Jake Shields Respect

I agree. Not a fan of the guys style, but he has an impressive resume. Still dont know why he was let go

Cause he's boring as hell, after he lost to GSP, there was really no more use for him

I don't think Jake could knock out an unsuspecting 10 yo girl with his Sunday punch.

The promo they cut for the GSP fight (probably their best one imo) really said it all. He'd been in the trenches for years putting people away. One of the legit best grapplers in the sport.

He was supposed to be the Cormier to GSP's Jones. And he got handled pretty much the same way.

Cause he's boring as hell, after he lost to GSP, there was really no more use for him

Don't forget to mention that he won 2 rounds against GSP in the stand up and that a lot of people find GSP to be boring as hell :)

UFC-129-Respect-Feature1.jpg

yes, i expect all ufc fighters to be well rounded

you are pathetic looking for an argument about this. he looks like two different fighters because the demarcation between him standing and him on the ground is so pronounced you trollop

are you upset? i just wanted to comment on your moronic, thoughtless post tbh...

expecting all ufc fighters to be well rounded is unrealistic at this point, especially since there are still leftovers from the last generation that was full of specialized fighters.

besides the ground game and standup game are unrelated in a lot of ways and contain different disciplines so i don't see how you can't be good at one and be bad at another...

The promo they cut for the GSP fight (probably their best one imo) really said it all. He'd been in the trenches for years putting people away. One of the legit best grapplers in the sport.

He was supposed to be the Cormier to GSP's Jones. And he got handled pretty much the same way.

Except Shields was doing the poking. Funny how Georges didn't want to try and hold him down for 25 mins. One of the most biggest letdowns in the UFC. Up there with Rashad/Rampage and Condit/Diaz

I like Jake but I am glad he is in WSOF. He has the push of a title chase there.

respect yes, but cant stand him. up there with the most boring fighters ever

Shields is a perfect blueprint on how to win fights without fighting.

are you upset? i just wanted to comment on your moronic, thoughtless post tbh...

expecting all ufc fighters to be well rounded is unrealistic at this point, especially since there are still leftovers from the last generation that was full of specialized fighters.

besides the ground game and standup game are unrelated in a lot of ways so i don't see how you can't be good at one and be bad at another...

its silly to expect the best fighters in the world to be well rounded?

the standup game and ground game are not unrelated. do you even watch the sport? do you not see people set up takedowns with strikes? do you not see people catch kicks? do you not see people hip throw?

Wins over:
Okami
Hendo
Nick Thomson
Paul Daley
Carlos Condit
Demian Maia
Tyron Woodley
Martin Kampmann
And the most importantly,
Robbie Fucking Lawler...

Holy fuck. I'm not even a fan, but this is just sad to see him fighting outside the UFC.

The Hendo win is the most important one.

Agreed, he's one of the best fighters...

Outside the UFC.

its silly to expect the best fighters in the world to be well rounded?

the standup game and ground game are not unrelated. do you even watch the sport? do you not see people set up takedowns with strikes? do you not see people catch kicks? do you not see people hip throw?

i didn't say they were unrelated, i said they are unrelated in a lot of ways. do you even reading comprehension? i am fully aware the standup can transition into the ground and vice versa.

and yes it's fucking silly to expect all UFC fighters to be well rounded with MMA's young age as a full-fledged sport, why the serious fuck are you trying to argue that?

your anger is robbing you of your mental resources. :icon_lol:

Jacob Shields will find his way to the UFC again at some point. The UFC will just let him collect wins and a nice winning streak outside the UFC on someone elses dollar like Rampage. Then when he gets a good 3-5 fight winning streak they can bring him back.

Back