• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jailton Almeida is sad he missed out on interim title shot by losing to Curtis Blaydes

he needs to be more threatening. at HW, you ain't gonna be shit if the other HWs find out you can't really do anything but choke people. that's why i always say, you need power OR you need a granite chin. because power will keep HWs off you and if you don't have that, you're gonna need to eat some monster shots to wear them down sooner or later.

The first round was one of the most impressive wrestling and strength displays Ive seen in the UFC... looked like the Rory vs Nate Diaz fight only that this time Diaz was a 265 lbs monster wrestler...

And then he goes full retard next round

I don’t think anyone worked harder than him to avoid a fight than he did against Curtis

Took down Blaydes like butter. It was a pretty weird fight, but I wouldn't say Almeida can never get better.
He can get better but he can't get much bigger and that's a problem. Guy is tiny at HW and that's fine against most HWs cause they are completely incompetent at the grappling, but against Aspinall it's game over. The size and physicality difference meant he could barely accomplish anything in five rounds of full mount against Derrick Lewis

I thought it was a great performance vs Bladyes. He was ragdolling a 260lbs wrestler and had a low IQ moment and made a mistake of not letting go the takedown.

He will tire Romanov in one round and smash him later. Alexander has been a huge disappointment.

I wouldn't say he was ragdolling Blaydes. Most of those "takedowns" were mat returns. He had his arms locked around Blaydes the entire round and after the initial takedown, kept pulling him back down to the mat. He was never really came close to a submission nor landed any meaningful ground and pound.

I wouldn't say he was ragdolling Blaydes. Most of those "takedowns" were mat returns. He had his arms locked around Blaydes the entire round and after the initial takedown, kept pulling him back down to the mat. He was never really came close to a submission nor landed any meaningful ground and pound.

Sure but I still found it extremely impressive that he was able to do that the whole first round. Never seen anyone do that to Curtis before.

I was hoping Curtis would say something about it afterwards but he was like "no we expected that" or something like that.. I don't buy that at all. There's no way he thought he would or even could get handled like that in the grappling.

He can get better but he can't get much bigger and that's a problem. Guy is tiny at HW and that's fine against most HWs cause they are completely incompetent at the grappling, but against Aspinall it's game over. The size and physicality difference meant he could barely accomplish anything in five rounds of full mount against Derrick Lewis
To be fair Lewis is giant and people underestimate how hard it is to take the guy down and finish him on the ground. He's pretty good at neutralizing off his back.

Understandable, but....It is obvious being interim champ means nothing at all in the UFC - It is like that BMF belt, just even more meaningless.

This is what interim champ usually means -

"Occasionally, the champion of a particular weight division is temporarily unable to defend his championship because of medical, legal, or other reasons beyond the competitor's control. When this case occurs, two highly ranked contenders may fight for an interim championship of the same weight division – leading to two champions existing in the same weight division simultaneously. Once the original champion can return, at the discretion of the sanctioning body or promotion concerned, they must defend their title against the interim champion - who will relinquish their interim title to fight for the full world title."
-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interim_championship

In the UFC it means -

"Hahhaah fuck you"

Sure but I still found it extremely impressive that he was able to do that the whole first round. Never seen anyone do that to Curtis before.

I was hoping Curtis would say something about it afterwards but he was like "no we expected that" or something like that.. I don't buy that at all. There's no way he thought he would or even could get handled like that in the grappling.

I agree. I don't know if Curtis' wrestling has dropped or of he just didn't take Almeida seriously but I wasn't expecting him to be out grappled like that. And this makes me less confident in his chances against Aspinall who's faster and more explosive than Almeida.

He's very good but Aspinall eats him for breakfast. Probably a TKO inside 2 mins.

He needs to damage his opponents more when he takes them down.

he needs to improve his GnP and be more active with punches.

He won me over some when he had that "fight" against the dude with downs. Still a boring fighter, though.

Took me about 10 seconds to remember that happened. Was laughing thinking he said Blaydes had downs before I realised it.

Back