Media Israel Adesanya NZ Sportsman of The Year Award

Legit lol, stop being a troll man.

New Zealand punches well above its weight population 4 million.The fact NZ manufactured 2 UFC champions (Israel, Whittaker)in its short existence plus multiple combat sports champions overtime (Joesph Parker, Mark Hunt, Ray Sefo etc etc) speaks for itself.The country practically runs world rugby, maintained an 80% winning record for well over a 100 years the highest in all pro sports, NZ cricket team are ranked top 3, its netball team are world champions, constantly ranked in the top 5 per capita at the Olympics blah blah blah.

The dude is projecting. His own backwater shithole Brazil is in decline in MMA. All the decent fighter leave that cesspool and move to the USA first chance they get. Any half decent soccer player is out of there like a rat from a sinking ship to Europe.

Lol at a Brazilian talking about athletics. Have we seen their country fostering that athletics culture post olympics?

3D7093FA00000578-4241412-image-a-21_1487582302870.jpg

3D70998C00000578-4241412-image-a-17_1487582248025.jpg

The dude is projecting. His own backwater shithole Brazil is in decline in MMA. All the decent fighter leave that cesspool and move to the USA first chance they get. Any half decent soccer player is out of there like a rat from a sinking ship to Europe.

Lol at a Brazilian talking about athletics. Have we seen their country fostering that athletics culture post olympics?

100% agree. Brazil is a fairly horrible corrupt country, bribery and corruption are rife, everyone is just out for themselves, cash, cash.
I have come across a few Brazilians, wouldn't trust any of them in the slightest.

Only 2 good things to come out of Brazil are :
1) Ayrton Senna da Silva.
2) Coffee

This is great news actually.
It means that MMA is in the mainstream in NZ.
In Poland Joanna wasn't even in the news when she won the belt.

No shit. I mean if we have to make a choice between Joanna & Lewandowski, we all know whom we are going to choose.

If it helps change your mind, he trained me until a couple or years ago, and I can say for sure he wasn't arrogant, or a dick at all despite how it may come across on tv etc. I've taken a lot of joy watching him get into the UFC and climb through the ranks. I can also see how his personality would rub people up the wrong way though.
Okay, fair enough, that does change my opinion of him. I liked him up until he beat Gastelum, then he got annoying.
I think its a case of a good dude with a bit too much fame, would you agree?

>Rugby more athletic than the NFL

<{yahyou}>

you do have to be a more well rounded athlete to be a top rugby player.

better cardio
better balance of strength, power, mobility and conditioning.

Yes American footballers are on average bigger and stronger. But they aren’t making the hits and constant plays rugby players make for 80 minutes without gassing and dying from exhaustion.

Poland is a weird one because KSW has a stranglehold on MMA in ways people can't grasp. Imagine if the UFC, with a much smaller roster, was just for the US and you got to watch it for free. But the production value was PRIDE level every time. If you aren't a KSW champion they don't really give a shit. Unfortunately you have to pay to watch the UFC in Poland because they opted for a better licensing deal over growing the brand. Therefore nobody really watches it.

When Dana says they don't know how to make stars just remember he is full of shit. There was a clear example of easily being able to build a star... they just had to make less money for a while to do it. He refused.

Also Joanna was asked to try out for the Polish Olympic boxing team and had a chance to become a KSW champion and opted for the UFC instead. That pissed some people off and it cost her and the UFC later. Politics is a bitch. She retaliated by getting Dana to bring KK over from KSW because the narrative was that KK was a much better fighter and would beat her now.
Not that I disagree on KSW being the premiere MMA org in Poland but it's not free to watch anymore. KSW has been moving most events to PPV since 2012, KSW 20 being the 1st PPV event. There are no free events anymore. Of course it is cheaper than the UFC still.

BTW you in Poland bro?

Okay, fair enough, that does change my opinion of him. I liked him up until he beat Gastelum, then he got annoying.
I think its a case of a good dude with a bit too much fame, would you agree?

Probably feels like you have to hype yourself to sell fights these days, which is kinda true I guess. It's all happened really fast as well, so you're probably right with the fame thing.

The week after he lost his Glory kickboxing title fight, he was back in the gym teaching us again, and handled it really well. That says a lot about someone I think.

I had about 7 heart attacks watching that Gastelum fight haha.

Probably feels like you have to hype yourself to sell fights these days, which is kinda true I guess. It's all happened really fast as well, so you're probably right with the fame thing.

The week after he lost his Glory kickboxing title fight, he was back in the gym teaching us again, and handled it really well. That says a lot about someone I think.

I had about 7 heart attacks watching that Gastelum fight haha.
Thats really cool, sounds like he takes losing pretty well! That does say alot about him!

Yeah, the Gastelum fight was awesome. I really don't know who would win if they rematched.

hes really popular in NZ, black and competitive in two Sports … do the math.

ESPN even said that Cormier was the 3. most dominant athlete in 2018 … lol

Not that I disagree on KSW being the premiere MMA org in Poland but it's not free to watch anymore. KSW has been moving most events to PPV since 2012, KSW 20 being the 1st PPV event. There are no free events anymore. Of course it is cheaper than the UFC still.

BTW you in Poland bro?
No I'm not in Poland. If I was I would know Polish and would know better and not have made that mistake. I thought they might have moved to a paid service but I thought it was much later after Joanna joined the UFC. Didn't realize those deals played out prior. There's always more you learn.

Disgusting to see the government waste millions on a one-off sports event and leave it all to rot immediately after. Shame.

Back