Izzy = Ronda

Except Izzy beat up a lot of top quality opponents. Ronda beat up soccer moms.

Some truth in this.
Pretty sure TS is talking about current Izzy.

Izzy lost and quit the sport, just like Ronda. He refuses to give interviews about it, and generally acts surly and gotten to. It's not a difficult comparison.
yeah, people are hating but I see it too

Pretty sure TS is talking about current Izzy.

Izzy lost and quit the sport, just like Ronda. He refuses to give interviews about it, and generally acts surly and gotten to. It's not a difficult comparison.

This is nonsense. Izzy did the post fight press conference. He was talking about the fight on his YouTube channel a week later. He's done interviews with MMA media in the months since.

Ronda completely refused to address the fight. Forget surly, you couldn't even get her in an interview to even have an idea of her emotional state. To this day she won't talk about those fights. They are nothing alike.

eh, nothing compares to ronda's fall from grace though. epically steep and tragic. whereas izzy prolly ain't done yet.

This is nonsense. Izzy did the post fight press conference. He was talking about the fight on his YouTube channel a week later. He's done interviews with MMA media in the months since.

Ronda completely refused to address the fight. Forget surly, you couldn't even get her in an interview to even have an idea of her emotional state. To this day she won't talk about those fights. They are nothing alike.

{<huh}

He had his coach do the post fight presser, lol.

Izzy lost and then came back and won.

Ronda lost and never recovered and left the sport and then tried to come back years later and didn't even last a full minute before losing violently

Let's be serious - same thing coulda happened to Izzy if he had to face Nunes.​

Last edited:
Adesanya bounced back from losing his title and had lost before that without running away. Ronda ran away after her first loss and then left again after a failed and uncompetitive return.
If you remember though. Ronda was going to be taking serious time off after the Holly fight, anyway. Because she was supposed to be starring in the Roadhouse reboot.

Just like many people knew GSP was stepping away after the Hendricks fight before it ever happened. He didn’t “retire” because some people thought he lost.

This is how bullshit becomes fact on SD. Let’s stick to the facts. I have no love for Ronda. The way she acted on TUF with Miesha totally turned me off. Then Ronda refused to shake her hand after beating her again in the rematch.

She was a very arrogant asshole. And though she was a one trick pony. She was REALLY fucking good at that trick. And there is NO comparison in their ability to draw. Or their mainstream fame. Ronda was doing, and supposed to be doing Hollywood feature films. You couldn’t watch tv for an hour without seeing a Ronda commercial. Izzy is not even close to that level of fame.

I do remember the whole situation before and after UFC 193. So let’s not make shit up, alright.

If you remember though. Ronda was going to be taking serious time off after the Holly fight, anyway. Because she was supposed to be starring in the Roadhouse reboot.

Just like many people knew GSP was stepping away after the Hendricks fight before it ever happened. He didn’t “retire” because some people thought he lost.

This is how bullshit becomes fact on SD. Let’s stick to the facts. I have no love for Ronda. The way she acted on TUF with Miesha totally turned me off. Then Ronda refused to shake her hand after beating her again in the rematch.

She was a very arrogant asshole. And though she was a one trick pony. She was REALLY fucking good at that trick. And there is NO comparison in their ability to draw. Or their mainstream fame. Ronda was doing, and supposed to be doing Hollywood feature films. You couldn’t watch tv for an hour without seeing a Ronda commercial. Izzy is not even close to that level of fame.

I do remember the whole situation before and after UFC 193. So let’s not make shit up, alright.
Ah. I might not have known about the movie deal being before the fight or that being the reason she was going to take a break regardless.

Anybody else have the problem that if they click to look at the posters who have reacted to a post, you also get transported to the bottom of the page for some reason?

Anyeay, there are some very broad similarities, but I don't see that as a reason to say they are generally the same.

