Izzy and Usman are proud of Nigeria

Status
Not open for further replies.
So stop saying they are not nigerians. They are proud of it, it is their choice.

I guarantee they're New Zealand and US citizens though and travel on a New Zealand and US passport.
If they were actually Nigerian they'd have had a visa problem cancellation by now.

Paul Felder thinks he's Irish and he has much less claim there than Adesanya or Usman but if Feldar had been Irish and based in Ireland he could have made it in MMA. If Usman and Adesanya were Nigerians who trained in Nigeria, you'd never have heard of them. They were made in the US and in New Zealand.

So what? Christopher Hitchens loved the USA so much he became a citizen. Atheists, at least at the time, was the most hated group in the US. Hitchens embraced a country that, if judged by the majority, hated him.

What time was that?

Why is it Italian Americans or European Americans in general are allowed to be proud?

A lot of us aren't.

My families country, Germany, gets targeted for two world wars and a massive genocide.

Best bet is to live life with grace and represent Sherdog in honor.

There's actually something more annoying that both Adesanya & Usman do culturally, but representing the Nigerian flag isn't an issue.

Their parents immigrated to different countries for opportunity, that doesn't mean they are shamed of their homeland.

Yes, I know an Irish gal who i constantly tell to go back to Ireland. She calls me a cunt and it sounds sexy as fuck with that accent of hers :D
I'm sure that's working like a charm player. Real smooth. Lol
Notice how the guy I quoted litterally avoided the question.
That's because hes to scared to admit the truth behind why he gives those groups a pass for doing the same exact thing.

You can't be proud of a country you refuse to live in. They're ashamed to live in Nigeria, so why are they fronting? They're fooling no one. Not even you.

Im not trying to be funny, but you should travel and talk to people.

Because people migrate, from any region, doesn't mean they absolve themselves of all ties from the location they migrated from.

This is a really basic aspect of human migration.

Fun fact : Did you know that current American don't "genetically belong" to that country ?

Fun fact: the current Americans created this nation. They turned this land into a country, named it and developed it.
You use the name "America" because of "current Americans."
Just a fun fact for you to learn.

Fun fact: the current Americans created this nation. They turned this land into a country, named it and developed it.
You use the name "America" because of "current Americans."
Just a fun fact for you to learn.

Yeah but it doesn't change the fact that they doesn't "genetically belong" to that country and that those who were there before them got almost exterminated.
If you are proud of that good for you though.

And once again you seem less bothered when a croatian, italian, irish or mexican guy show his pride for his roots. Can you explain why ?

The Nebraskan Nightmare is just annoying as fuck. If he was even a tiny bit likable, then people wouldn't be so eager to criticize him. Dude was born in Nigeria, so he can be whatever he wants to be really. I just don't have to give a shit about it. I'd say Marty gets 10x more flak for the Nigeria stuff than Izzy, and that is purely because Izzy is a pretty genuine person

Fun fact: Owls are actually endangered in Nigeria

And mike Perry ain’t platinum he’s black!

This guy is seriously comparing going to school, which literally kicks you out after a pre-specified number of years by law, to living in a country

I'm proud of the area I grew up in but moved away to better opportunities and don't want to move back. Doesn't mean my hometown sucks or I'm a hypocrite cause I moved away but still rep my hometown, just means I found better opportunities.

Problem?

Pretty sure the PC term is African American.

You mean to say that American Evangelicals spread hatred in Nigeria, as well as Uganda, Zimbabwe, Malawi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Of course, the American brand of Christianity is special brand of Christianity. American Evangelicalism is to Christianity what Wahhabism is to Islam. I.e., Christofascism and Islamofascism.
This tbh. Without American evangelizing, Nigeria would be a beacon of tolerance and progress. Wouldn't be able to tell it apart from Sweden. Their women would be liberated, not forced to undergo genital mutilation at ~50% rate, and actually would be allowed to be educated.
The white man just can't help himself but impose his shitty worldview on much better cultures.

If you draped yourself in a flag and are always showing your undying love for the great country that you’re representing why not live their?

If you show so much pride in it and in your opinion it’s so great and something to be proud of why wouldn’t you live in that great land?

why wouldn’t you live in the land you live and are so proud of and wear that flag?

is it not as good as the country they chose to live in?
Irish and Italians sho pride in their countries all the time yet no one tells them to go back to their country........I wonder why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back