzy fan , but I don’t like it unless he’s done with MW ....Lots of fun fights at 205 and I don’t want a potentially inactive champion
He surely would be if he'd win the LHW belt, all of Izzy's best possible match ups now come at LHW or HW surely, exception maybe Chimaev.

Back