Media Islam Makhachaev had to choose between these two fighters.

Hooker said the only two fights that male sense for him are RDA and Gaethje lol, if he got offered one of those two in July I doubt he'd say he wants more time with his family.
I am saying if he has to do all that,it better be worth it. Id feel the same fuckin way. The covid restrictions hes got to endure is nuts.

I don't have any problem per say with guys turning fights down. They're independent contractors, life happens, nagging injuries a constant etc. What I have a problem with is guys turning fights down against certain guys because they think they'll lose and don't want to lose their spot in the rankings. To me that's total BS.

I say create some sort of rule that says if you turn down a fight against a lower ranked opponent more then once you drop in the rankings, something to that affect anyway.
I agree

Rda iirc already had the surgery and said he'd be ready by July.

Hooker said he wanted a fight in June.

Felder is Felder lol. Who openly admitted he didn't want to fight Islam.[/QUOTEt]

Hooker has ducked Islam for years now so this not surprising, RDA thinks he should fight for the title. Ridiculous

Nobody wants to fight down. Especially Hooker. That guy thinks he deserves a TS. So good luck there. And Felder is all but retired these days. Nobody above Islam is going to sign to fight a pullout merchant. He’s got nobody to blame but himself.

lol ufc will never make a rule they have no intentions of enforcing when it doesnt suit them.
I mean, fair enough but that doesn't change the fact it affects guys like Islam's careers in a significantly negative fashion.

I mean, fair enough but that doesn't change the fact it affects guys like Islam's careers in a significantly negative fashion.
Sure. I dont argue that point. I just never bother thinking about the UFC doing something that they never will. If they could do this with less rules,they would.

Islam’s problem is also the fact that right now all the top 10 is booked and I doubt any of them would be up for a quick turn around for July. Only three are free and they won’t fight because « reasons ».

Islam’s problem is also the fact that right now all the top 10 is booked and I doubt any of them would be up for a quick turn around for July. Only three are free and they won’t fight because « reasons ».
You think Tony would fight Islam if he wins/losses?

I think Ferguson is the only one thats fights everybody.

Sure. I dont argue that point. I just never bother thinking about the UFC doing something that they never will. If they could do this with less rules,they would.
We can agree to disagree on this but I think there's value in discussing ways to make the sport more equitable even if the UFC will never take the steps. Gives anybody less informed who might happen to be reading some perspective.

Nobody wants to fight down. Especially Hooker. That guy thinks he deserves a TS. So good luck there. And Felder is all but retired these days. Nobody above Islam is going to sign to fight a pullout merchant. He’s got nobody to blame but himself.

No UFC fighters use the "pullout merchant" excuse except some shertards. Felder, Hooker and RDA each gave reasons for not wanting to fight Islam and "pulling out" isn't one of them.

Islam is proving that he's unlike the other top 10 divas in that he's willing to fight down to stay active.

He's a top 10 himself and just accepted to fight an unranked guy

Yeah.... they don't want to fight him because he pulls out of too many fights.

No UFC fighters use the "pullout merchant" excuse except some shertards. Felder, Hooker and RDA each gave reasons for not wanting to fight Islam and "pulling out" isn't one of them.

Islam is proving that he's unlike the other top 10 divas in that he's willing to fight down to stay active.

He's a top 10 himself and just accepted to fight an unranked guy
200.gif

Back