TS is grasping at straws. He lost to Jan and defended the belt 3 more times. He lost to Pereira and came back pretty quickly to knockout his "bogeyman". If anything the Strickland loss was a sign to Adesanya that he was burnt the fuck out. His strength of schedule (5 round, PPV main events.. not some BS Apex fight night cards lmao) was insane for a champion. Combine that with his KB years and I'm not surprised he wants to check out of the sport. As soon as Ronda lost you knew that the end was near. I get it's cool to hate Adesanya but this is a shit take.

Anybody else have the problem that if they click to look at the posters who have reacted to a post, you also get transported to the bottom of the page for some reason?

Anyeay, there are some very broad similarities, but I don't see that as a reason to say they are generally the same.
I’m on mobile and that doesn’t happen to me when I check the people that have reacted.

Holy crap I never put this comparison together but it's actually pretty accurate.

Atleast Ronda doesn't jerk her dog off.

Edit: Sherdog surprisingly was pretty big on Holly to beat Ronda, or atleast you saw a lot of that sentiment around. Nobody here was convinced Sean was gonna beat Izzy, there was a few who figured he'd give a tougher fight than everyone thinks but that's about it.
Not only did I pick Holly to beat Ronda, but I said it would be by head kick. Honestly, I thought that fight was pretty predictable, although I thought Ronda would make it more competitive than it was. However, I absolutely thought Izzy would style on Strickland; that fight still has me baffled.

To the point of this thread, I don't think the comparison between Izzy and Ronda is a good one. Ronda made her name off beating VERY weak competition...so much so that she bought into her own hype and thought she was invincible. When she ran into an actual high-level athlete, she got obliterated. And when she lost, she had a meltdown and hid behind a purple pillow. Izzy, on the other hand, made his name by beating high-level fighters. And when he lost, he didn't hide from it; instead, he immediately came back and flatlined Alex.

I'm not an Izzy fan, but the man put in real work, and a break seems warranted.

Both have their national TV meltdown moment then their reign ends shortly after both to a historical level underdog.

Both take hiatus for mental health.

Both are attracted to creatures with small penises.

What-Did-Israel-Adesanya-Do-to-His-Dog-Israel-Adesanyas-Dog-Video-Explained-870x400.jpg

e42e9ce8257cd428eac82aa08c1d4511.jpg

20120414082158_IMG_9206.JPG

Nah...Izzy moved up to LHW and fought Jan. Ronda didn't move up to WFW to fight Cyborg. Izzy won an immediate rematch against Pereira, Ronda left the sport after losing to Holm...

Izzy >>>>> Ronda.

This thread sucks. They're both unlikeable, that's about it.

The way she acted on TUF with Miesha totally turned me off. Then Ronda refused to shake her hand after beating her again in the rematch.
Not just you TotD. Her being a WWE heel is cool, her times being a bitch & bully sucked.
I get it's cool to hate Adesanya but this is a shit take.
IMHO, same. No slam on Rhonda's rep, she kicked ass for having just a judo background.

How they handled adversity seems to be quite different.

Didnt't Ronda disappear after Holly KO'd her? Izzy was on MMA Hour only 2 days following his loss to Alex.

Ronda took time off (13 months), no talk of seeking an immediate rematch..Izzy was back in under six months for an immediate rematch.

Ronda skipped all media in the lead up to the Nunes fight...Izzy promoted his rematch with Alex.

Ronda gets wrecked inside of a minute...Izzy brutally avenges loss with a flatline KO (I know the results are beside the point...just for timeline sake)

Ronda again skips media following loss, only sends a statement to ESPN, and never returns to the sport (it's been almost 6 years...presumably she is done)...while Izzy again quickly returns five months later, and after his loss at least makes a very brief appearance at the presser, then takes two weeks for himself before posting a more substantial vid to his youtube channel, and (as far as we know) has not quit the sport.

I do agree that Izzy might be done if he comes back and loses again...but I think he has handled himself rather differently (and better) than Ronda did following their respective losses.

Back