Isn’t MMA the most multicultural sport?

Its football (soccer). Very rich guys play it, very poor people play it. Women play it, kids play it, old people play it, disabled people play it. You need next to nothing to play it. Is it banned anywhere? Mma is I am quite sure.

Hell. Actually I think its "running". Animals compete in that shit.

In Boxing, In order of total legit world titles in history. US, Mexico, and…..Japan.

Other countries are not even close.

Britain too I'd imagine has to be added to that list no? But I agree. People are citing boxing and soccer fringe competitors.

Where as MMA even currently has: Nigeria/Africa champions, Mexico champion, Brazillians always near the top and current champion, American champs, recent China Zhang champ and rich asian history in MMA, Korean Zombie was a title contender recently...

Romero was a Cuban, Whittaker is Aussie, Volk/Izzy/Hooker are kiwi NZ, the HW champ is french-african, some HW contenders recently were Dutch, Russian, ~Mexican, Brazilian. Tons of Dagestan/Chechnya fighters recently, eastern europe, some Italians, etc.

I think MMA blows boxing out of the water right now. Boxing's claim is on lesser fringe fighters like you said. In terms of success I think it even beats soccer. Soccer is run by what...like England, Germany, Italy, formerly Brazil heavily but not so much now, Argentina, maybe a blip on the radar other euro or South Am. team, but it's not like African countries or Japan or Korea are winning internationally at a high level, the US sure isn't lol.

Association football is not multicultural at the top because really only European countries are very strong right now. Some SA countries, but honestly SA countries are even falling behind. Other regions have basically never been competitive. There's so much money in association football and training and development that it's very hard for smaller and poorer nations with inferior programs to compete.

Totally agree. Basically the people who like soccer are parroting that it's some universal, global, multi-cultural haven.

And it is global and huge for sure. But as you said, name the last time a non-Euro or non Agentina/Brazil won the world cup? Where as I just listed how diverse culturally, genetically, nationally - MMA is at even champion levels or high levels. Soccer is not that.

World Cup winners recent to oldest in order:

France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, France, Brazil, "West Germany", Argentina, Italy, Argentina, West Germany, Brazil, England.

That's from 1966 to 2018. Italy just won the Euro recently too and they played England in the final. But the soccer guys pretend like Japan/Korea/Africa and tons of other countries (US, Canada, Mexico even) are competitive and love soccer. Yeah they play it because it costs nothing and it is admittedly huge, but the they are credibly "competing" at the highest levels.

Where as to quickly show MMA in the current day:

HW = Black French-African (Cameroon) Champ
LHW = Polish
MW = New Zealand by way of Nigeria
WW = Nebraska, Nigerian born
LW = Brazilian (was just a Russian-Dagestani)
FW = Aussie
BW = Russian (or black American if we count Sterling lol)
FW = Mexican

Women's recently = Brazilian, Chinese, American, Russian/South American

I think it is, it's not just the different countries doing it, it's the fact that women are treated as equal to men (well not on Sherdog) and there's also a bunch of lesbian fighters and nobody gives a shit.

Not many openly gay male fighters yet, but that'll probably happen at some point and hopefully no one will care again.

Football (soccer) is the most "multicultural" sport. Almost every kid on the planet at least once played football in their life.

However in MMA you seem to have more genetic diverse people which is not the same as multicultural.

Nate Diaz and Tyron Woodley are at the opposite ends of the spectrum genetically speaking, one being built as an endurance athlete and the other mostly built like an power athlete and yet both of them found success in MMA using their strengths in their advantadge.

You don't see that in most sports. All soccer players are mostly built the same way. Most basketball players are built the same way. Most sprinters are built the same way, most gymnasts are similar to each other, and so on. MMA on the other hand has tall, short, fat, thin, fast, slow, strong, weak, all types of people.

The Olympics are literally a collection of games with each event being a multinational sport. Gymnastics, soccer, boxing, judo, wrestling, weight lifting, etc. All have multiply nations represented.

Only in the US Bro

12068005-large.jpg
Fake rugby.

beating the shit out of each other is the universal language of mankind

You'd think so but I think MMA wins.

You realize the EPL is like 85-90% white right? Or more. Sure international soccer...by default is multiculturals, the olympics for any sport in them are by default. But those continents and countries aren't necessarily good.

