Israel Adesanya Accuses Romero of Cheating

Rate Romero's integrity as a fighter

• Total voters
Hopefully the Yomero myth gets put to bed finally, the most overrated fighter in the history of mma.

hi-res-c4de7abf1f5e62f445bb46be945631a0_crop_north.jpg

"Any free integrity up there for me?"

“What is it, stool-gate, missing weight, fence grabs, shorts [grabs], glove grabbing – and they call these veteran moves,” said Adesanya of Romero to Submission Radio.

“Let me tell you, some people will do anything to win whether it’s right or wrong. I’m not one of those people. I don’t damn the rules even though I’m the Stylebender. The only time I remember being warned [in the Octagon] was against Brad Tavares, when [referee] Herb Dean said, 'You gotta close your hands.' Find another fight where I’ve been warned.

israel-adesanya-hero.jpg

“I play by the rules because I want an even playing field and I wanna play fair. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do but can you sleep with yourself at night? Can you win a world title cheating, then be okay with it?

“It was a hard [fight] to sell because … you can’t give a title shot to a guy who has had numerous title shots. Who’s known for a little vet moves aka cheating.

e41f78f9bb3d7ac2458010e00e008ca0.jpg

“He could have spent the extra hours, but chose not to, because his team decided they’ll take the fine and get the shot at the title anyway. These are tactics. He’s lost his last three out of four and he’s had two or three different title shots. I mean, come on!”

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-...542/ufc-israel-adesanya-yoel-romeros-cheating

in my opinion Romero is not clean...43 yo and looks like that??...many fight that fought said hitting him was like hitting cement?...I will always believe my eyes...and this is coming from someone that likes Romero

What kind of distorted logic is that? Seriously.
I don't think he meant "call him out on his cheating," I think he meant, as in calling him out to fight, and then complaining that he's a cheater. Maybe I'm wrong. I certainly haven't followed how this has gone, in dialogue by either fighter.

Not so long ago Adesanya had a very big mouth but the more the fight gets closer the more he is looking for fuckin excuses already

<{outtahere}>

Hopefully the Yomero myth gets put to bed finally, the most overrated fighter in the history of mma.
Even if he loses by blowout that’s not gonna happen, dude is 43 years old and he’s still competing neck and neck with the elite young middleweights. If you can’t appreciate that and see his greatness you should pick another sport to watch because you don’t have a clue.

Fortunately the people who understand fighting and can recognize supreme talent when they see it, will always rank him high where he belongs.

source.gif

Last edited:
I don't think he meant "call him out on his cheating," I think he meant, as in calling him out to fight, and then complaining that he's a cheater. Maybe I'm wrong. I certainly haven't followed how this has gone, in dialogue by either fighter.

I understood it the same way, that it's ridiculous that Adesnaya is calling out a cheater to fight him.

Back