Media Izzy squashes Khamzat rumors

Yeah I'm also trying to understand when during his UFC tenure, did Kelvin ever display good wrestling against someone worth a damn? I seriously can't recall a single time.

He got owned by the ghost of Chris Weidman, whose wrestling and grappling and fighting in general has regressed big time.

Just because you were good at wrestling when there's no punching, kicking, elbowing or submissions involved, doesn't mean you're a good wrestler when those things are added to the equation. The only way to make that claim, is to prove it during the fights.
A lot of former wrestlers in MMA basically end up using it mostly for takedown defence and Kev is I think a classic case of that.

Khamzat the guy who fought like a bitch against a 12 day notice fighter from 1 division down??? LOL Izzy would toy with him on the feet after Khamzat gasses trying to sniff Izzy's crotch

So you never answered my question. Who should Izzy fight? Another rematch? Cannonier is the only one worth having him fight if that's the case and their first fight was extremely boring.

The question of who Izzy should fight should not be answered by gifting Khamzat an undeserved fight with him, IMHO.

We have Strickland vs. Dricus happening in three weeks. Probably worth seeing how that fight plays out before we conclude there is no one else Izzy should fight other than Khamzat.

I don't think Cannonier, Allen, or Vettori have fights scheduled...so why not have Khamzat fight one of them before parachuting him into a fight with the #1 contender in the division?

The question of who Izzy should fight should not be answered by gifting Khamzat an undeserved fight with him, IMHO.

We have Strickland vs. Dricus happening in three weeks. Probably worth seeing how that fight plays out before we conclude there is no one else Izzy should fight other than Khamzat.

I don't think Cannonier, Allen, or Vettori have fights scheduled...so why not have Khamzat fight one of them before parachuting him into a fight with the #1 contender in the division?
So essentially, no one is worthy of fighting Izzy. Got it.

Waiting for the winner or loser of that fight is silly. He doesn't deserve a rematch with Strickland right now or a titleshot if Dricus wins. It would be silly to immediately rematch Strickland if he wins or loses. That fight would solely hinge on Dricus losing and not getting a medical suspension otherwise Izzy isn't fighting til like the summer of 2024...

So essentially, no one is worthy of fighting Izzy. Got it.

Waiting for the winner or loser of that fight is silly. He doesn't deserve a rematch with Strickland right now or a titleshot if Dricus wins. It would be silly to immediately rematch Strickland if he wins or loses. That fight would solely hinge on Dricus losing and not getting a medical suspension otherwise Izzy isn't fighting til like the summer of 2024...

That's illogical. Just because I maintain that Khamzat is not worthy of fighting Izzy, it does not follow that no one is worthy of fighting Izzy...and I don't see why it is silly to wait three weeks to see what happens in the title fight, if Izzy wants the winner (or loser), regardless of who it is.

Yes, it's challenging to otherwise find a unique opponent for Izzy, given his wins over many other top guys...but Brendan Allen would be one and he is much more deserving than Khamzat, IMHO. He's on a five-fight win streak in the division, with four stoppages (and is quite rightfully ranked above Khamzat, for whatever that is worth). I actually would not mind seeing him and Khamzat fight, tbh...let the winner then jump into the title contention picture.

I'm sure that is not a sexy option for the UFC or fans...but in addition to making more sense from a merit standpoint, it might be worthwhile for Izzy to have a lower profile fight to get back on track. Might be refreshing to have a 'no shit talk' matchup too.

That's illogical. Just because I maintain that Khamzat is not worthy of fighting Izzy, it does not follow that no one is worthy of fighting Izzy...and I don't see why it is silly to wait three weeks to see what happens in the title fight, if Izzy wants the winner (or loser), regardless of who it is.

Yes, it's challenging to otherwise find a unique opponent for Izzy, given his wins over many other top guys...but Brendan Allen would be one and he is much more deserving than Khamzat, IMHO. He's on a five-fight win streak in the division, with four stoppages (and is quite rightfully ranked above Khamzat, for whatever that is worth). I actually would not mind seeing him and Khamzat fight, tbh...let the winner then jump into the title contention picture.

I'm sure that is not a sexy option for the UFC or fans...but in addition to making more sense from a merit standpoint, it might be worthwhile for Izzy to have a lower profile fight to get back on track. Might be refreshing to have a 'no shit talk' matchup too.
I mean ok sure but Usman is probably a better win than any win on Brendan Allen's resume.

I'd like to see Usman vs Paul Craig. I'd pick Usman for sure. I'd like to see Khamzat against Andre Muniz or Bruno Silva. I would pick Khamzat over either. I guess those wins would make him worthy of Izzy, even though those guys aren't in the top10.

I am fine with Khamzat fighting Brendan Allen but that leaves either an unwarranted rematch with Strickland or an unwarranted titleshot if Dricus wins. Only a Dricus loss to make Izzy is a fight that would make sense

Last edited:
This means that Izzy vs Pereira 3 is very likely to happen at UFC 300.

If Izzy next fight is at 185 this is the only one that really makes any sort of sense…unless DDP loses then they could do that

colonel Bumdesanders is smart enough not to get wrestlefuckedinished inside one round

Attachments

• IMG-20180721-WA000.jpg
    IMG-20180721-WA000.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1
I can't recall a single instance where Woodley ever displayed good offensive wrestling during his UFC run.

His defensive wrestling was also highly overrated.
This fucking new Sherdog layout sucks. I didn't know you had replied.

But again, we may not have seen it but that doesn't mean he isn't a great wrestler. He fell in love with the striking like a lot of wrestlers do. Koscheck, Usman, Sherk, Urijah all come to mind.

Back