Izzy = Ronda

See what?

If Izzy were like Ronda, he would've quit combat sports altogether after he got KO'd by Pereira in kickboxing.

yes, there are subtitles to this that you cannot comprehend. That's ok.

They are nothing a like. You seem to forget that Izzy already lost multiple times and has come back and reclaimed his title he also already moved up and lost, only to come back and defend the mw title multiple times consecutively.

I just don’t see it. Most long time champs lose to a massive underdog.

Izzy lost and then came back and won.

Ronda lost and never recovered and left the sport and then tried to come back years later and didn't even last a full minute before losing violently

What exactly is similar there?

TS, please stop being stupid. For your own sake.
People just like to trash Izzy even if it means grasping at straws in the most desperate fashion

I dont think Izzy is coming back, like ever

He has nothing left to accomplish and he’s soon to be 36

Their career is quite similar

Comes in as the golden child from a diff base. Becomes champ relatively quickly and quickly enters premature goat talks. (Ronda > Cyborg, Izzy >Andy)

Have about the same amount of title defenses and is seen as one of UFCs biggest stars

Both have their national TV meltdown moment then their reign ends shortly after both to a historical level underdog.

Both take hiatus for mental health.

If Izzy comes back and gets smacked around (prob by 205 Poatan) like Ronda did against Amanda id have to think he retires afterwards.

Interesting comparison. But I think rousey has WAY MORE testosterone.

Not even close, but to be fair I didn't think any similarities could be drawn between the two so I'll give you that.

Obviously it isn’t 100% exactly identical, Izzy lost a few, the terms of their reigns were different, and Ronda was 5x the star Izzy ever was.

I’m also not arguing who’s had a better career or who fought the better competition or any of that.

But there def is a lot of similarities that I already noted, I don’t think there’s any denying that.

Not even close. Ronda was hyped since childhood by her mom that she was the best and when she finally lost, it was devastating for her and she couldn't recover. Izzy on the other hand knows that losing is part of the game and has challenged himself multiple times. He gave the guy that beat him twice in kickboxing an instant title shot, moved up in weight and took on all challengers.

Just because he's taking a break doesn't make him Ronda. He's a spiritual guy and it sounds like he just wants to rediscover himself and see if he has passion for the sport anymore. Ronda is the classic case of thinking you're better than everyone else and then taking your ball and going home when someone beats you. I don't blame Ronda though, it's almost like religion and she was indoctrinated growing up by her psycho mother.

Pretty sure TS is talking about current Izzy.

Izzy lost and quit the sport, just like Ronda. He refuses to give interviews about it, and generally acts surly and gotten to. It's not a difficult comparison.
Current Izzy? So we just move goalposts now?

Also what is wrong with taking a break after losing? Is the man not entitled to time off after being one of the most active champions we've had? Ingrates.

He would honestly be stupid not to. He's run himself ragged.

Rousey,angel of all angels,the blonde spirit of all desire,unfortunatley was under way more pressure than Izzy ever was,and could not overcome the loss of her momentum.

Izzy has not retired,and has overcome losses before in his career.

These are completley seperate situations.

There are similarities, but the hype for Ronda was far more out of control.

And I suspect that the end of her MMA career is much more final than it will be for Izzy.

If Izzy=Ronda, does it mean Strickland=Holly Holm?
strickland.png

Eh. I tend to rib Izzy and his fanboys a bit. But this seems off. Izzy came back and won his belt back against his boogey man, after a long reign against real competition. The guys nearly 35, and had over 100 professional combat sports fights. I really don't think it's that crazy he's starting to run out of drive and devotion to staying at his peak. Especially after 2-3 tough fights in a row. Rousey crumpled at the very first major adversity, after a fairly short career.

Izzy v Gatelum debunks the OPs notion. Izzy can embraced the fire. Rhoda could not cope mentally or physically as soon as she was the nail.

Also, strength of opponent and thier skill lvls (Rhonda fought in a nascent division) make the comparison poor. A better analogue for Rhoda is someone like Miguel Torres. Looked totally dominant against a thin, new division but got badly exposed as better talent flooded in and had a mental breakdown.

Their career is quite similar

Comes in as the golden child from a diff base. Becomes champ relatively quickly and quickly enters premature goat talks. (Ronda > Cyborg, Izzy >Andy)

Have about the same amount of title defenses and is seen as one of UFCs biggest stars

Both have their national TV meltdown moment then their reign ends shortly after both to a historical level underdog.

Both take hiatus for mental health.

If Izzy comes back and gets smacked around (prob by 205 Poatan) like Ronda did against Amanda id have to think he retires afterwards.

You sure that's what the hiatus is about?

1702115810886.png

I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two as ronda was a once in human history kind of unique person where Izzy is a generic flash in the pan with no real personality, just a mash up of others who came before him.

Isn't there a rumour that Dana 'took Ronda's back' so to speak?

You saying Dana smashed Izzy or no?

Your favorite fighters better hope he is

Back