It boggles my mind that JDS is @ -160

I am a huge JDS fan, but Cain scares me, a lot. I hope he can get back up quickly when/if he is taken down. WAR JDS

He punched himself out even more against Big Country when he threw everything but the kitchen sink at him.

He took three or four VICIOUS hooks from Kongo, and he had recovered every single time before he had reached crouching position, YEAH that's some glass jaw homie, how fucking retarded are you on a scale from 1-10? 12?

JDS hit him SQUARE in the temple last time (take a basic human anatomy course), our temple is located nowhere near our jaw you moronic donkey, and even then he never even went out fully, he was completly coherent when Herb Dean stepped in, every single punch he takes while on the ground hit the same spot as when he was standing, THE TEMPLE, NOT THE JAW.

Obviously you are a huge Cain fan, but the other poster is right. Cain was knocked down by nearly every shot that connected vs Kongo, and by the only significant punch thrown by JDS. So he's not retarded, just not enamored with a fighter who has been shoved down our throats by the UFC (who does that very well). His win over Bigfoot was very impressive, but since his speed is light years ahead of BF's, I think you can again thank the UFC's matchmaker for that fight. As many have said, if Cain is able to hold JDS down, he has a chance. I just wouldn't count on him ever having a long run as champion even if he does somehow win. With strikers like JDS and Overeem, Cain's chin will always give them an advantage. I've taken anatomy myself, but when Cain got hit and "recovered", he simply grabbed for a leg and drug Kongo down each time, and gave himself time to clear his head. Watch John Fitch after Hendricks hit him, he was wrestling the ref, b/c he just grabbed for a leg. That's instinct. And if being hit in the temple doesn't count, then I guess GSP has never been legitimately knocked down either.

He punched himself out even more against Big Country when he threw everything but the kitchen sink at him.

He took three or four VICIOUS hooks from Kongo, and he had recovered every single time before he had reached crouching position, YEAH that's some glass jaw homie, how fucking retarded are you on a scale from 1-10? 12?

JDS hit him SQUARE in the temple last time (take a basic human anatomy course), our temple is located nowhere near our jaw you moronic donkey, and even then he never even went out fully, he was completly coherent when Herb Dean stepped in, every single punch he takes while on the ground hit the same spot as when he was standing, THE TEMPLE, NOT THE JAW.

You sounds pretty mad that Cain gets rocked every time he gets hit.

A few facts:

1) Nobody[/U ]has been able stop Cains takedowns.
2) JDS is a brazillian striker--not exactly known for their TDD
4) JDS trians grappling under the Nog brothers, just like anderson... which is not exactly a recipe for success when facing a top-caliber wrestler.

This fight will be one-sided, either JDS will KTFO him again, or Cain will brutally demolish JDS on the ground.

First of all, you forgot the number three.

Here tool.

When they talk about the TEMPLE in MMA or any other contact sport for that matter they mean the ENTIRE temporal area since the effect is the SAME no matter where on it you connect.

But thanks for going full-retard.

No they don't. Everybody here thinks you're an idiot and a jerk. Just read through replies. By the way, this whole discussion is because of you nitpicking semantics, so which is it, technical defintion or not? Behind the fucking ear... lol, you're an idiot.

A few facts:

1) Nobody has been able stop Cains takedowns.
2) JDS is a brazillian striker--not exactly known for their TDD
4) JDS trians grappling under the Nog brothers, just like anderson... which is not exactly a recipe for success when facing a top-caliber wrestler.

This fight will be one-sided, either JDS will KTFO him again, or Cain will brutally demolish JDS on the ground.

Lol, brazilian striker. Machida got pretty good TDD(outside of Jon Fucking Jones he was never hold down), Anderson TDD is far from being bad nowadays and JDS TDD has been awesome.
I don't even think you could put brazilian strikers in one category, they are all so different among themselves. That's like saying "american strikers" as if Chuck Liddell and Stephen Thompson had something in common.

I'm a fan that's not delusional about the state of the HW division. Until new contenders come out of the woodwork's I really dont see anyone challenging DC, Reem, or Dos Santos. Who else do you think has a chance to beat these three? Mir, Kongo, Werdum? Cain is probably 4th ranking but the gap between him and the top 3 is huge. I can't wait for the bandwagon fan base to abandon ship come 155 once he gets a 2nd KO loss. He won't be able to challenge JDS a 3rd time if that happens and he will be stuck in a Fitch like state until someone else KO's him and he looses relevance completely.

The Cormier hype is ridiculous. What has he done to be elevated over Cain?

I still laugh that people think Junior's striking is good. I think you guys should go watch boxing for a few hours. Throwing haymakers with your eyes closed is not striking.

as a JDS fan im far more concerned by a fight w/ Cain then i would be vs any other potential HW contender...i think hes by far the most dangerous...

I still laugh that people think Junior's striking is good. I think you guys should go watch boxing for a few hours. Throwing haymakers with your eyes closed is not striking.

luckily JDS doesnt throw haymakers w/ eyes closed...WTF fights are you watching? and why are you comparing professional boxing skills to boxing in MMA? 2 different worlds...what other HW in the UFC has comparable boxing skills to JDS? he looks to currently be the absolute best in the division from what ive seen...

boggles your mind at the odds?

well lay your money down and lets all watch your cry after the fight.

I was watching the extended preview just now and I got a very strong feeling that Cain is going to get knocked out again.

I know these shows are not to be taken too seriously but I believe Junior won't be taken down and we know he is miles ahead of Cain on the feet. The fight will be different, yes, but the result will be the same.

A black belt doesn't carry the mystique it did in the '80's. A red and black belt (7th degree Jiu Jitsu) is needed to carry that level of intimidation. Does anyone fight with a 7th degree?

Chances are that if you're a (legit) 7th degree black belt in BJJ, you are too old to be fighting in MMA.

boggles your mind at the odds?

well lay your money down and lets all watch your cry after the fight.
What did Cain do in the 1st fight to make you think he even has a small chance to win the second time

Jds has excellent tdd, heavy hands, and good accuracy with his punches. Cain on the other hand needs takedowns to win, and has a questionable chin. JDS by early tko, again.

Velasquez has an outstanding chance if he can put JDS on his back, and keep him there. The guy is fucking relentless when he's in dominate positions. You can bet the guys at AKA aren't telling him to make this a kickboxing match.

I like both but I think Cain pulls it off.

Back