IT: CHAPTER TWO ($91 Million Opening Weekend)

If you have seen IT: CHAPTER TWO, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I saw another horror movie once in which a little boy and little girl were brutally murdered. Their deaths weren't shown on screen; just a shot of a toy wooden horse splattered with blood after they were found. But their killer turned out to be a young woman. There's a scene in which the detective in charge of the case imagines the night of the murders in his head and there's a shot of her standing in front of the kids brandishing her weapons, a straight razor and a wooden mallet. The look of sadistic glee on her face was the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in any horror movie ever. That and the way she delivered the line she spoke in that shot... god, still feel fucked up and it's two years since I saw the movie.

I hated the abusive husband scene. Felt tastelessly exaggerated and theatrical. But loved when she kicked him in the face. god, how I envied him at that point.
iu

At least they didn't try to hide the fact they were ripping off The Thing, and I'm sure they got John Carpenter's blessing.

Bill Based? What? Don't ya mean Bill Hader? And Denzel? Really? Racist much?

I didn't. I thought it was incredibly anticlimactic, cheesy and ridiculous.

This.

I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

I was on Ambien.

honestly it could have used more scenes like that. That is what makes you angry at the Pennywise... the vulnerability of children he preys on is what makes him such a hateful character...
It's why the last scene in Part One where they give him a gang beating was so enjoyable. Too bad they didn't do the same thing in Part Two

Saw 'it' the other day. Horror films should not be that long, just becomes tedious after a while.

The only good scene was the one with the old lady, and that was released on Youtube before the film came out.

And the ending with the old 'hey everyone we did it!!...It's dead!!..." / guy then gets killed... scene was so terrible. Do writers have to add that into every lame horror film?!

I wasn't blown away by Chapter One but thought it was OK and with some tweaking, there was potential to make a great part two. However, that is not what happened. Just lazy, dumbed down by the numbers 'horror' where crappy CGI jump scares replace actual film making. It was worse than one of those production line horrors like The Nun, only twice as long. But at least those movies don't really try and pretend to be anything they are not and have the excuse of not having the same source material to work from, which is was makes Chapert Two even more infuriating.

Last edited:
Got around to watching this movie this week....I'll just leave it like this....this movie was almost unwatchable at times and in general a train wreck of a motion picture. Chapter 1 had a lot of problems but in retrospect looks like master piece compared to this pile of dog shit. They doubled the budget and ended up with double the amount of terrible CGI with a much longer movie and terrible pacing. I'd give this a strong 2 or weak 3.

The biggest crime is that we never got to see what Cary Fukunaga's version would have looked like before he bailed.

I’ve forgotten almost everything about this movie.

The formula of let's follow everyone around and go person to person made the movie drag. We already know who they are so why retread the whole each getting scared randomly by Pennywise scenes.

IT Chapter 2 (2019) - I was one of the people who genuinely enjoyed IT (2017). I believe Andy Muschietti fell flat with the sequel. For the first hour barely anything intriguing happens. The switching back & forth between the adult and child counterparts through the course of the picture got stale.

I didn't hate chapter 1 but it was watchable

Chapter 2 was barely watchable.

Im sorry but the 90's TV movie it was far far superior to this modern version

I didn't hate chapter 1 but it was watchable

Chapter 2 was barely watchable.

Im sorry but the 90's TV movie it was far far superior to this modern version
Yeah fucking right.

Back