• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Izzy vs DDP official for UFC 305 in Australia on August 17

Who Wins?

• Total voters
You could be right. I certainly didn't think he'd lose to Strickland yet here we are.
And it's funny if this question in the poll was asked last year july, after dricus ko'd whittaker it would not be 60-40 dricus. It'd be ~75% - ~25% in favour of izzy.
I'm not a fan of Izzy just sitting out and getting an immediate title shot. With that said, the contender picture at 185 is not clear. Both Whittaker and Strickland lost to DDP, and DDP has unresolved beef with Adesanya. When you couple that with UFC 305 desperately needing fights, and this was probably the most sensible choice the UFC could have made.

Also if Whittaker gets passed Aliskerov, I actually think Whittaker vs Strickland for #1 contender makes the most sense for both.

I am NEVER for a champion getting a title fight after losing their belt against someone other than who they lost too.

Cruz vs Cejudo
Ronda vs nunes
Izzy vs Dricus

seems like they all just wanted no parts of the person who took their title. If strickland didn't lose, would Izzy come back? Cruz probably had plenty of time to fight garbandt. just like ronda could have fought holly if she wanted.

It's a bad look, It's unfair and personally I really don't care for it. Izzy vs dricus should not be happening and i feel like the universe will correct that. I often find those who don't earn it and are handed it all, don't win. Colby couldn't convert with his undeserved title shot, same with Masvidals 2, Garbradnt had his undeserved rematch against TJ and lost.

Last edited:

Izzy also posted it on his page. Time to find out who the King of Africa is. Izzy getting a shot after suffering one of the most embarrassing losses off all-time is crazy though.

he better have figured out what the fuck happened last fight, or he will fade faster than Silva post leg-break!

Honestly feels like this fight is a little bit over due. Not sure it's carrying much hype, people seem to be kind of moving on from Izzy as a "star". That strickland loss, into the inactivity took a lot of wind out of his sails. Be interesting to see if he can find some of his old hunger with the fresh opponent that he dislikes personally, and win back some of that hype.

Huh, I thought Adesanya retired.

What’s the thing with china man? I must have missed that.

Adesanya competed in China during his KB career and sometimes walked out with the Chinese flag. People have turned it into something more than it is.

mark, I'm an elephant when it comes to deez tings

lol DDP has to go to his home turf now?

Prolly should've took the fight on UFC 300 bud

4a4.gif

He can always decline.. so the gif goes goes right back to you

<codychoke>

This is kinda lame. Izzy should have to have at least ONE win after the massive ass whooping from Strickland. Going from that embarrassment to a title shot feels pretty dirty.

And worse, now it leaves Strickland, the number one contender without a dance partner in the top 5 for many months.

Hoping DDP wins tbh. Izzy doesn't really deserve this TS and if he wins we're in store for a bunch of boring rematches. If Izzy loses here though I actually think he might retire..

This is kinda lame. Izzy should have to have at least ONE win after the massive ass whooping from Strickland. Going from that embarrassment to a title shot feels pretty dirty.

And worse, now it leaves Strickland, the number one contender without a dance partner in the top 5 for many months.
Desean doesn't wanna fight unless it's for title, so i doubt he cares. If he did want to fight he would have just fought Rob this weekend..

Huh, I thought Adesanya retired.

Adesanya competed in China during his KB career and sometimes walked out with the Chinese flag. People have turned it into something more than it is.
Ah ok that makes sense. Thanks.

Imagine if Adesanya loses this one in embarrassing fashion as well. That's a lot to take for one man in the fighting game.

What’s the thing with china man? I must have missed that.
Izzy declared himself as Chinese, I think when he was kickboxing over there.

But he got mad the DDP called himself African, when DDP was born and lives there.

It's irrelevant but amusing.

I guess people think Izzy lost a step based on the polling. Because otherwise it's a horrible match up for DDP imo. He will befuddle DDPs awkward standup and keep the right amount of distance to avoid the TD or just defend the TD

Finally, the real King of Africa will take his crown from the Stylepretender
GQQ-VhYWoAA5EpB

I picked DDP against Bobby Knuckles and will pick him against Izzy as well. Terrible stylistic matchup for Izzy.

Picking my boy DDP

But if Izzy comes into the fight with a boob I might be a little worried.

So if Izzy beats DDP, then he fights Strickland again, and if he beats Izzy then it's Strickland DDP again?

Seems like the division is just going to be rematches for the next 2 years.

It would suck to be a contender right now. I guess Khamzat getting hurt made this easy

Well deserved title shot for Izzy. His last win had him on track for this

Absolutely this.

Good to see fighters having to earn title shots instead of just sitting out for a while and getting them coming off a loss.

UFC bless.

Back