Media Islam Makhachaev had to choose between these two fighters.

Lol so you aren't critical of Felder or Hooker for refusing to fight Islam, a guy very close to them in rankings, but you're critical of Islam who accepted a fight against an unranked fighter just because YOU think another unranked fighter is stylistically tougher.

It's funny when you guys don't even try to hide your haterism
What? I said in different posts that its a disgrace that Felder and Hooker are blatantly ducking. I also think he deserves a top 10 fight. I Just find its incredibly weird that Islam is casually talking about "picking" out of two options. And yes i think he picked the easier fight for whatever reason.

The can crusher picked the easier fight

Shocking

Fiziev is a tough fight.

Hooker,rda, or Felder were reasonable choices. IDK why the ufc didn't force these guys too fight. 2 of them have said they wanted to fight in June or July

RDA was the obvious choice with his grappling chops and experience. Definitely the guy to put Islam into relevance. Both of those strikers would have had people just saying it was obvious if he won.

I like Hooker but I hate how he thinks he only deserves to fight up , especially when he was #15 when he fought #6 Iaquinta.

He just doesn’t want islam. he needs a showcase fight to boost his shit back up.

Because hooker is ducking, Felder is practically retired and RDA is having surgery and thinks he should fight for the title. And you can’t force guys to fight.
I don’t blame Felder because he’s mentally not in the game anymore as he’s admitted, and I kinda give RDA a pass cause he’s always fought killers, he deserves to be picky in his old age, but fuck Dan Hooker.

If no top guy wants to face him this is prolonging that problem. Wonder how they'll handle it. It is a incentive thing. Looking at Zabit's situation Islam will likely get another guy like Moises next or sit out. It does suck. He's the most likely to become champ outside the top 5.

I don't think the UFC can actually force anyone to fight a specific opponent. I mean, they CAN but it’s rare. The closest time i can think of was the Edwards/Khamzat situation but Khamzat had a shit ton of hype behind him. Islam not so much.
they cut JDS for refusing to fight Tybura coming off 3 straight KOs in a year...

We're only getting one side of the story and it's probably coming from Ali.

At this point, I'll just watch the fight.

you don't think the media outlets they say are voting are actually voting?
Doesn’t the UFC actually send these clowns guidelines every week more or less instructing them to vote a certain way? I read that somewhere. How do you explain Ortega sitting out 2 years, and not losing his ranking? Or how the fuck Conor is ranked after no wins in almost 5 years? Come on.

I don't think the UFC can actually force anyone to fight a specific opponent. I mean, they CAN but it’s rare. The closest time i can think of was the Edwards/Khamzat situation but Khamzat had a shit ton of hype behind him. Islam not so much.
tell that to bader in the rumble fight lol

He pulled out of more than three fights of course. But even if we accept these excuses, isn't three already a lot? I think you and I agree that Makhachev is a fine fighter with a lot of potential, even champ potential. But he is blaming others for his career being stalled, and I think he should take more responsibility.

He did pull out of those 3 fights of his own will, the rest were not his fault, as I said. I stand corrected and I dont see why he should take responsability for fights that didnt happen because they were not supposed to. Fights get made and cancelled all the time, for various reasons. I want to see him fight, but if the reasons are legit then so be it, I am not going to start calling fighters names because I am butthurt for fights that didnt happen.

cody jumped 4 spots after his win, to 5th. pedro stayed at 7.

aldo being ranked at bw after a debated decision against the #1 contender does make sense and isn't exactly a good example. he was ranked 8th. it's not like he was top 5 even when he fought for the title.

and no, it's not yes every time.

look, there's a class action lawsuit. if the ufc was manipulating rankings it would be part of the subpoenaed information. it would be a helpful piece of information for the plaintiffs.
I can't find it anywhere but I'm sure I read something (more recently then 2013) that says the promotion has final say in the rankings. To me that makes compete and total sense. I'm not a legal guy so could that explain why it wasn't subpoenaed? If it's not secret because it's in the fine print is there a need to subpoena it? Asking that in earnest.

