Media Islam Makhachaev had to choose between these two fighters.

200.gif

Nothing to cry about lol, Islam is ranked #10, soon will be higher and will be a fighting for the title in 2022.

Just pointing out your stupidity with the "pullout merchant" post which I admit is entertaining to read.

He’s not the one refusing to fight because of « politics »

You sure? He's refused to fight for plenty of different reasons, including pulling out of fights without disclosing the reason.

He's good. Real good. But the way he has handled his career will hold him back long term. Makhachev pulls out of too many fights and is too inactive otherwise to complain about fighters ducking him. Signing to fight him means losing the better part of a year.

Nobody wants to fight down. Especially Hooker. That guy thinks he deserves a TS. So good luck there. And Felder is all but retired these days. Nobody above Islam is going to sign to fight a pullout merchant. He’s got nobody to blame but himself.

I think you're right about what Hooker thinks, but Dan is wrong to think that. He's currently overranked, and he needs a win over a guy like Makhachev to prove he is still a top ten fighter.

I think you're right about what Hooker thinks, but Dan is wrong to think that. He's currently overranked, and he needs a win over a guy like Makhachev to prove he is still a top ten fighter.
Trust me.. I know this, and can’t really stand that Hooker guy. But that is the way his mind works.

We can agree to disagree on this but I think there's value in discussing ways to make the sport more equitable even if the UFC will never take the steps. Gives anybody less informed who might happen to be reading some perspective.
i'd think part of the problem is the ufc can't put too much contractual rules around the rankings because it puts too much real power into random media voters as well as the whole ranking process.

Fiziev is a dangerous man. Moises is the obvious choice.

Fiziev strikes me as the man to end Conor’s career, if ever they were to fight. Defo top 5 material, possibly future world champion, time will tell

I like Hooker but I hate how he thinks he only deserves to fight up , especially when he was #15 when he fought #6 Iaquinta.

Dan Hooker finished Pearson, Diakiese, Jim Miller, Gilbert Burns, and James Vick to get a ranked opponent.

Makhchev's has had 8 UFC fights and only 2 of them are left in the UFC. 3 of his wins have since retired from the sport completely. This guy has done absolutely nothing in the UFC. He's calling out Paul Felder trying to get more easy retirees? Fuck Makhachev, I wouldn't fight him either. All risk, 0 reward.

Dan Hooker finished Pearson, Diakiese, Jim Miller, Gilbert Burns, and James Vick to get a ranked opponent.

Makhchev's has had 8 UFC fights and only 2 of them are left in the UFC. 3 of his wins have since retired from the sport completely. This guy has done absolutely nothing in the UFC. He's calling out Paul Felder trying to get more easy retirees? Fuck Makhachev, I wouldn't fight him either. All risk, 0 reward.

He recently called out RDA, Hooker and Felder because they didn't have fights lined up.

Shortly before that he's called out Chadler, Tony, and Oliveira (before they got booked)

Lol @ he's only calling out retirees :rolleyes:

you don't think the media outlets they say are voting are actually voting?
I think they vote but the promotion has final say in what the rankings look like. Ever noticed that the promotion's narrative always matches up with the rankings? There's no way it would be perfectly in line with what the UFC wants every time if they were legitimate media rankings.

I think they vote but the promotion has final say in what the rankings look like. Ever noticed that the promotion's narrative always matches up with the rankings? There's no way it would be perfectly in line with what the UFC wants every time if they were legitimate media rankings.
no, i haven't noticed that. it's never perfectly in line.

Dan Hooker come to UFC with 5 loses.... Then he lost his second UFC fight. What do you expect?

Then he got finished by Edson Barboza in the middle of these fights that you talk about, you forgot to mention.

Islam has 7 fights win streak right now, and he has only 1 lose in his entire career, which happened via lucky punch in the first round before he could get into the fight.

Now Dan Hooker has 2 lose streak against non-champion opponents, and he refuses a ranked opponent to fight? Ridiculous.

Same with Paul Felder, he also has 2 lose streak against non-champion opponents, he shouldn't be in a position of refusing a ranked opponent.

no, i haven't noticed that. it's never perfectly in line.
Okay, maybe not perfectly in line I'll concede I was a bit strong with that wording but certainly enough in line with what they want to do, who they want to push etc.There are tons of examples of this. The promotion has the final say and you see as much in the rankings. The same thing is true of Bellator's new rankings even if I am a Bellator fan for what that's worth.

Fiziev would have been the far more interesting fight. Islam will just replicate what Dariush did to moises : 13 minutes of smothering.
This. Out of the two he choose the stylistically easier matchup and still people are praising him for it.

Back