It was a diuretic?!? (Regarding Romero).

How? It's not on the ingredients list? Is he somehow supposed to test it?

This. how the fuck are you supposed to know if it is not on the label
USADA gives you a list of tier 1 brand/compounds. Also it strongly recommends getting brands that have the NSF/USP certification on the package (you would think a pro athlete of 20 years would be able to figure this out ?).

If he ignores the list/certifications and decides to buy from some fly by the night company then that's on him (he shares some of the blame)

Unless perhaps your a former olympian who has trained his whole life rather than some internet keyboard warrior who took 2 classes in bjj...
No, just a PT who trained professional athletes, amongst them many bodybuilders and guys who took steroids so ive seen the difference

USADA gives you a list of tier 1 brand/compounds. Also it strongly recommends getting brands that have the NSF/USP certification on the package (you would think a pro athlete of 20 years would be able to figure this out ?).

If he ignores the list/certifications and decides to buy from some fly by the night company then that's on him (he shares some of the blame)
ahh well then that makes a lot more sense, I didnt know that, thanks for filling me in

This isn't a case of ignorance. If USADA did independently confirm contamination, then Yoel is a victim of fraud and can't be punished.

I agree.

I did not know they provided a list and certifications. Interesting info. Certainly places some of the blame on him, at least.

Please God. Enough if the boring white bread MMA fighters that rule this division. Now that Anderson is basically retiring this division needs Romero even more. I am a white guy but sick of Chris's reign being exchanged for a virtually identical fighter except he's single and has a big cock! Who do we want next as champion Bisping? Tim K? Diversity please...
Isn't there a safe space somewhere that you should be hiding in? Take your self loathing libtard sjw bullshit somewhere else. Mma is already very "diverse" dumbass

ahh well then that makes a lot more sense, I didnt know that, thanks for filling me in
I did not know they provided a list and certifications. Interesting info. Certainly places some of the blame on him, at least.
Yeah the NSF meets full USADA requirements

Not only does USADA push the certification but there's even a free NSF phone app that tells you what products to buy and where to buy them (it's essentially a free encyclopedia to get USADA approved supplements ). App got popular before the 2012 olympics (athletes where encouraged to use the app)

Most of organic/high quality stores (local pharmacy's, sprouts, whole foods) only sell NSF/USP supplements

Do they (USADA) have a tiered system (punishment wise) when it comes to different categories?

I thought a fail was a fail.

http://ufc.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/UFC-anti-doping-policy-EN.pdf

There's "specified substances" and "non-specified substances"

Any steroid, hormonal agent, etc, is a non-specified substance. I think diuretics are specified, but I'm not sure. Penalty for non-specified substances is 2 years, 1 for specified substances.

4.2.2 Specified Substances For purposes of the application of Article 10, all Prohibited Substances shall be Specified Substances except substances in the classes of anabolic agents and hormones, and those stimulants and hormone antagonists and modulators so identified on the Prohibited List and any new class of Prohibited Substances added to the Prohibited List which WADA’s Executive Committee may designate not to be Specified Substances. The category of Specified Substances shall not include Prohibited Methods

10.2 INELIGIBILITY FOR PRESENCE, USE OR ATTEMPTED USE, OR POSSESSION OF A PROHIBITED SUBSTANCE OR PROHIBITED METHOD

The period of Ineligibility for a violation of Articles 2.1, 2.2 or 2.6 shall be as follows, subject to potential reduction or suspension pursuant to Articles 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6 or potential increase in the period of Ineligibility under Article 10.2.3: Anti-Doping policy UFC 11

10.2.1 The period of Ineligibility shall be two years where the Anti-Doping Policy Violation involves a nonSpecified Substance or Prohibited Method.
10.2.2 The period of Ineligibility shall be one year where the Anti-Doping Policy Violation involves a Specified Substance.
10.2.3 The period of Ineligibility may be increased up to an additional two years where Aggravating Circumstances are present

Ignore they guys posting NAC's updated penalties for PEDs, Romero was caught and will be sanctioned by USADA and the UFC, not the state of Nevada.

A diuretic is a water pill, they make you piss. A lot. As in when I was in the hospital with heart failure, 6 litres a day on 80mg of furosemide a day. Alves got busted for spironolactone, another diuretic, and one which also has hormonal effects (my doctor warned me about sensitive nipples... someone check on Thiago) So the excuse MMA fighters use when they're caught with them is they were trying to help with the weight cut. If that was all they were good for they'd likely not even be on the prohibited list. But as they significantly dilute your urine, they also mask PED markers, making other PEDs hard to detect.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/1...fetime-bans-fines-steroids-marijuana-mma-news

There is a difference (punishment) for different categories.

CFEKCjbVEAAflRh.jpg

This is NAC's penalties, and has nothing to do with Romero.

So that explains the brown stain on his trousers during that one fight

Not necessarily, Diuretics in MMA have generally been used to facilitate weight cutting.

It's prohibited because it's dangerous for your body as in even your heart can suffer when your body is dropping massive amounts of water weight at a rapid level
They're prohibited because they're masking agents. Heavy use can cause kidney and liver problems though, along with severe dehydration.

as it should be

Yoel is a pro athlete of 20 years, he should be taking supplements that are tier 1 (those with NSF/USP certifications). Lots of stores sell these types and the USADA gives you a list of these companies/compounds

Its not hard to get supplements that have legit credentials (my local store only sells NSF/USP certified brands).

If he ignores the certs and USADA list and decides to risk it on some fly by night company then some of the blame is still on him

Askren had a post somewhere in the last few day (I'll try to find it) basically saying maybe it was because of his paranoia from his olympic days, but he didn't take any supplements for fear they were fucked with.

do you have a better source to prove he is guilty?
Didn't think so...

I never claimed any knowledge on his guilt or innocence. I just don't take anything I hear at face value. You're just gonna believe what you want to believe. Never mind the massive amounts of misinformation that has been published since this Romero thing started. I've never seen so many false articles publishing blatant lies on any mma story until now. There was the B sample turning up negative which turned out being a lie. There were the articles all claiming to know the substance found. And now this is just another extension of that. Some Romero fan or Malki himself is pushing one hell of a misinformation campaign.

Cant wait till a super high profile fighter tests positive and ufc finally does away with this Usada bullshit

Give him a slap on the wrist and bring back the uncrowned MW champ!

You guys realize this fight was in Nevada, and the NAC will be the ones to issue punishment right?

NAC doesn't follow any sort of legal precident and just seems to make up it's mind based on the roll of a dice. My guess? Lifetime ban.

You guys realize this fight was in Nevada, and the NAC will be the ones to issue punishment right?

NAC doesn't follow any sort of legal precident and just seems to make up it's mind based on the roll of a dice. My guess? Lifetime ban.

You realize he failed an out of competition test days after the fight, and passed the in competition testing, right? NAC has nothing to do with this.

Back