Rumored Islam vs Gaethje Confirmed by Chael

I'd really like to see Justin get the belt. Hard to bet against Islam right now though.

You guys are never happy.
- Islam wants Leon Edwards bout: <BakerNo>
- Islam wants to defend against actual LW: <JerryWWF>

Idk about the guy you quoted but it's just a waste of time in that we get it he's the next guy in line but like cmon move on we know what's going to happen we aren't as interested. We don't want him to not fight Justin we just want to fast-forward to the next real threat already.

Similar to majority of Demetrious Johnsons title defenses.

It should be a fun fight whilst it lasts. Gaethje will try to flatline him or crush his legs, Islam doesn't check leg kicks so the option is there at the risk of a takedown. You would have to lean Islam but Gaethje is very dangerous.

This could really be something if it goes places and lasts longer than a round. Islam has more ways to win but Gaethje has come a long way. I like both guys a lot. I actually think it’s a legit matchup. I still need better confirmation than Chael though.

People care more about him than about Gaethje. Haven't seen a shred of evidence that Gaethje is some huge draw.
Gaethje has 2.1 million Instagram followers and a crazy amount of post-fight bonuses.

Of course Islam is more popular because he's the champion and has the Russian and Muslim fanbases.

It’s a bad move for Islam. He is no khabib. His chin cannot take a clean shot like Khabib. Justin has a very good chance here. I might bet some money this time if Islam is favored by a big margin.
I have been calling it out for a while even as an Islam fan. He has already dusted arman and Olivera who are somewhat a stylistic easy fight for him while I see Justin as his toughest test. He doesnot have the Chin not the takedowns nor the Control of Khabib. way better striker but it was those 3 things that gave Khabib the W and Islam seems to be quite behind in those when compared with Khabib. Hes also not even close to as dominant as Khabib was due to his lack of control

Is this the 3rd or 4th time that Gaethje fans will get their hearts broken.

I have been calling it out for a while even as an Islam fan. He has already dusted arman and Olivera who are somewhat a stylistic easy fight for him while I see Justin as his toughest test. He doesnot have the Chin not the takedowns nor the Control of Khabib. way better striker but it was those 3 things that gave Khabib the W and Islam seems to be quite behind in those when compared with Khabib. Hes also not even close to as dominant as Khabib was due to his lack of control
You don't need Khabib level control to SUB Gaethje on the ground. Gaethje is a white belt once you get him down. This won't be like the Volk fight in the wrestling dept.

Islam not fighting till after Ramadan

It’s not gonna get a bunch of traction, no one wants to watch Islam, and Justin isn’t able to carry Islam in this fight.

Honestly surprised UFC did this.

No one wants to watch Islam? What are you talking about?

Chael talks out of his ass a lot.

He also claimed he had a source on Islam using an IV in Perth

If it's Gaethje it's for 300. Anyone else he he fights on Saudi Card

Back