It boggles my mind that JDS is @ -160

Cain will be looking better this time. I don't know if I would pick him to win, but he has a decent chance. Let's not get too wild in jumping on JDS's nuts. Cain looked pretty devastating in his last fight.

JDS's standup is miles better than Cain's. This is not questionable.

So that leaves Cain's wrestling + cardio.

JDS knew Mir's only goal was get the fight to the ground. Mir's wrestling is trash, yes I know. But Mir couldn't get close without having his face broken. Same with Carwin. I personally can't remember when I saw JDS get gassed.

So Cain's wrestling. Can Cain get close enough to go for a takedown? And if he does get a hold of JDS, can he take him down and better yet hold him?

I see JDS destroying Cain down the HW rankings.

I think JDS will win by TKO in round 3 or 4... after an unholy war where he gets taken down and SMASHED at points. I am a huge fan of Junior and believe he will be the victor, but I feel it is crazy to write Cain Velasquez off. A blind man could see Cain was overweight last time, he was not close to his best shape. Velasquez is a very fast, explosive, aggressive 240-245lbs wrestler with superb cardio and evil GnP, and he will have been working day-in day-out with elite wrestler Daniel Cormier on how to get Cigano onto the mat. Trust me, he will manage it at times. Cain is a beast. I see JDS taking a bit of a beating in the 1st stanza, but I believe in Cigano, I think he will have the heart and steel to ride it out, and then make Cain pay when they are on the feet. Cain is no slouch on the feet and will hold his own for a while, but ultimately Junior will break him at one point. I think it's going to be a very even, very hard-fought thriller between two of the three best heavyweights on the planet (Cormier being the other), and Junior will be bloodied up but still with the belt at the end.

He punched himself out even more against Big Country when he threw everything but the kitchen sink at him.

He took three or four VICIOUS hooks from Kongo, and he had recovered every single time before he had reached crouching position, YEAH that's some glass jaw homie, how fucking retarded are you on a scale from 1-10? 12?

JDS hit him SQUARE in the temple last time (take a basic human anatomy course), our temple is located nowhere near our jaw you moronic donkey, and even then he never even went out fully, he was completly coherent when Herb Dean stepped in, every single punch he takes while on the ground hit the same spot as when he was standing, THE TEMPLE, NOT THE JAW.

This. I lol'd in real life.

JDS's standup is miles better than Cain's. This is not questionable.

So that leaves Cain's wrestling + cardio.

JDS knew Mir's only goal was get the fight to the ground. Mir's wrestling is trash, yes I know. But Mir couldn't get close without having his face broken. Same with Carwin. I personally can't remember when I saw JDS get gassed.

So Cain's wrestling. Can Cain get close enough to go for a takedown? And if he does get a hold of JDS, can he take him down and better yet hold him?

I see JDS destroying Cain down the HW rankings.

All there is in a MMA fight is stand up, wrestling and cardio?

Overeem is getting way too much hype for beating a Lesnar who didn't feel like wrestling that night, and winning a not so spectacular decision vs Werdum who was getting the better of him on many exchanges.
Yea, but he has a great physique.

Junior is like Chuck Liddell in his prime has really good takedown defense and just knock dudes out on the feet. Junior by 2nd round KO.

People on here saying Cain is an overrated ( gatekeeper ) fighter are on something. No use in arguing with em, Dec. 29 will come soon enough and end all this speculation. For what's it worth I Beleive Cain walks out with a TKO victory by rnd 4.

Cain is a super overrated Gatekeeper. The fact of the matter is this, Cain although virtually non threatening to JDS is one of the few good known Heavies left beside The Reem who can generate money. This is due to Cain being a Mexican who can draw in the boxing crowd. As a fighter he works hard and can take lower mid tier guys but he will never beat JDS or the Reem. Reasons for this? Lack of KO power. Yeah he can beat up Silva but who has Silva really beat? His only notable win is vs Fedor who he outweighed by like 50 pounds. He has a glass jaw and would probably never compete in the UFC if the heavies weren't stretched so thin. The only guys that can possibly challenge JDS would be the Reem and DC. A wrestler who's got decent boxing isn't going to win against a boxer like JDS because he will never be able to take him down and play on his terms, he will always be forced to play on JDS terms which will end in a KO 9/10 times.

questionmark-dog.jpg

I agree, I think JDS should be at least -200. At -160 JDS actually a good bet.

I see the fight going differently.

JDS via KO @ 1:05.

Seriously, the dude fought Lesnar for the title and had the easiest route to the title. JDS still KO's him.

Cain got out wrestle by Brock and Brock gas out, Cain take over.
Overeem just stood there and Brock can't do anything except a jab to cut Overeem and Overeem just brutalize Brock like a training bag.

i can see Overeem being the champion by 2014 or 2015 if someone injury and got a long layoff.

People who say Cain poses no threat to JDS are crazy. That being said I still think JDS will win.

All there is in a MMA fight is stand up, wrestling and cardio?

Great point. Thanks for your insight and knowledge. You really added a lot to this discussion.

I kind of look at this match up like this...IMO.

Jones vs Evans. I was throwing a fit at Evans for not going for more takedowns or being aggressive at it. Jones did a great job at times in keeping the distance and throwing off attempts and making Evans pay when he did. We really haven't seen Jones on his back either and Evans is a top tier wrestler. Only difference is JDS has 1 punch KO power and Cain is completely aware of it.

Back