• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jake Paul vs Mike Perry is official for July 20th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Why risk the Mike Tyson fight and face Mike Perry just months before?

Dumb move by the "influencer".
Probably because the Tyson fight will never happen.

Mike is a senior citizen who has been out of shape and smoking weed for years. He would get KOed as soon as Jake lands something and everybody with 2 braincells knows it.

Mike Perry bodied Luke Cuckhold
The corpse of the ghost of Luke who was never a good boxer. His strength was top control, GnP, submissions and he had good kicks when he was younger. That's very different that a 27-year old Paul who's been training for pure boxing for the last 6 years or so.

Even though Tommy and Perry have absolutely nothing in common in any way.
Tommy was the only guy who matched Jake's size and youth....and it showed. And Tommy is hardly a serious boxer.

Tommy was the only guy who matched Jake's size and youth....and it showed. And Tommy is hardly a serious boxer.

At least IS a boxer. And two weight classes bigger than Perry.

Reactions: mkt
Jake is 6'1" and around 200lbs. Although there are reports that he's packed on some weight in preparation for Tyson. Some claim 230, which I think must be an exaggeration unless he's fat. But I could see him being 210 on fight night.

Mike Perry is 5'10" 170 lbs after cutting, or 185 lbs with a small cut. Or 195 if he does nothing but eat Doritos for his full camp.

It's disappointing that after Jake lost to a real boxer he just went right back to picking disadvantaged opponents instead of trying to get better.

The Jake Paul opponent checklist:

1. Past their prime
2. Not a boxer
3. Smaller than Jake by at least 1 weight class, although 2 is better.

Opponents must check at least 2 boxes. Or if only 1 box is checked, it must be checked to the extreme, like being 30 years past their prime.

Last edited:
Jake is 6'1" and around 200lbs. Although there are reports that he's packed on some weight in preparation for Tyson.

Mike Perry is 5'10" 170 lbs after cutting, or 185 lbs with a small cut.

It's disappointing that after Jake lost to a real boxer he just went right back to picking disadvantaged opponents instead of trying to get better.

1. Past their prime
2. Not a boxer

Opponents must check at least 2 boxes. Or if only 1 box is checked, it must be checked to the extreme, like being 30 years past their prime.

I agree with the general premise of what you're saying, but most are exaggerating how small Perry is. Someone on this forum even described him as a 155 pounder, despite making his UFC debut at 170 <lmao>

Perry walks around at circa 200 pounds.

This is how much he weighed 6 years ago on fight week.

xCQIXhW.jpg

Last edited:
having been a sparring partner of mike perry I can confirm he walks around under 200lbs. I distinctly remember him weighing 197 one morning at ATT orlando after having chicken minis from chick fil a for breakfast. he will absolutely be the smaller fighter in this boxing match.

having been a sparring partner of mike perry I can confirm he walks around under 200lbs. I distinctly remember him weighing 197 one morning at ATT orlando after having chicken minis from chick fil a for breakfast. he will absolutely be the smaller fighter in this boxing match.

Of course he's smaller, just not quite as much smaller as some people are saying.

How much heavier do you think Paul walks around? Unless he's bulked up in a big way recently, it's probably under 20 pounds.

I agree with the general premise of what you're saying, but most are exaggerating how small Perry is. Someone on this forum even described him as a 155 pounder, despite making his UFC debut at 170 <lmao>

Perry walks around at circa 200 pounds.

This is how much he weighed 6 years ago on fight week.

xCQIXhW.jpg
Well I think he has actually fought at 155 before, a long time ago. But yeah I didn't think that's his natural class today.

I think he's a natural 170 lb guy.

Walking around at 196 doesn't mean a lot when a 20 lb cut is considered easy these days.

The bottom line is that Jake will have to do an actual weight cut to make 195 and all Perry has to do is skip breakfast. They are not the same.

Jake is 6'1" and around 200lbs. Although there are reports that he's packed on some weight in preparation for Tyson.

Mike Perry is 5'10" 170 lbs after cutting, or 185 lbs with a small cut.

1. Past their prime
2. Not a boxer

Perry has fought Rockhold and MVP, both guys are 6'3. Also, Tim Means and Mickey Gall, both 6'2.

Perry might be affected by the weight difference but at least he won't have to cut. He'll be able to work on his cardio and eat as much as he wants. Jake Paul probs weighs in at 199.? lb and Perry potentially can get to 185-190 lb easy.

Jake Paul's last 6 weigh-ins:
199.8 lb against Ryan Bourland
199.4 lb against Andre August
185 lb against Nate Diaz.
183.6 lb against Tommy Fury.
186.5 lb against Anderson
191.5 lb against Woodley 2

Perry's 5 BKFC weigh-ins:
184 lb against Alves
174 lb against Alvarez
184.2 lb against Rockhold
175 lb against MVP
175.4 lb against Let me bang bro

Easy 20 lb weight difference.

Well I think he has actually fought at 155 before, a long time ago. But yeah I didn't think that's his natural class today.

I think he's a natural 170 lb guy.

Walking around at 196 doesn't mean a lot when a 20 lb cut is considered easy these days.

The bottom line is that Jake will have to do an actual weight cut to make 195 and all Perry has to do is skip breakfast. They are not the same.

I know he's fought at 155, but we're talking a couple of fights 10 years ago. He's hardly a career 155 pounder. As you say, 170 is his real division.

And yeah walking around at 194 does mean something, it means it's his normal/natural weight, ie he's not someone who barely cuts to 170. Walking around at 195 means he's not a tiny guy, not exactly a midget compared to Paul.

The fact that Jake was able to weigh in at 185 under a year ago and look absolutely fine shows he's some way off from being a natural HW or even a cruiserweight.

This fight is basically a UFC WW vs a UFC MW, just without much of a weight cut, or in Perry's case, no weight cut.

Complete clown show. Another washed up fighter (Perry) with CTE and a failing chin. Please stop taking Paul seriously. Yall are better than this.

Back