Izzy, Jan, or Stipe? Who's the tougher fight for Jon Jones?

Rank these fighters based on difficulty for Jon Jones? Who's the easiest/toughest?
Pretty easy question. Stipe is easily the toughest matchup - too big and strong and a great wrestler. Plus Jones having to move up in weight. Izzy next to due long limbs and very technical striker. Jan last because he's just not as good other than having his one punch KO power.

The only one who would give Jones trouble on that list is Stipe because of his size/striking/chin and how skilled and crafty he is in general.

Izzy has no grappling/wrestling and he wouldn't even have the reach advantage to establish his usual gameplan. A grappling/wrestling clinic is unavoidable. That fight ends with some brutal ground n' pound or Izzy taking a nap after getting choked.

Jan is fun to watch, has a lot of power, but he's not on Jones' level.

People tend to forget how good and well rounded Pico is.

Jon is no longer a finisher. The last 7 years Jon has only finished Gus. Gus is 3-6 the last 7 years and has been finished in 4 of those 6 losses making it not that special to finish Gus nowadays.

That being said I think Jon beats Jan and Israel by UD but loses to Stipe by UD.

Jones hasn't looked good since the Gus rematch, so the version of late gets TKO'd vs Stipe, who's the hardest of those. Izzy second, he's got a good chance to outpoint him. While the JJ of late probably still wins a UD vs Jan.

I know he's not one of the three you mentioned, and to be honest its not a fight I'm really interested in seeing, but I think Curtis Blaydes could cause problems for Jon Jones. I could easily be wrong, but curious what others would think of a fight between the two.

Stipe is the most difficult because he's a HW with HW power and has very good skills for a man his size. And Jon Jones he's never moved up weight ever before. So who knows how he'll adapt.

Izzy is the second most difficult because he's obviously is a beast standing with his speed and precision, so you got to be careful.

Jan is the least difficult, he may have power but I think he's slow and predictable.

Jones is slowly sliding past his prime. I give any of the three a chance. In Jones prime he probably defeats any of the tree with ease.

You have to go with Stipe, he is the baddest man on the planet right now, he beats Jones IMO. I'll go with Izzy next, the guy is undefeated and has the confidence of an undefeated fighter, I think he is the next Gen for sure. I honestly don't know Jan much, haven't really been following him but using MMA math Jones would be in trouble with him as well.

Izzy. Jan and Stipe are basically the same person.

1. Stipe is by far his toughest fight. I think Stipe likely KOs Jones.
2. Jan. I'd heavily favor Jones, but Jan is technical on the feet and has the power to cause Jones problems.
3. Izzy. I think Jones is just too big and his grappling is too good for Izzy. Izzy is obviously the better striker, but I don't think he'd be able to keep Jones off of him. Jones by easy gnp or submission within 2 rounds.

3. Izzy - Jones is better everywhere. He is bigger, longer reach and actually uses grappling which would be very effective. Jones wins by decision.

2. Stipe - He is one of the greatest HW of all time but will be giving up a lot of reach and length. I see this being a striking war and favour the master point fighter in Jones. Hate him or love him, he knows how to win rounds.

1. Jan - unpopular opinion but I stand by it. He has been improving every fight whereas Stipe has been looking worse imo. He is motivated and hits hard af.

However, I think Jones beats them all. There are levels to this!

upload_2020-9-30_0-29-10.gif

what makes people think Jon can beat Jan so easily, He lost to Reyes (who Jan destroyed)

Casulls will be casulls real one is:
1-Stipe, more experience in HW
2-Jan, Smashed Jones recent opponents
3-Izzy, He wins on feet, but people seem to forget that one of Jones biggest strenghts is his wrestling and ground and pound, literally the weakness of gynosanya. Why do you think Izzy is training BJJ so hard right now? he knows it's his weakness

Stipe : same size than Bones ( 193 cm ), better boxing by far ( Jones weakness ), knockout power of True Heavyweight ( Jones had never took Heavyweight punch ), very good mental ( he can survived to eye poke, oblique kick, domination etc...
Stipe by KO

Back