Media Islam Makhachaev had to choose between these two fighters.

Yeah and Islam had an infection, having covid is more worthy of pulling out than having mumps ?

Who cares? The point stands, RDA signed a contract to fight him, twice. This flat out refutes the notion that name fighters don't want to fight him. Its complete bullshit.

And no he didnt pull out of 5 fights, fights were cancelled Islam was the reason of it like three times

OK so lets even call it 3, the combination of pulling out of multiple fights and not being ranked doesn't really make guys ranked above you want to go out of their way for you.

It is also common sense the guy getting knocked out early in his UFC run is going to take longer to build up.

Islam looks awesome and ultimately he's going to be fighting top 5 opponents.

i dont understand why people dont want to fight him are they scared ?

he got lot of declined fights i think ufc is not interessted they want show not perfomance they know he could be lot of top guys

Who cares? The point stands, RDA signed a contract to fight him, twice. This flat out refutes the notion that name fighters don't want to fight him. Its complete bullshit.

Then why he refused to sign for the 3rd time? They were 1-1 in pull outs, so why suddenly RDA decided that he does not want to fight Islam anymore?

i dont understand why people dont want to fight him are they scared ?

he got lot of declined fights i think ufc is not interessted they want show not perfomance they know he could be lot of top guys

Obviously they scared. He is a hell of a fighter without name value, so fighters have nothing to win and everything to lose if they fight him.

"Gaethje is a D1 wrestler, if he can prevent the takedown he will be dangerous for Khabib on the feet."

"Dober has improved takedown defence and proven KO power, if he can prevent the takedown he can hurt Islam"

We saw how the above fights went yet some sherdoggers have a hardon thinking Giziev will challenge Islam's takedowns?

Repeating the same thing again and again but expecting a different result?

As for Fizievs grappling, i would be very surprised if its bad. He apparently trained Sambo, BJJ and wrestling as a teenager and his Head Coach is George Hickman. So his grappling should be decent.
If its enough for Islam would be the interesting part about this fight.

Bro Islam did Giziev's career a favor by not preying on him for his next fight. You need more than "decent" and "not bad" grappling to stand a chance against an elite fighter like Islam.

Craziest thing is I've seen people claim Grundy won... Lando used him as a heavy bag. Strikes were 80-32 for Lando, do people really put that much stock in failed td attempts or do they just not like Lando?

Craziest thing is I've seen people claim Grundy won... Lando used him as a heavy bag. Strikes were 80-32 for Lando, do people really put that much stock in failed td attempts or do they just not like Lando?

Where does Islam fall into all this?

Bro Islam did Giziev's career a favor by not preying on him for his next fight. You need more than "decent" and "not bad" grappling to stand a chance against an elite fighter like Islam.
Ah sorry forgot that Fiziev isnt an elite fighter...
But cool that Islam does other peoples career a favor, because he really isnt doing his own one a favor the last 4 years.
Beating Drew Dober definetly does justify the arrogance his fans show lol.

Back