Jackson mma's ACTUAL finishing rate in 2012

what if there is a stat that shows most FOTN's are decisions? Then exciting decisions are part of the formula too. You can make that a separate bullshit category if you want, Exciting decision/ Decision/ KO/ Sub - You could also do some tricky shit with the split decisions and draws and then bicker over whose dumb ass idea is better

Read the thread and the original post again.

Why would I do that? The graph is fairly accurate if the numbers are calculated correctly.

How you choose to calculate the numbers is not the same, thus, pointless thread, as the point of your thread seems to be to discredit the graph, but you're doing your math different, and in my opinion, less reliable method.

How is total wins/finish rate, a more logical method than total fights/finish rate?

isnt tristar under jackson's mma ?? intresting they are both the lowest finish rate

Why would I do that? The graph is fairly accurate if the numbers are calculated correctly.

How you choose to calculate the numbers is not the same, thus, pointless thread, as the point of your thread seems to be to discredit the graph, but you're doing your math different, and in my opinion, less reliable method.

How is total wins/finish rate, a more logical method than total fights/finish rate?

That has already been discussed, and I'm not interested in repeating myself. Also, total fights/winning finishing rate is not what the author of the infograph intended, nor were the numbers he based it on correct, as the updated original post shows.

But you are factually wrong as it does not imply that. Open discussion.

Here are two guys under your warped stat.

Fighter 1 : 10 career fights. Wins 1 by finish. Loses 9 by boring decision.

Your stat says he has a 100% finish rate and is exciting. You would argue guys should buy tickets to see this exciting fighter fight.

Fighter 2 : 10 career fights. Wins 8 by finish. Wins 2 by decision.

Your stat says fighter one is the more exciting fighter to watch.

Do you not see how stupid your stat is when simply calculating it as a total of fights tells the real story?
Look at the threads about this chart. They are all about how Greg Jackson fighters are boring because of his low finishing rate. That's why including losses is subterfuge.

what if there is a stat that shows most FOTN's are decisions? Then exciting decisions are part of the formula too. You can make that a separate bullshit category if you want, Exciting decision/ Decision/ KO/ Sub - You could also do some tricky shit with the split decisions and draws and then bicker over whose dumb ass idea is better

Sure you could. These stats obviously don't tell the whole story. Garcia never seems to finish nowadays but lots of people still think he is exciting, for instance.

your really defending
Greg Game Plan Camp with made-up statistics?

First of all, it's "you're".
Second, the figures are correct as far as I know. Feel free to tell me if you find an error, and cite a source.

this is actually pretty gay

who the hell has time to come up with this shit?

The truth is, it shouldnt matter, because MMA is a sport and its about winning or losing - just like football or anything else. Sad that people give Jacksons such a hard time.

Uhm, no. I've been watching MMA for 10 years, and after an event I check which fights ended in finishes. Unless I like the fighters or there's some buzz it was a good scrap, I pass on the decisions. That's what the sport has to deal with. Blogs which posted that stat need to retract the article.
What a troll job though. Awesome.

Uhm, no. I've been watching MMA for 10 years, and after an event I check which fights ended in finishes. Unless I like the fighters or there's some buzz it was a good scrap, I pass on the decisions. That's what the sport has to deal with. Blogs which posted that stat need to retract the article.
What a troll job though. Awesome.
Sounds more like you've been reading MMA for ten years.

This means that Jackson is worse than I thought, since decisions>finishes to Sherdoggers.

Last edited:
logic or any math beyond highschool will tell you these statistics are useless

dont get me wrong its not completely useless but just for the most part. not nearly enough fights to get anywhere near accurate statistics. training different fighters is comparing apples to oranges. a guy like brain stann could ko 3 guys in 2011 then face chael and bisping in 2012. there are way too many factors that these stats dont reflect for the info to be valuable

at some point this data (or similar) might be useful though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back