Jake Paul vs Askren / Boxing MEGA Discussion

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It'll show it to a larger audience.
But as of now, we don't know yet if it's not good enough to win against Paul or not, regardless of if it's bad either way.

It's awful by any metric

The surgeons replaced his good hip instead of the bad one.

Jake Paul is the one who is trolling the whole sport of boxing and his fans.

He talks about how he is so serious about the sport and is a real boxer, blah blah blah.................Then get your ass in the ring with a really boxer and stop calling out certain people with nothing to do with boxing for paydays.

If Jake watched what Lawler did to Benny, and Ben still won, he should be very worried.

He isn't trolling. He does understand his striking is bad though and is able to joke about it himself. Just watch the Maia fight and you'll see he isn't trolling with his skillset. He's not purposely trying to show he's a bad striker and hiding that he's secretly a great striker. That's just the skill level he's at and he pokes fun at it himself.

I hope one day someone wakes up and realizes this circus act is embarrassing and cancels the event altogether. Putting a stop to freakshow fights would be excellent.

Yes hes sandbagging like a motherfuker..smart plan
He isn't sandbagging lol. Just watch the Maia fight, that's just the skill level he's at. He was never a good striker, it was never his strength in his fighting style. 1 week at Wildcard and 2 months with other trainers/coaches isn't going to change that much.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if Askren wins this fight.

Jake Paul is the one who is trolling the whole sport of boxing and his fans.

He talks about how he is so serious about the sport and is a real boxer, blah blah blah.................Then get your ass in the ring with a really boxer and stop calling out certain people with nothing to do with boxing for paydays.
That's what this fight is for. It's to give credibility to Jake Paul to fight other fighters. Dillon Danis could've fought him instead but wouldn't sign the contract when it came down to it.

Can't wait for Stephen A. Smith to make fun of Askren being undefeated for many years in mma after he gets ktfo'd by a youtuber!
tenor.gif

askrensucksa14800c22601bce4.gif

Ben should have tried Ballet or Figure Skating. imho

Elias could be his partner..hehe

I'm gonna laugh so hard if Askren wins this fight.
I think most of the mma/boxing community wants that to happen since Jake Paul is rubbing people the wrong way. I don't think it's going to happen though, I think the gap in their skill difference in boxing is too wide. Ben doesn't hit hard at all and his head never moves and he can't really lift his arms up past his chest. He's going to be way too easy to hit. He's not going to be rushing is faster than Nate, he's going to be moving in slow motion compared to Jake's last opponent. No grappling or wrestling and Ben is forced to strike. He's going to run into an overhand right trying to clinch over and over again and get KO. That's how I see the fight playing out.

Cardio can be an issue as well as adrenaline dump for Jake. But he should have way better striking cardio than Ben. Different muscles and different type of conditioning. Askren is more likely to gas than Jake Paul.

If Logan wins, he did so against a one-dimensional MMA fighter without any real striking skills and if Askren wins , it's against a youtube amateur, 3rd rate boxer.

So other than money does a victory by either chump prove anything or given them any bragging rights?

People have short term memory. Jake can say he beat a high ranked ufc fighter that won belts in multiple organizations.

This place is full of people saying Paul has no chance so I say there’s an upside. Askren upside? Most likely making more money than he made in the ufc all fights combined.

It's a benefit because they will make money. They will make money because people think it's beneficial to watch.
<BC1>

Reactions: Po
Back