Jackson mma's ACTUAL finishing rate in 2012

flanellograf

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
With all the threads about this incorrect infograph:

Capture-3_zpsc743afb6.png

I did some proper research to get an up-to-date list of Jackson's UFC fighters for 2012, and calculations. Feel free to correct any mistakes I might have made.
NOTE: At first I thought the graph was talking about finishing rate, i.e. wins by finish, which imo made the most sense. I since found out that the author meant wins AND losses by finish. Which I guess makes some sense if you are trying to ascertain how exciting a fighter/camp is. So I included that data. It's still wildly incorrect.

Sources: Wiki, Jackson's mma website, Jackson's mma twitter, and fight finder.

FighterName fights: wins/wins by finish/losses by finish

Aaron Riley 0:
Azamat Gashimov 1: 0/0/1
Brendan Schaub 1: 0/0/1
Buddy Roberts 2: 1/0/1
Carlos Condit 2: 1/0/0
Clay Guida 1: 0/0/0
Cody Donnovan 1: 1/1/0
Cub Swanson 3: 3/3/0
Damacio Page 2: 0/0/2
Derek Brunson 1: 1/0/0
Diego Brandao 2: 1/0/0
Diego Sanchez 1: 0/0/0
Donald Cerrone 2: 2/1/0
Elliot Marshall 0:
Erik Perez 3: 3/3/0
Henry Martinez 3: 1/0/1
Jason MacDonald 1: 0/0/1
John Dodson 2: 2/1/0
Jon Jones 2: 2/1/0
Justin Salas 2: 1/0/1
Kyle Noke 2: 1/1/0
Luiz Cane 1: 0/0/0
Leonard Garcia 2: 0/0/0
Roger Hollett 1: 0/0/0
Rustam Khabilov 1: 1/1/0
Ryan Jensen 1: 1/1/0
Shane Carwin 0:
Shawn Jordan 2: 1/1/0
Tom Watson 1: 0/0/0
Travis Browne 2: 1/1/1
Yoshihiro Akiyama 1: 0/0/0

----------------------

Total Fights: 48
Wins: 25
Wins by finish: 16
Losses by finish: 9

Winning rate: 52%
Wins by finish: 64%
Losses by finish: 19%
Total finishes: 52%

NOTE: Brian Stann should probably be removed since he is no longer primarely with Jacksons (I'm not sure if he still corners him).
The total finish percentage is not skewed either way, though, it stays the same no matter if he is included or not.

------------------------------

Almost double the 30% indicated in the graph, and the question now is how correct the numbers for the other teams are. The guy who created the infograph is bad and should feel bad. ;)

Sources for original graph:
http://www.middleeasy.com/index.php...a-from-2012&catid=34:organizations&Itemid=162
http://mmanytt.se/ufc/infograf-2012-i-siffror/

Stats the data the infograph is based on (translated), from the author in the comments section of mmanytt.se, the original source:

Jackson's MMA
27 - fights
14 wins (52%)
13 losses (48%)
0 NC
1 Sub wins (4%)
0 Sub losses
6 KO/TKO wins (22%)
1 KO/TKO losses (4%)
7 dec wins (26%)
12 dec losses (44%)

Last edited:
Nice one TS, must have taken a while.

The haters aren't gonna like it though...

EDIT: I think the 30% stat might have been out of total fights rather than just wins? That would be a pointless stat but that would roughly match 16/48.

The stats are for Jackson fighters in the UFC

Yeah but all their opponents had cracked skulls, broken ribs and had bad weight cuts.

great job TS, but since their info was so off on greg's stats than it would be likely that they messed up the other teams stats as well.

I find it funny that people hate on Greg

All the fighters I listed are currently in the UFC.

Oh ok. I saw Cody Donovan and had no idea who he was. Just looked him up and I must have missed that fight by accident or something.

Nice one TS, must have taken a while.

The haters aren't gonna like it though...

EDIT: I think the 31% stat might have been out of total fights rather than just wins? That would be a pointless stat but that would roughly match 16/48.

Thank you. Yes. Yes it did. ;)

Idk, but from what I understand the author of the infograph went solely by wiki, which is not up-to-date or in some cases even correct.

lol at those haters in the other thread... diaz and BJ fanboys are seriously some of the worst

nice work TS

Why is GSP not on that list? Is it because he didn't train at Jacksons for his fight Condit?

Oh ok. I saw Cody Donovan and had no idea who he was. Just looked him up and I must have missed that fight by accident or something.

Yeah, I was surprised at a couple of names also. Fight finder is pretty good.

So the smaller guys over at Alpha Male had the highest finishing rate?

Smaller guys had highest finishing rate?

Smaller guys highest finishing rate?

MIND BLOWN.

Why is GSP not on that list? Is it because he didn't train at Jacksons for his fight Condit?

Exactly. Also I'm not sure he really should count as a Jackson fighter. He barely trains there, and Greg just mostly helps out with the game plans. But that's another discussion.

The people you are trying to convince are practically retarded. Good luck.

The truth is, it shouldnt matter, because MMA is a sport and its about winning or losing - just like football or anything else. Sad that people give Jacksons such a hard time.

So the smaller guys over at Alpha Male had the highest finishing rate?

Smaller guys had highest finishing rate?

Smaller guys highest finishing rate?

MIND BLOWN.

I'm not really sure that stat is correct. If I have some energy tomorrow I might check it.

Back