With everything we've seen from the UFC over the years I just have major trouble believing that they'd leave something as widely discussed, speculated on and important as their rankings entirely to an independent panel. It just doesn't mesh with what we know about their corporate philosophy. To me the examples help confirm it, not prove it outright.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2018...nkings-ronda-rousey-privilege-twitter-mailbag

This is the best thing I could find.

Also, here’s where you might ask why most major MMA media outlets don’t participate. The short answer is that there are a lot of things about the way the UFC’s rankings work that should (and did) make media members uncomfortable.

The UFC decides what fighters are eligible to be ranked. It has removed fighters from that list when it gets frustrated with them. It has simply declined to offer rankings in one other division.

The whole thing essentially boils down to the UFC asking media members to provide content that it assumes total control of, that it reserves the right to manipulate, and that it will use on broadcasts and even in contract negotiations.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/6/...receives-suggestions-shane-burgos-josh-emmett

There's also this. I know they're just suggestions, I get that but if panel members need suggestions on how to rank fighters are they actually qualified as panelists? Or are they puppets doing the UFC's bidding for them?

I’d love to see the fiziev fight but it would be silly to match those guys up at this point in time.

but it would be awesome. I’d take Islam.

I can't find it anywhere but I'm sure I read something (more recently then 2013) that says the promotion has final say in the rankings. To me that makes compete and total sense. I'm not a legal guy so could that explain why it wasn't subpoenaed? If it's not secret because it's in the fine print is there a need to subpoena it? Asking that in earnest.

With everything we've seen from the UFC over the years I just have major trouble believing that they'd leave something as widely discussed, speculated on and important as their rankings entirely to an independent panel. It just doesn't mesh with what we know about their corporate philosophy. To me the examples help confirm it, not prove it outright.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2018...nkings-ronda-rousey-privilege-twitter-mailbag

This is the best thing I could find.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/6/...receives-suggestions-shane-burgos-josh-emmett

There's also this. I know they're just suggestions, I get that but if panel members need suggestions on how to rank fighters are they actually qualified as panelists? Or are they puppets doing the UFC's bidding for them?
take this for what its worth as well...:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/7/...nel-a-closer-look-at-the-ufcs-rankings-system

Doesn’t the UFC actually send these clowns guidelines every week more or less instructing them to vote a certain way? I read that somewhere. How do you explain Ortega sitting out 2 years, and not losing his ranking? Or how the fuck Conor is ranked after no wins in almost 5 years? Come on.
no, it's from a 3rd party, not the ufc. read the linked article above.

At least Felder publicly admits that he ducks Islam.

It seems like this was why UFC moved Islam up from 11th to 10th rank recently.

When there's a new champ this weekend everyone will move up one spot, and after Islam wins in July he'll move up 2-3 more spots (definitely past Felder and Hooker).

With a 6th or 7th rank next to his name he'll be one win away from a TS. By then he'll be on a 9 fight win streak
Top 10 with zero top 15 wins lol. And people say Conor was gifted rank

At least Felder publicly admits that he ducks Islam.

It seems like this was why UFC moved Islam up from 11th to 10th rank recently.

When there's a new champ this weekend everyone will move up one spot, and after Islam wins in July he'll move up 2-3 more spots (definitely past Felder and Hooker).

With a 6th or 7th rank next to his name he'll be one win away from a TS. By then he'll be on a 9 fight win streak
This + then he likely fights either loser of Chandler/Charles, loser of Dustin/Conor, or winner of Tony/Dariush. With a win against whoever that is he's on a 10 fight streak and gets a title shot.

That's 7 LW wins in the same timeframe as Conor won zero lol

Or maybe Conor had 1 LW win against shot Cowboy in the same timeframe...can't recall if that was at LW or WW
So if Conor had 7 wins against guys outside with the top 15 you'd be happy? Lolol. You're a lil bitch just like khabib after khadyrov called him out for getting gifted path by the UFC

Back