It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 10

Lol @ Charlie/Dee. I always like when they team up.

That's one reason the show's so boss IMO - so many combinations and duos within the group that always produce gold

Dennis + Dee is the best combo in the show IMO. It's hilarious when Dennis is putting her down but when they're getting along it's priceless

Ten has been one of the better seasons. Bringing in DiVito was a genius move after the first season to give the show some credibility as fans warmed up to unknown actors. It might not have surived in the beginning without doing that even though for as good as he is, I think everyone else is funnier.

They copied the Seinfeld mold but darker and the show almost always falls between good and hilarious. There have been maybe half a dozen so-so to bad episodes in ten years. And 6 might even be on the high side as i would have to look back through the titles. I love this show.

Last edited:
I always enjoy this show, but this wasn't a real funny episode..., but that's just my opinion.

I did love Charlie's answers though.

Really? I'm on the other side. I had the most consistent laughs with this episode over the rest of the season (not to say anything had about this season. It's been amazing so far)

I love when they leave their usual settings.

Looks like season ends today?

Can finally get round to binge watching dis shit

Mac choking himself out was one of the best moments in a season full of classic moments. He really killed it last episode. Sad this season's already over.

Weak season imo.. The Gang Beats Boggs episode 1 was my favorite

The gang are losing their touch.. They've got 2 more seasons to pick it up a notch though

Weak season imo.. The Gang Beats Boggs episode 1 was my favorite

The gang are losing their touch.. They've got 2 more seasons to pick it up a notch though

what do you think they are doing worse than other seasons? Not trying to bash you, senses of humor vary from person to person, i just want to know what youre seeing? I thought this season is par for thr course for the show.

what do you think they are doing worse than other seasons? Not trying to bash you, senses of humor vary from person to person, i just want to know what youre seeing? I thought this season is par for thr course for the show.

It seemed more scripted and forced. Charlie Day has said previous seasons are 75% scripted 25% improvised.. But this season just seemed like 100% scripted. It was still a good season.. I just didn't get too many laughs like I did out of the previous seasons

The other day I wanted to watch some of my favorite episodes but just ended up watching a hole season. They dont really have a bad episode.

fantastic season. only one or two sub-par episodes

It was a good season.

by the way: are there any any reason why it's called it's always sunny...? is that a common misconception or a saying over there?

I thought this season was just okay. I'd rank it as one of the lowest seasons

It was a good but not great season. They set the bar so fucking high with previous seasons that it is difficult to reach.

by the way: are there any any reason why it's called it's always sunny...? is that a common misconception or a saying over there?

Some random post I found:

The pilot episode was called "It's Always Sunny on TV" about 3 struggling film actors in LA. When FX got involved they moved the setting to Philadelphia, Rob McElhenney's hometown. During the development of the series, the writers were offered $500 to come up with a title for the series that the creators liked better than 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia,' but couldn't come up with one, so the name stuck.

http://www.quora.com/How-did-the-show-Its-Always-Sunny-in-Philadelphia-get-its-name

I'd guess 'It's Always Sunny on TV' is a reference to that song 'The sun always shines on TV', but they didn't fuck wit A-Ha's legal team

Favourite episodes of the season were the Wade Boggs' drinking record, and the one where Dennis tries to sell his LandRover. That whole episode was good, Frank trying to find a new crew, Charlie and Dee trying slam poetry, and when Dennis finally unleashes his rage when that guy tells him he's trying to find a good slow, starter car for his daughter. He responds, this is a finisher car, a transporter of gods!

Just watched the last episode of the season. Thought it was good.

Overall I thought the season felt a bit different. Can't really put my finger on it... think it had something to do with a lot of episodes not taking place in the bar too often. Someone mentioned this season seemed more scripted than improvised, I think I might share a similar opinion, but I think a lot of it has to do with less time spent in the bar. Maybe it lacked some banter between all of them or something... idk.

Off the top of my head I thought the Family Fight, health inspection and the one where Dee/Charlie did the slam poetry were the best episodes.

So overall it was a good season. I don't think it was the best but there were some great episodes.

There's never snow or rain in the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back