• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IT: CHAPTER TWO ($91 Million Opening Weekend)

If you have seen IT: CHAPTER TWO, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
This film is too long-winded. Could have made the film slightly shorter. But don't get me started on the book it would take me months to read all of that. I thought the film was okay but I prefer the first film.

I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it.

I never realized how opinionated some people can get over a movie lol.

The whole movie I was just waiting to see how the final battle was gonna turn out, how they were gonna make his true form look and how supernatural it was gonna be.

All in all, it was meh. Him killing that little girl under the bleachers fucked me up as much as the Georgie scene in the first one. I can watch a sissy get his armpit bitten out all day but I'm not into seeing children being brutally murdered.

Overall, I enjoyed it.
Hader was really good. Dude can legit act, isn't just a goofball.
But this didn't feel like a horror movie at all. It was like an R rated Harry Potter movie.

Some of the choices in the story were weird and out of place. What's her face and the abusive husband scene was weird and uncomfortable since there wasnt any backstory or progression. And McAvoy's character somehow turns into a retard when he gets back into Derry.

There was surprisingly a lot of funny scenes, and that took away the feel of it being a horror movie. Also, it was very obvious whenever they were about to do a scare scene, it was so obvious that it felt like they were intentionally warning people.
I had a decent time watching it.

Blatant rip off of scene from The Thing, shows the lack of imagination in movies these days
source.gif

I watched this yesterday.

It is a very good film and well worth the price of admission.

James McAvoy, Bill Skarsgard, Denzel and Bill Based did great jobs.

A bit hokey in some areas but it's based off a Stephen King novel so...

Watched this yesterday and loved it
Heard some people say it wasn't as good as part 1 and maybe a little boring at parts but I disagree
It hooked me in right from the start and kept me engaged through the whole film
Wish I woulda watched the first one again as a refresher but this movie did a good job reminding you of the things you needed to remember as the story went along
Don't think it was too long at all, for me it was a 3 hour thrill ride of chaos and enjoyment
7 Thumbs up

I liked it

Certainmy better than the first, couple of good jumps in this one that the first lacked

I enjoyed how they killed the clown, clever

i didnt watch the first and i dont plan to watch this one

Watched it last week and really enjoyed it. I feel like Henry Bowers could have had a little more screen time, but almost 3 hours I can see why it was so short. His component just felt a little rushed and unnecessary. I thought I read there were thoughts of doing a super cut for the bluray release. I would love it if they cut it so the flow of the story followed the book. Where It chapter 1 was all kids and chapter 2 was mostly adults with some flashbacks thrown in, have the super cut have both timelines run in parallel and both time lines reach their finale in the end.

This film is too long-winded. Could have made the film slightly shorter. But don't get me started on the book it would take me months to read all of that. I thought the film was okay but I prefer the first film.

Not even 1,100 pages ffs. I read it twice, each time took me less than a month. Once in college in 1988, and again before Part One came out 2 years ago. Great book, real page turner.

Watched this yesterday and loved it
Heard some people say it wasn't as good as part 1 and maybe a little boring at parts but I disagree
It hooked me in right from the start and kept me engaged through the whole film
Wish I woulda watched the first one again as a refresher but this movie did a good job reminding you of the things you needed to remember as the story went along
Don't think it was too long at all, for me it was a 3 hour thrill ride of chaos and enjoyment
7 Thumbs up

Same.

I watched it at the cinema last night and thought it was great. The negative reviews surprise me, to be honest.

I did watch Part 1 again a day before seeing Part 2 but I do prefer Part 2, thought Part 1 was a little slow.

Finally watched this and came away with a similar feeling to End Game in the sense that what made IT and Infinity War so special were the spectacular villains Thanos / Pennywise but in both sequels, the villains take a back seat for the protagonists to have their shine.

It was very well made and well-acted which helped alot and by no means bad but it lacked the spark that the first one had for me.

Pennywise felt very much a background character here, infact he was thrown in just for the sake of killing random kids so he atleast had screen time, the film is essentially about the six returning losers club members and them finding who they really are and bonding together. There was way to much CGI, infact it took away from Bill Skarsgard, he wasn't allowed to roam free here like in the first one and that's a shame. Everytime he had a moment it was quickly finished with either a quick CGI kill that resembled something from Mortal Kombat or he turned into some not at all scary PS4 looking monster.

I think alot of the problem is it doesn't work aswell with adults as it does with children, it lacks the flow needed.

Maybe it's me but Bill seemed to have more fun with Pennywise in the first one, he was amazing as always but his mannerisms, voice etc. were a little different?

