News Jan accepts Adesanyas call out. Says they can fight in march,

I favor Adesanya as he is the Better Striker, but this COULD be a case of Izzy biting off more than he can Chew. If Romero made him play the Point Fighting game after he tagged him in the First Round, and Jan is the FAR better striker of the two, Izzy needs to be ON POINT or he's going to get hurt.

I lean Adesanya but at the Higher Weight Classes it truly takes one punch to change the game, regardless of Skill. It'll be very interesting if this fight gets made.
Yeah, Jan is dangerous for everyone, that's true.
What you should keep in mind in regards to Izzy vs Romero though, is that Romero is a southpaw (those fighters happened to give Izzy the most struggle, see Vettori, (Romero) and Gastelum.
Plus all these guys had a grappling threat, so i think Izzy won't be too scared, but we'll only know for sure once this fight happens.
Izzy doesn't cut a lot of weight at 185, so a probably nothing cutting and fully hydrated Izzy at 205 is scary, considering he's already fast as f*ck a weightclass below!

Jan is gonna shatter his jaw.

Yeah, Jan is dangerous for everyone, that's true.
What you should keep in mind in regards to Izzy vs Romero though, is that Romero is a southpaw (those fighters happened to give Izzy the most struggle, see Vettori, (Romero) and Gastelum.
Plus all these guys had a grappling threat, so i think Izzy won't be too scared, but we'll only know for sure once this fight happens.
Izzy doesn't cut a lot of weight at 185, so a probably nothing cutting and fully hydrated Izzy at 205 is scary, considering he's already fast as f*ck a weightclass below!

I think Jan certainly offers the grappling threat, we don't see it much but he's a very proficient grappler and wrestler. He's got more wins by sub then strikes as well. A guy his size get's Izzy down very good chance he taps him.

Jan is gonna shatter his jaw.
lol. I'm not gonna disrespect Jan. I really like the guy but logically speaking that is unlikely. It's definitely a tough fight though IMO even if Adesanya does make it look easy.

I think Jan certainly offers the grappling threat, we don't see it much but he's a very proficient grappler and wrestler. He's got more wins by sub then strikes as well. A guy his size get's Izzy down very good chance he taps him.
Yeah, fair enough.
Not sure about his wrestling, but i'd say Jan is damn strong.

Reactions: JKS
Jan's best chance is his kicks. His hands are too slow.
If he hits Izzy with a kick like he hit Reyes, he has a great chance. If he tries to box with Izzy, he gets countered all day.
It's not like Izzy could block many of Jan's kicks either, they are too powerful.

Still think Izzy takes it, but Jan has a chance.

Izzy is clearly running from Motivated Reaper.

@Brodie what's your take?

Well I’m not worried about Jans grappling ....Jan only has a punchers chance and that isn’t likely imo .....Really it’s Jones grappling that concerns me for Izzy .....But looking at 205 it is striker heavy
It's a very significant puncher's chance.

I believed in the “walk through it” tactic until the epitome of someone who was going to do that in Costa pretty much feared exchanging with Izzy whatsoever
If Costa had actually tried to walk through anything, we might have seen whether it works lol.

As it happened, he stood there waiting to get kicked for 2 rounds.

His belief in himself is mirrored by so many but differs in that he has the skills to back it up. The skill differential is massive, arguably as much as that which Khabib had over the rest at LW. (Standup and groundgame respectively of course)

Don't know if I agree the skill difference between him and the rest at MW is comparable to Khabib at LW. I mean Gastelum almost beat him with mostly striking. Andy was competitive, and two out of 3 judges only had Izzy beating Romero by a round.

And those three were all striking matches basically.

Meanwhile, no one has even been remotely competitive with Khabib on the mat.

Not seeing Izzy is bad of course. He's awesome.

Jan's best chance is his kicks. His hands are too slow.
If he hits Izzy with a kick like he hit Reyes, he has a great chance. If he tries to box with Izzy, he gets countered all day.
It's not like Izzy could block many of Jan's kicks either, they are too powerful.

Still think Izzy takes it, but Jan has a chance.

Izzy is clearly running from Motivated Reaper.

@Brodie what's your take?
Lol Jan is higher stakes but I think Israel wants to get in there before March. Poor Whittaker. He's in a tough spot. Truly the second best fighter in the division but Adesanya has his number.

I wonder what his path will be after Israel gets him a third time. Do you think Rob does well at 205?

Adesanya by 1st round TKO.

Haters gonna hate.

Lol Jan is higher stakes but I think Israel wants to get in there before March. Poor Whittaker. He's in a tough spot. Truly the second best fighter in the division but Adesanya has his number.

I wonder what his path will be after Israel gets him a third time. Do you think Rob does well at 205?

I think he would. He's relatively agile when you remove adesanya fro. The equation who, let's face it, can make anyone look stupid.

Back