Media Israel Adesanya NZ Sportsman of The Year Award

LOL Please amuse me, what’s the “bigger picture”?

And Who hates Izzy lol? Just ridiculing this overblown perception New Zealand’s importance to MMA... they have like two fighters in the UFC and one of them doesn’t even consider himself a Kiwi lol.

Adesanya-640x640.jpg

i

He reps both.

"When I see the sky tower (Referring to Auckland's sky tower in New Zealand) I consider myself home." - Israel Adesanya

I don't even like him, but youre dead wrong. He's a NZ'er.

i

He reps both.

"When I see the sky tower (Referring to Auckland's sky tower in New Zealand) I consider myself home." - Israel Adesanya

I don't even like him, but youre dead wrong. He's a NZ'er.

Let’s cut the drama, that’s pandering at its best.

New Zealand was Izzys stepping stone. Look at the big Africa tattoo in Izzys chest lol. New Zealand is so talent deprived in Athletics they’ll take whatever the can get lol.

Fuck Izzy.
My only contribution to this thread.
He is the ONLY fighter in the world that I hate with part good reason, part blind hatred.
36ep5w.jpg
You still haven't emotionally recovered from UFC 243. What a sad shame. You are definitely NOTHING like the real Chael Sonnen who is definitely a fan of Adesanya.

People should not hate on Adesanya.
He's everything one could wish for in a fighter and more.

View attachment 728537
You still haven't emotionally recovered from UFC 243. What a sad shame. You are definitely NOTHING like the real Chael Sonnen who is definitely a fan of Adesanya.
ohh you poor thing. Have you even read any of my other posts? I'm generally a level headed guy, but Adesanya just pisses me off.

For the record, I don't think Yoel is going to beat him.

Why do you hate him man?
Cause he's a dick, and he has the personality of a 12 year old.
Basically the only fighter I hate full stop.
Its not for a great reason, but sometimes hate isn't lol.

Cause he's a dick, and he has the personality of a 12 year old.
Basically the only fighter I hate full stop.
Its not for a great reason, but sometimes hate isn't lol.
Well, fair enough i guess.
I really like his personality if i'm being honest and think you might be a bit harsh with him in that regard, but i respect your opinion.

Let’s cut the drama, that’s pandering at its best.

New Zealand was Izzys stepping stone. Look at the big Africa tattoo in Izzys chest lol. New Zealand is so talent deprived in Athletics they’ll take whatever the can get lol.
Legit lol, stop being a troll man.

New Zealand punches well above its weight population 4 million.The fact NZ manufactured 2 UFC champions (Israel, Whittaker)in its short existence plus multiple combat sports champions overtime (Joesph Parker, Mark Hunt, Ray Sefo etc etc) speaks for itself.The country practically runs world rugby, maintained an 80% winning record for well over a 100 years the highest in all pro sports, NZ cricket team are ranked top 3, its netball team are world champions, constantly ranked in the top 5 per capita at the Olympics blah blah blah.

ohh you poor thing. Have you even read any of my other posts? I'm generally a level headed guy, but Adesanya just pisses me off.

For the record, I don't think Yoel is going to beat him.
I've read your other posts. Like I said, since UFC 243 you've lost your mind and gone off the deep end when it comes to Israel.

Well, fair enough i guess.
I really like his personality if i'm being honest and think you might be a bit harsh with him in that regard, but i respect your opinion.
look fair enough, I respect people who like him, and tbh my hate is irrational.
I might have to rethink it lol.

I've read your other posts. Like I said, since UFC 243 you've lost your mind and gone off the deep end when it comes to Israel.
oh 100%. My hate is completely irrational.
And unlike any of ya'll, I've actually met Israel at a meet and greet haha. that was before his Anderson fight.
My Israel posts are definitely off the deep end, my other posts are generally pretty rational (going by sherdog standards ofc)

oh 100%. My hate is completely irrational.
And unlike any of ya'll, I've actually met Israel at a meet and greet haha. that was before his Anderson fight.
My Israel posts are definitely off the deep end, my other posts are generally pretty rational (going by sherdog standards ofc)
How was the meet and greet? Did something go wrong?

How was the meet and greet? Did something go wrong?
Nah, it was fine lol. I didn't know who adesanya was at the time, so it wasn't as cool as it would be today.
He was decent, nothing special, nothing bad lol.
As i say, my hate is irrational haha.

This is great news actually.
It means that MMA is in the mainstream in NZ.
In Poland Joanna wasn't even in the news when she won the belt.
Poland is a weird one because KSW has a stranglehold on MMA in ways people can't grasp. Imagine if the UFC, with a much smaller roster, was just for the US and you got to watch it for free. But the production value was PRIDE level every time. If you aren't a KSW champion they don't really give a shit. Unfortunately you have to pay to watch the UFC in Poland because they opted for a better licensing deal over growing the brand. Therefore nobody really watches it.

When Dana says they don't know how to make stars just remember he is full of shit. There was a clear example of easily being able to build a star... they just had to make less money for a while to do it. He refused.

Also Joanna was asked to try out for the Polish Olympic boxing team and had a chance to become a KSW champion and opted for the UFC instead. That pissed some people off and it cost her and the UFC later. Politics is a bitch. She retaliated by getting Dana to bring KK over from KSW because the narrative was that KK was a much better fighter and would beat her now.

Because WHAT would the world do without New Zealand’s approval of MMA?!?!?

According to Kiwis someone better nominate Izzy for a Nobel Peace Prize while we’re at it amirite?

<seedat>
tenor.gif

LOL Please amuse me, what’s the “bigger picture”?

And Who hates Izzy lol? Just ridiculing this overblown perception New Zealand’s importance to MMA... they have like two fighters in the UFC and one of them doesn’t even consider himself a Kiwi lol.

Adesanya-640x640.jpg

Hooker, Adesanya, Young, Kara France, Jumeau, Riddell off the top of my head. Whittaker is a kiwi as well even though he reps Australia. Also the current FW champ trains out of NZ. The population is tiny, but they are making an impact on the sport.

Nah, it was fine lol. I didn't know who adesanya was at the time, so it wasn't as cool as it would be today.
He was decent, nothing special, nothing bad lol.
As i say, my hate is irrational haha.

If it helps change your mind, he trained me until a couple or years ago, and I can say for sure he wasn't arrogant, or a dick at all despite how it may come across on tv etc. I've taken a lot of joy watching him get into the UFC and climb through the ranks. I can also see how his personality would rub people up the wrong way though.

Back