Even in boxing too, what asians are "good" at it? Pacquaio, I'm sure some other guys. South Americans? Aussies?

In MMA we've seen champions from these places, not just fodder.

Lol at the epl.. You must not watch..

Soccer is, Boxing is more popular as well, probably cause of how old it is, and its also an olympic sport.

Incoming 10 pages about race, ethnicity, culture, genetics, nationalism and countrys. Never change sherdog.

Britain too I'd imagine has to be added to that list no? But I agree. People are citing boxing and soccer fringe competitors.

Where as MMA even currently has: Nigeria/Africa champions, Mexico champion, Brazillians always near the top and current champion, American champs, recent China Zhang champ and rich asian history in MMA, Korean Zombie was a title contender recently...

Romero was a Cuban, Whittaker is Aussie, Volk/Izzy/Hooker are kiwi NZ, the HW champ is french-african, some HW contenders recently were Dutch, Russian, ~Mexican, Brazilian. Tons of Dagestan/Chechnya fighters recently, eastern europe, some Italians, etc.

I think MMA blows boxing out of the water right now. Boxing's claim is on lesser fringe fighters like you said. In terms of success I think it even beats soccer. Soccer is run by what...like England, Germany, Italy, formerly Brazil heavily but not so much now, Argentina, maybe a blip on the radar other euro or South Am. team, but it's not like African countries or Japan or Korea are winning internationally at a high level, the US sure isn't lol.
There are two Japanese boxers on the P4P list at this very moment.

nah I'd say it's boxing and soccer for now (and maybe basketball), but MMA is definitely up there

https://boxrec.com/en/champions

Latvia, Finland, South Africa, DRC, Ukraine, Russia, UK, Thailand, Japan, USA, Belgium, France, Australia, Kazakhstan, Ecuador, Germany, Argentina, Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Italy, Uzbekistan, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Panama, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua, and those are just current world champions and fringe world champions.

Not diverse enough for you m8?

You realize the EPL is like 85-90% white right? Or more. Sure international soccer...by default is multiculturals

The Premier League is one league out of dozens upon dozens of high level pro leagues in the sport. And its like 50/50 white/none white, with over half of its players coming from outside of the UK and Ireland, many of those from outside of Europe.

Association football is not multicultural at the top because really only European countries are very strong right now. Some SA countries, but honestly SA countries are even falling behind. Other regions have basically never been competitive. There's so much money in association football and training and development that it's very hard for smaller and poorer nations with inferior programs to compete.

Thats because its a team sport, so a country needs to produce a consistent stream of top players to do well. In contrast 3 dudes in the UFC apparently constitutes an African takeover of MMA.

No, it's nothing but skinhead white guys, watched by people who are also skinhead white guys...

But the soccer guys pretend like Japan/Korea/Africa and tons of other countries (US, Canada, Mexico even) are competitive and love soccer. Yeah they play it because it costs nothing and it is admittedly huge, but the they are credibly "competing" at the highest levels.

As individual players yes, there are hundreds of players from outside of Europe and South America currently playing in the big 5 ie Prem, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1. But for some reason you're referencing individual fighters doing well in MMA then comparing it to entire national teams in soccer when its obvious apples to oranges.

Not to mention at this point the UFCs roster is so bloated due to the quantity of cards and wanting to break international markets that they've signed a decent percentage of the entire global pro MMA talent pool. A lot of the guys that they sign from outside the traditional MMA heartlands are the best of a domestic talent pool of maybe a few dozen people at their weight class.

Where as to quickly show MMA in the current day:

HW = Black French-African (Cameroon) Champ
LHW = Polish
MW = New Zealand by way of Nigeria
WW = Nebraska, Nigerian born
LW = Brazilian (was just a Russian-Dagestani)
FW = Aussie
BW = Russian (or black American if we count Sterling lol)
FW = Mexican

Women's recently = Brazilian, Chinese, American, Russian/South American

Ok, now imagine that MMA used some kind of team format (old M1 challenge style) so that Poland, Australia, Mexico, Nigeria etc had to field an entire teams worth of fighters to compete with Team USA, Team Russia and Team Brazil in a series. How do you think that would go?

Last edited:
No but it’s plenty diverse. If multiculturalism gets your dick hard, golf is unbelievable.

Back