Rumored Islam vs Gaethje Confirmed by Chael

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Was watching the UFC 2023 review show released today, Chael says "Im just told that it's gonna happen" from the producers on the broadcast.

Clipped from the show:

When do you guys think its gonna happen? Saudi card, UFC 299 or 300?
How do you guys think its gonna go?

Last edited:
Was watching the UFC 2023 review show released today, Chael says "Im just told that it's gonna happen" from the producers on the broadcast.

Clipped from the show:

When do you guys think its gonna happen? Saudi card, UFC 299 or 300?
How do you guys think its gonna go?

It’s not gonna get a bunch of traction, no one wants to watch Islam, and Justin isn’t able to carry Islam in this fight.

Honestly surprised UFC did this.

Could see Justin pulling this off, he was actually doing quite a bit of dmg against Khabib with his leg kicks. And Islam don't have Khabib's ground game.
It’s a bad move for Islam. He is no khabib. His chin cannot take a clean shot like Khabib. Justin has a very good chance here. I might bet some money this time if Islam is favored by a big margin.

It’s a bad move for Islam. He is no khabib. His chin cannot take a clean shot like Khabib. Justin has a very good chance here. I might bet some money this time if Islam is favored by a big margin.

I would love to see Justin pull it off but he's not gonna be able to deal with the forward pressure.

It's always the guys who pressure him effectively who end up beating him, even if he manages to get in his own licks.

Leg kicks wont work as effective against Makhachev. He is a southpaw, which takes away the calf kick for Gaethje.

Tell that to jan blachowicz and magonedov ankalaev. In all seriousness, though, the open stance does typically defer most guys from leg kicking, but gaethje isn't most guys -- he's one of the best leg kickers we've seen in the ufc. He'll attack your legs regardless of what stance you're in. We've seen it already as he landed leg licks on MJ, Poirier, and Fiziev...all southpaws.

That said, I still don't like gaethje's chances unless he's leveled up his grappling immensely.

Last edited:
I don't trust anything from Chael but if Arman and Charles is getting booked it's the only fight to make.

Leg kicks wont work as effective against Makhachev. He is a southpaw, which takes away the calf kick for Gaethje.

Inside low kicks or lead outside leg kicks. Orthodox Manhoef obliterated southpaw Robbie’s legs from orthodox with inside low kicks.

He ended up getting knocked the fuck out but that isn’t relevant to this lol.

lol really trying to sell tickets. Justin loses on the ground obviously.

You guys are never happy.
- Islam wants Leon Edwards bout: <BakerNo>
- Islam wants to defend against actual LW: <JerryWWF>
Sorry, I was never a fan of Justin/Justin <mma1> XD

WAR ISLAM

Honestly Chael has been pretty spot on in recent months. I believe him.
This. Also, it was said on an actual UFC broadcast in an official announcement type way like the UFC prompted it not his usual ranting videos lol.

Back