• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Islam runs 5k in 18:30mins

You miss the point but hey you know what? You jsut have a +10 in sherdog mentality lvl! <BC1>
No I’m actually being objective and you are kind of being a cunt. I don’t even think Islam was bragging on this I think a fellow sherdogger thinks this is like some type of world beater time and it just isn’t. Any other emotion on the matter may be one you assumed

"for anyone who isn't a competive runner"
lmao bro he is a world class cardio machine whose entire life revolves around being one of the most physically conditioned athletes.
Again: highschoolers who aren't fully formed adults routinely hit 18:30 on variable terrain cross country races, let alone on a circular track.
Do you ever get tired of inventing reasons to hate on someone who doesn't know you exist?

To be honest this is not at all impressive if it’s not at altitude. Nathan Diaz maintained close to this pace for 5 miles
https://www.athlinks.com/event/7838/results/Event/87934/Course/125277/Entry/49988587

If at true altitude(5kft+) it is okay but apparently Dagestan is only 960m which isn’t even really going to affect much. Up above 4K there are some effects but they’re still not crazy

I would expect Islam should be able to run mid to Low 17s if he expects to have 25 minute cardio.

Suddenly everyone is a runner or knows one…..

I work in the field of sports performance among other wellness related things: a sub-20min 5k run is very fast for an athlete who dedicates most of his training time not to running.

I repeat, very fast.

Yes, there are high school seniors specialized in running disciplines who would beat him easily. There are also older people with competitive running as their main hobby who could beat him. Obviously any professional distance runner would beat him.

But anyone else, meaning 99% of the population, would be around the same time (pro athletes) or much slower.

To put it into context, in real life if you run 5k under 25min you’ll be faster than just about everyone at your local gym or amateur martial arts club.

Suddenly everyone is a runner or knows one…..

I work in the field of sports performance among other wellness related things: a sub-20min 5k run is very fast for an athlete who dedicates most of his training time not to running.

I repeat, very fast.

Yes, there are high school seniors specialized in running disciplines who would beat him easily. There are also older people with competitive running as their main hobby who could beat him. Obviously any professional distance runner would beat him.

But anyone else, meaning 99% of the population, would be around the same time (pro athletes) or much slower.

To put it into context, in real life if you run 5k under 25min you’ll be faster than just about everyone at your local gym or amateur martial arts club.

Boss he needs to have the ability to push a pace for 25 mins.

99% of sub elite soccer players will run faster than this with ease. His 5k time wouldn’t make a varsity hs team

Boss he needs to have the ability to push a pace for 25 mins.

99% of sub elite soccer players will run faster than this with ease. His 5k time wouldn’t make a varsity hs team

Soccer, a sport where the main athletic skill is running…..

Also please note that steady state cardio such as running 5k is a good general foundation but doesn’t mimic a 25m fight, that’s why sport specific cardio from sparring/wrestling as well as sprints and other high intensity drills are so important.

A pro marathon runner has insane cardio but would likely be exhausted fighting after 1 round, whillst a pro fighter would not keep up with him running 1k let alone 42k. Different uses of the body.

To be honest this is not at all impressive if it’s not at altitude. Nathan Diaz maintained close to this pace for 5 miles
https://www.athlinks.com/event/7838/results/Event/87934/Course/125277/Entry/49988587

If at true altitude(5kft+) it is okay but apparently Dagestan is only 960m which isn’t even really going to affect much. Up above 4K there are some effects but they’re still not crazy

I would expect Islam should be able to run mid to Low 17s if he expects to have 25 minute cardio.

6:47 and 5:58 are not even remotely "close." You probably shouldn't bring that up if you're trying to make an argument against Makhachev's time.

In general, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Not impressed. Jon Jones used to run it in 12 mins whenever the USADA inspectors came to
Jackson’s

"for anyone who isn't a competive runner"
lmao bro he is a world class cardio machine whose entire life revolves around being one of the most physically conditioned athletes.
Again: highschoolers who aren't fully formed adults routinely hit 18:30 on variable terrain cross country races, let alone on a circular track.

Imagine being this dense. Just because there are high school girls who can hit this doesn't mean it's not impressive, especially for a combat sports athlete who focuses on other training and Islam is a like 180 in his everyday life. I remember when they had the TUF coaches challenge between Gastelum and Whittaker and I wanna say Kelvin was dead after just a few 8-10 minute miles.

Thats like saying because there are highschool football players who can squat 600 pounds, anyone who does less is just unathletic.

Imagine being this dense. Just because there are high school girls who can hit this doesn't mean it's not impressive, especially for a combat sports athlete who focuses on other training and Islam is a like 180 in his everyday life. I remember when they had the TUF coaches challenge between Gastelum and Whittaker and I wanna say Kelvin was dead after just a few 8-10 minute miles.

Thats like saying because there are highschool football players who can squat 600 pounds, anyone who does less is just unathletic.
lmaoooo
Calls me dense then tries to compare Islam to Kelvin Gastelum.
Holy shit.
Seriously the funniest shit I've read today.
Nowhere did I say Islam was unathletic.

To get 100% in the Marine Corps physical fitness standards tests you need to run it in 18

that's a flat 3 miles not 3.1.
So that's definitely fast but also completely believable

In the army, they run 2 miles and to max it you need to get 13 minutes

i've seen guys do it in less than 11 minutes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back