Isn’t MMA the most multicultural sport?

Soccer

88f2152d11cb163aa43f5e11dc951acc.gif

As individual players yes, there are hundreds of players from outside of Europe and South America currently playing in the big 5 ie Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1. But for some reason you're referencing individual fighters doing well in MMA then comparing it to entire national teams in soccer when its obvious apples to oranges.

Not to mention at this point the UFCs roster is so bloated due to the quantity of cards and wanting to break international markets that they've signed a decent percentage of the entire global pro MMA talent pool. A lot of the guys that they sign from outside the traditional MMA heartlands are the best of a domestic talent pool of maybe a few dozen people at their weight class.

Ok, now imagine that MMA used some kind of team format (old M1 challenge style) so that Poland, Australia, Mexico, Nigeria etc had to field an entire teams worth of fighters to compete with Team USA, Team Russia and Team Brazil in a series. How do you think that would go?

Fair point on national teams vs individuals.

I still think MMA has more varied, high level success in terms of individual.

Again, there's what like a handful of asian soccer players in the EPL that were even decent? There's black athletes, but not many...and only some are from Africa, some are French-Africa, or whatever. But good point.

Its odd that you call that football when you throw the ball to pass.... Or that Americans think you have a monopoly on a word 5 billion other people agree means something else

It’s a joke relax

Fair point on national teams vs individuals.

I still think MMA has more varied, high level success in terms of individual.

Again, there's what like a handful of asian soccer players in the EPL that were even decent?

A lack of Asians in the Premier League doesnt mean MMA is more international, it just means there are far fewer levels to go through in MMA to make it to the top. The J League and K League aint exactly small but again, levels.

There's black athletes, but not many...and only some are from Africa, some are French-Africa, or whatever. But good point.

I had a quick look on Transfermarkt which tracks these things, and theres around 250 Africans just in the big 5 leagues currently, and thats excluding none black African nations like Egypt and Morocco. The UFC talks about an African takeover off the back of 3 fighters lol.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that there arent a lot of black footballers either. Just looking at the top 4 teams in the Premier League last season as an example, nearly half of the players are black.

Our economy, miltary might, and cultural influence trumps what 5 billion pissants think that a word means. It’s crazy that we accomplished this in only 245 years. Soccer is cute, and I watched my son play the game and obsess over European clubs, but it’s a low stakes game that manlet betas can excel at. We love American Football bc it’s large, superhuman specimens slamming into eachother and there’s nothing like it anywhere else in the world. Stay salty, my friend.

You've never heard of Rugby have you?

You've never heard of Rugby have you?

Yeah cool sport. American footballers at their largest are still much bigger and more athletic. If Rugby could afford them, an average NFL runningback or linebacker would fucking dominate that sport.

Last edited:
Yeah cool sport. American footballers at their largest are still much bigger and more athletic. If Rugby could afford them, an average NFL runningback or linebacker would fucking dominate that sport.

Rugby went pro only recently (25 years ago give or take). In the old days, you got more pure physicality in the NFL cause of it.
Nowadays, they are all big and strong, whether its rugby or us football.

MMA is the most basic form of violent human interaction -- learn local and regional styles of fighting to bring harm to others; one guy punches, other dude kicks, and another chooses to wrestle and twist things, etc

the Mash-Up of different fighting styles became entertainment later in man's crappy history on this planet

So yeah, it preceded soccer and other sports

and yeah, its more multi-cultural -- it's violence and it's everywhere

Last edited:
Totally agree. Basically the people who like soccer are parroting that it's some universal, global, multi-cultural haven.

And it is global and huge for sure. But as you said, name the last time a non-Euro or non Agentina/Brazil won the world cup? Where as I just listed how diverse culturally, genetically, nationally - MMA is at even champion levels or high levels. Soccer is not that.

World Cup winners recent to oldest in order:

France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, France, Brazil, "West Germany", Argentina, Italy, Argentina, West Germany, Brazil, England.

That's from 1966 to 2018. Italy just won the Euro recently too and they played England in the final. But the soccer guys pretend like Japan/Korea/Africa and tons of other countries (US, Canada, Mexico even) are competitive and love soccer. Yeah they play it because it costs nothing and it is admittedly huge, but the they are credibly "competing" at the highest levels.

Where as to quickly show MMA in the current day:

HW = Black French-African (Cameroon) Champ
LHW = Polish
MW = New Zealand by way of Nigeria
WW = Nebraska, Nigerian born
LW = Brazilian (was just a Russian-Dagestani)
FW = Aussie
BW = Russian (or black American if we count Sterling lol)
FW = Mexican

Women's recently = Brazilian, Chinese, American, Russian/South American

Too be honest, pretty much all africans that has succes in mma are expatriate. I might be wrong, but I don't think there's a lot pf mma gym in that continent, at least good ones. Might change woth the success of Francis, Israel and Usman

Guess you havent heard of football (soccer)?

Back