Izzy = Ronda

well, this makes sense
except Izzy says hes Chinese

Izzy was a big favourite but nobody thought he was invincible, and was bested by decision by an underdog who figured him out, as he had been a few times before.

Ronda was a “once ever” fighter who was gonna retire undefeated and her lack of boxing was a huge liability that no previous opponent had been able to explore or expose (Miesha had equally atrocious striking and everyone else was finished in a few seconds)

Izzy definitely seems like he's mentally not all there anymore, the Strickland beating had to have messed with his head real bad, not to mention he got exposed (his personal life) badly before the actual fight.

I see what you're saying, but I think the situations are not exactly the same.

Izzy lost and came back to avenge his loss. Ronda lost and then disappeared. She was a big fish in a small pond until the pond got stocked.

Not even close. Ronda took 2 beatings, 2 thrashings, and never came back. Izzy lost, but came back stronger and regained the title.

Besides what has already been mentioned above...

There is no greater oddity in my life than all of these Sherdog comparisons that aren't in any way comparable.

No Izzy is Izzy and Ronda is Ronda and never Mark Twain shall meet

BS comparison. Ronda was so mentally weak, she couldn't even do the interview after her first loss.

Adesanya handled his loss fine and avenged his loss by KO. It takes a lot of mental fortitude to come back from a KO loss and come back and win with confidence to the same fighter.

Golden Child?? Izzy: 6 UFC wins before title fight. Ronda: Awarded Instant UFC BW champion upon entering org.

Adesanya came back for a rematch after being stopped by Pereira. Many loud mouths were saying he had 0% chance and a death wish to rematch Pereira. Adesanya ended up having perhaps his most glorious moment in his UFC career to date. Izzy has fought 10x since becoming champ. He's earned a break if he needs one.

Last edited:
Their career is quite similar

Comes in as the golden child from a diff base. Becomes champ relatively quickly and quickly enters premature goat talks. (Ronda > Cyborg, Izzy >Andy)

Have about the same amount of title defenses and is seen as one of UFCs biggest stars

Both have their national TV meltdown moment then their reign ends shortly after both to a historical level underdog.

Both take hiatus for mental health.

If Izzy comes back and gets smacked around (prob by 205 Poatan) like Ronda did against Amanda id have to think he retires afterwards.
Well said. Except I’d like to see Wakandas godking DDP end Issy

Last edited:
Rousey,angel of all angels,the blonde spirit of all desire,unfortunatley was under way more pressure than Izzy ever was,and could not overcome the loss of her momentum.
1702149267570.png

yessir.

Reactions: HHJ
Both went from nigh-on invincible to a human punching bag, you love to see it.

Back