And i'm just gonna say it, the whole giant spider, true form ending... Yeah it doesn't work, it just looks terrible, reminded me of the Rock in the Mummy <45> and how he dies was just cheap really they needed him dead and there really wasn't any decent source material so let's just call him names and not be scared so he shrinks and dies.. Yawn

It sounds like i'm dogging on the movie but I actually enjoyed it, an acceptable ending and the best you will get with what you have to work with imo.

7/10

The whole movie I was just waiting to see how the final battle was gonna turn out, how they were gonna make his true form look and how supernatural it was gonna be.

All in all, it was meh. Him killing that little girl under the bleachers fucked me up as much as the Georgie scene in the first one. I can watch a sissy get his armpit bitten out all day but I'm not into seeing children being brutally murdered.

honestly it could have used more scenes like that. That is what makes you angry at the Pennywise... the vulnerability of children he preys on is what makes him such a hateful character...

I'd rather lick diarrhea off the floor of a truckstop bathroom than watch this hunk of shit again. Holy crap what a shitty movie.

Just seen yesterday. What a let down. The original shits all over this one.

honestly it could have used more scenes like that. That is what makes you angry at the Pennywise... the vulnerability of children he preys on is what makes him such a hateful character...
I saw another horror movie once in which a little boy and little girl were brutally murdered. Their deaths weren't shown on screen; just a shot of a toy wooden horse splattered with blood after they were found. But their killer turned out to be a young woman. There's a scene in which the detective in charge of the case imagines the night of the murders in his head and there's a shot of her standing in front of the kids brandishing her weapons, a straight razor and a wooden mallet. The look of sadistic glee on her face was the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in any horror movie ever. That and the way she delivered the line she spoke in that shot... god, still feel fucked up and it's two years since I saw the movie.

Overall, I enjoyed it.
Hader was really good. Dude can legit act, isn't just a goofball.
But this didn't feel like a horror movie at all. It was like an R rated Harry Potter movie.

Some of the choices in the story were weird and out of place. What's her face and the abusive husband scene was weird and uncomfortable since there wasnt any backstory or progression. And McAvoy's character somehow turns into a retard when he gets back into Derry.

There was surprisingly a lot of funny scenes, and that took away the feel of it being a horror movie. Also, it was very obvious whenever they were about to do a scare scene, it was so obvious that it felt like they were intentionally warning people.
I had a decent time watching it.
I hated the abusive husband scene. Felt tastelessly exaggerated and theatrical. But loved when she kicked him in the face. god, how I envied him at that point.
iu

Blatant rip off of scene from The Thing, shows the lack of imagination in movies these days
source.gif
At least they didn't try to hide the fact they were ripping off The Thing, and I'm sure they got John Carpenter's blessing.

I watched this yesterday.

It is a very good film and well worth the price of admission.

James McAvoy, Bill Skarsgard, Denzel and Bill Based did great jobs.

A bit hokey in some areas but it's based off a Stephen King novel so...
Bill Based? What? Don't ya mean Bill Hader? And Denzel? Really? Racist much?

I liked it

Certainmy better than the first, couple of good jumps in this one that the first lacked

I enjoyed how they killed the clown, clever
I didn't. I thought it was incredibly anticlimactic, cheesy and ridiculous.

Finally watched this and came away with a similar feeling to End Game in the sense that what made IT and Infinity War so special were the spectacular villains Thanos / Pennywise but in both sequels, the villains take a back seat for the protagonists to have their shine.

It was very well made and well-acted which helped alot and by no means bad but it lacked the spark that the first one had for me.

Pennywise felt very much a background character here, infact he was thrown in just for the sake of killing random kids so he atleast had screen time, the film is essentially about the six returning losers club members and them finding who they really are and bonding together. There was way to much CGI, infact it took away from Bill Skarsgard, he wasn't allowed to roam free here like in the first one and that's a shame. Everytime he had a moment it was quickly finished with either a quick CGI kill that resembled something from Mortal Kombat or he turned into some not at all scary PS4 looking monster.

I think alot of the problem is it doesn't work aswell with adults as it does with children, it lacks the flow needed.

Maybe it's me but Bill seemed to have more fun with Pennywise in the first one, he was amazing as always but his mannerisms, voice etc. were a little different?

And i'm just gonna say it, the whole giant spider, true form ending... Yeah it doesn't work, it just looks terrible, reminded me of the Rock in the Mummy <45> and how he dies was just cheap really they needed him dead and there really wasn't any decent source material so let's just call him names and not be scared so he shrinks and dies.. Yawn

It sounds like i'm dogging on the movie but I actually enjoyed it, an acceptable ending and the best you will get with what you have to work with imo.

7/10
This.

Back