• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News *** Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Boxing Bout Set for October MEGA THREAD ***

Winner?

• Total voters
Fighters union means the Islam's, Izzy's, and Conor's will make less money. It will never happen
They could make more money too, the UFC only gives 15% of the revenue to the fighters

You're acting like this doesn't go both ways. The reason for the big pay days is because he's fighting former top dogs from MMA.

He cancelled his last fight with a boxer because nobody gave a shit.

Well I'm definitely not saying Paul is a saint, dude is obviously looking out for himself first and foremost. I just don't think he's completely full of shit when he talks about wanting to help raise fighter pay/start a fighters union.

He's young, rich, and famous. If making himself a shit load more money was his only focus I'd say there's easier ways to do it. Who knows though, I could be dead ass wrong. Just seems like everyone's jumping to conclusions because he's a bit of a douche.

I don't get Jake. On one hand, he wants to beat all the MMA fighters in boxing as a flex or something. On the other, he wants to help them get more money in MMA. Seems like kind of a contradiction.
Huh? He wanted to fight Anderson Silva because Silva is a legend to him. There was no trash talk before this fight. Just pure respect.

You're acting like this doesn't go both ways. The reason for the big pay days is because he's fighting former top dogs from MMA.

He cancelled his last fight with a boxer because nobody gave a shit.
No, he didn't.

Huh? He wanted to fight Anderson Silva because Silva is a legend to him. There was no trash talk before this fight. Just pure respect.
Think the point being made was that Paul has only fought retired MMA fighters guys who are way past their prime and shouldnt be fighting young guys...period. SIlva is fucking 47 and looked every bit his age last night after 3 rounds, it blows my mind how people though Silva would win...sure 7-10 years ago when he was still past his prime he likely would have but 47 that shit is just not happening. Its fucking weird how he keeps calling out or setting up fights with these guys and then attacking Dana White, then stating how great he is etc...Paul needs to fight a boxer his own age...end of story this sideshow BS might be fun for casuals and ok for the pockets of past prime MMA guys but as a fight fan myself it greatly diminishes the sport.

Think the point being made was that Paul has only fought retired MMA fighters guys who are way past their prime and shouldnt be fighting young guys...period. SIlva is fucking 47 and looked every bit his age last night after 3 rounds, it blows my mind how people though Silva would win...sure 7-10 years ago when he was still past his prime he likely would have but 47 that shit is just not happening. Its fucking weird how he keeps calling out or setting up fights with these guys and then attacking Dana White, then stating how great he is etc...Paul needs to fight a boxer his own age...end of story this sideshow BS might be fun for casuals and ok for the pockets of past prime MMA guys but as a fight fan myself it greatly diminishes the sport.

He beat a super legit boxer not that long ago. Now he loses and he's too old and shit. Never change sherdog.

The amount of Paul bros threads that remain active and take over the UFC section are fucking ridiculous.

At best, they should only be in Boxing forum.
At worst, they saturate the UFC section with loose ramblings about Dana or former UFC fighters.

Why do you allow this shit to go on?

Why not card people or give warnings?

EDIT;

Great. I create a thread ATT Mods and it gets merged.
What a fine shitty modding job.

Double edit. At least they moved it into the boxing section.

The amount of Paul bros threads that remain active and take over the UFC section are fucking ridiculous.

At best, they should only be in Boxing forum.
At worst, they saturate the UFC section with loose ramblings about Dana or former UFC fighters.

Why do you allow this shit to go on?

Why not card people or give warnings?

EDIT;

Great. I create a thread ATT Mods and it gets merged.
What a fine shitty modding job.

Double edit. At least they moved it into the boxing section.

Carding is so 2000's

He beat a super legit boxer not that long ago. Now he loses and he's too old and shit. Never change sherdog.
who Paul or Silva
because neither of them beat a super legit boxer recently
the closest was probably Silva vs Jr.
but jr. is about as relevant as Sapp is in MMA
sorry that's an insult to Sapp

He looked like he was sandbagging his own punches, purposely not landing with conviction.

He didn't plan on getting dropped at the last round but he did. Tryna cash out before he turns 50.

Is normal.

Well I'm definitely not saying Paul is a saint, dude is obviously looking out for himself first and foremost. I just don't think he's completely full of shit when he talks about wanting to help raise fighter pay/start a fighters union.

He's young, rich, and famous. If making himself a shit load more money was his only focus I'd say there's easier ways to do it. Who knows though, I could be dead ass wrong. Just seems like everyone's jumping to conclusions because he's a bit of a douche.
No. He's a genuinely good guy.
If he actually starts a fighter's union, it would be his biggest accomplishment. How many disgruntled retired fighters would sign on with their endorsement? Many.

LOL… Tell me you don’t know anything about boxing without telling me you don’t know boxing.

The average amateur pedigree in boxing can easily be over 30 fights, that’s how proficient you have to be at your trade to compete at the lowest levels of pro boxing against low level opponents. Jake would get worked by an average 18 year old with a real boxing pedigree.

I have no problem with Jake, but he’s handpicking MMA fighters for a reason. The level of boxing in MMA is so laughably low, it’s now apparent and being exposed.

MMA fans are saying the most outlandish things now to cope with an influencer beating up their champs.

<6>
Plenty of MMA fighters have had success in pro boxing. Amateur boxing is weird to compare because it is so developed. A good amateur is probably better than a large portion of low level pros. An Olympic medalist would mop Jake, but Jake could easily go 10 - 0 on a local pro circuit.

Back