Jackson mma's ACTUAL finishing rate in 2012

Yes, yes you do. It's not like they only counted Jackson's losses and no other team's.
What is Shane Carwin's finishing rate?

j.jpg

He had one fight in 2012 and it wasn't under Jackson.

Yes I know that, that is why I said it after I initially asked why he wasn't on the list. The TS has also answered that is the reason.

16 out of 48 is the same percentage, no matter if some of the loses are finishes - 16 and 48 stay the same.

And yeah, it seems that he included loses, because that ~ 31% seems to be correct when it's finishes/all fights.

If it's retarded or not is another question.
So essentially the reason Greg has the lowest finishing percentage is because his fighters lost half of their fights.

if you went and looked into att, aka, blackzillians ECT and then also compared their fighters who are not in the ufc, greg jacksons will still have the lowest.

how can you add all the non ufc fighters from jacksons but non of the other fighters from the other teams you idiot.

Counting loses for a finish rate is really dumb.

It values ko/sub losses over dec. losses. Never seen that argument until it made Jackson look bad.

What can you do.

if you went and looked into att, aka, blackzillians ECT and then also compared their fighters who are not in the ufc, greg jacksons will still have the lowest.

how can you add all the non ufc fighters from jacksons but non of the other fighters from the other teams you idiot.

Didn't add non UFC. The table missed UFC fights with Jackson fighters.

I clearly stated UFC fighters, Mr Einstein.

Dont expect this to do much. Greg has been way too demonized by Dana White and all the Zuffa Zombies on Sherdog for really no good reason.

EDIT: Some people are saying it's a finishing rate for all fights total, which would be retarded imo. Why would you include losses to calculate finishes , where there by definition can't be any? You would have to include losses by finish also in that case.

First off nice work TS.

Second it is actually retarded and indefensible to calculate finishes without counting losses.

Every single fight entered has a range of outcomes. You can finish or not. If you do not finish that fight that counts against you.

Here is how absurd your statistic gets and why it is worthless.

Tony WildCard Ferguson is the most successful finisher in the history of the sport of MMA by your stat as he finished 100% of his wins. While others can tie him, no one can be a better finisher.

So according to your stat what is this amazing Anthony WildCard Fergusons record?

He is 2 wins and 16 losses with both wins via finish for a 100% finish rate.

Now to demonstrate how retarded your view is if you had another fighter who fought the same 18 opponents winning all 18 fights, 9 via finish and 9 via decision he would have a 50% finish rate. Worse then WildCard. WTF?

When fighters say "I finish fights" they mean just that. Give them a fight and they are likely to finish it. To calculate how good a fighter is at finishing fights you need to calculate it as a percent of ALL fights.

Thus Wildcards finish rate is 2 of 18 fights or 11%. He is a low end finisher. ANd fighter B is a 50% finisher and substantially better then Anthony. Done the correct way the stats tell you that. Done your way, the wrong way, we have no choice but to accept WIldcard as a far better finisher then Anderson SIlva and maybe Anderson should go train with him to learn how to finish at a higher rate.

Yeah but if you do it this way the other teams have also a higher finishing rate and Jackson mma's is still the worst. I'm not hating I'm just saying the truth

I didn't know Akiyama trained full time at Jacksons

Lol, if so, then someone seriously screwed his statistic up...

That's like 100% difference.

Well, when you measure stats differently you get two different answers. The problem I see with this thread is it is now comparing apples to oranges. Greg's camp has the 2nd highest finishing rate when compared against other camps, ONLY when those other camp's finishing rates are measured in a way that gives lower figures.

Essentially, to know where Greg's camp stands, someone would have to redo the numbers for every camp from scratch.

First off nice work TS.

Second it is actually retarded and indefensible to calculate finishes without counting losses.

Every single fight entered has a range of outcomes. You can finish or not. If you do not finish that fight that counts against you.

Here is how absurd your statistic gets and why it is worthless.

Tony WildCard Ferguson is the most successful finisher in the history of the sport of MMA by your stat as he finished 100% of his wins. While others can tie him, no one can be a better finisher.

So according to your stat what is this amazing Anthony WildCard Fergusons record?

He is 2 wins and 16 losses with both wins via finish for a 100% finish rate.

Now to demonstrate how retarded your view is if you had another fighter who fought the same 18 opponents winning all 18 fights, 9 via finish and 9 via decision he would have a 50% finish rate. Worse then WildCard. WTF?

When fighters say "I finish fights" they mean just that. Give them a fight and they are likely to finish it. To calculate how good a fighter is at finishing fights you need to calculate it as a percent of ALL fights.

Thus Wildcards finish rate is 2 of 18 fights or 11%. He is a low end finisher. ANd fighter B is a 50% finisher and substantially better then Anthony. Done the correct way the stats tell you that. Done your way, the wrong way, we have no choice but to accept WIldcard as a far better finisher then Anderson SIlva and maybe Anderson should go train with him to learn how to finish at a higher rate.

lol

I said basically the same point earlier

:|
so when someone asks you the percentage of opponents you knock out........... if you have a record of 1-9 you'd say you knock out 100% of your opponents........ not 10%? lmfao

I don't understand how people can think this isn't logical

First off nice work TS.

No it doesn't.

tumblr_mcsdbvWwOd1qa6do5o1_500.png

Carlos Condit's six losses have no effect on his finishing rate. Why must MMA fans make everything difficult?

Last edited:
its stupid NOT to include finishing rate from losses.

if you lost the fight you didnt finish it.

stands to reason, logically.

Finishing is overrated. Trying to finish is what people wants to see.

For a stat to be meaningful it has to tell you something. Finishes is a percent of wins is near useless.

If you line up guys with the best finish rates from 100% down to 0% that should tell you who is the better finisher in MMA.

IF you calculate it solely a percent of wins that is not the case. Suddenly some of MMA worst fighters have the best finish rates.

Guys Anthony WildCard Ferguson, Ray Mercer, James Toney, Houston Alexander, etc who are likely to lose almost every MMA fight but when they win, win by finish will rank above guys who finish far more then they do.

There is no defense for this warped stat when simply calculating finishes as a percent of all fights puts it in perfectly understandable perspective and makes the stat meaningful.

and if you want to really know where gregs camp stands

it stands on the shoulders of having 2 of the top 3 p4p fighters in the world.

think that stands pretty tall to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back