Is Vitor Belfort HOF worthy ?

Calling him a UFC champ is a joke, his title win was a fluke cut. And all of those big names you listed, save for Rich and a young Wand, he lost to. Looking at the rest of the thread I guess I'm "that asshole" but it's the truth.

I said basically the same thing. But people only remember the Vitor that Blitzed Tank and not that he usually chokes and loses.

Not on achievements alone deffinately not. But the UFC HOF isn't based on achievements alone. It is a strange mix of achievements, Input into the sport ie helped it grow its image put it on the map etc and wether or not Dana and Co like you.

He pretty much ticks all those boxes so I would say yes.

Shrug the UFC HOF losses alot of credibility by not making its self a MMA HOF (a HOF with no Fedor or Saku is a sham)

Victors record is good because of the quality he faced? Yet Michael Bisping is a can crusher because of his padded record?

I fucking hate sherdog logic sometimes.

Btw he diddnt beat randy his Glove seam did. No one with even a smidgen of unbiased credibility would say Vitor legit won that championship.

Vitor - 21 W 10 L
Randy - 19 W 11 L

Vitor's record is better, numerically, than Randy's. Are you saying Randy shouldn't be a HOF'er either?

Randy beat Vitor twice and fought the best he could (Machida is hardly an ideal retirement fight) Vitor has a good record but he was never at Randys level (except for when he lost that bs decision to Tito in 2004)

Definitely.

Randy beat Vitor twice and fought the best he could (Machida is hardly an ideal retirement fight) Vitor has a good record but he was never at Randys level (except for when he lost that bs decision to Tito in 2004)

Hard to compare records, so I won't bother. But Vitor's been in the UFC since the early days, won a belt, and is still active at a high level. That deserves recognition.

Besides, some fucking guy who made T-shirts and called himself "Mask" is in the HOF, so obviously the sole criterion for entry is not based on fight record.

Hard to compare records, so I won't bother. But Vitor's been in the UFC since the early days, won a belt, and is still active at a high level. That deserves recognition.

Besides, some fucking guy who made T-shirts and called himself "Mask" is in the HOF, so obviously the sole criterion for entry is not based on fight record.

This!

Absolutely without question, he is such an amazing talent, hard worker, and honorable itelligent representative of the UFC and mma. Had he not lost his sister in such long uneasy manner I wouldve loved to seen how his career turned. On his way back to a title shot after so many years its unbelievable hes still at this level and so scary.

war VITOR

If Vitor prevents us from having to sit through the UFC trying to promote Andy vs. Bisping I will petition for him to be put on Mount Rushmore.

if we are talking about a legit HOF, probably not. Belfort was heavily hyped at the beginning of his career. But, as others have pointed out, he has generally lost to all the top fighters who he has been matched with. Best wins are likely Wandy and Franklin (I am not counting the bizarre eye cut fight with Randy). Lost to Randy (x2) Chuck, Tito, Silva, Saku, Reem (I think twice but I may be confused on that one), Jones.

The only way he gets in IMO is "legend status" (e.g. he won one of the early UFC tournaments) and longevity (he started early and has been considered a dangerous opponent for a long time)

Vitor Belfort deserves a spot in the hall of fame, very few fighters have managed to stay relevant as long as Vitor has. He's in elite company.

I hope to see him pick up a couple more significant wins before his career is over, there is no question about the fact this guy is something very special.

Agreed. You can nit pick anyone's record. Hell, just look at Anderson Silva's losses in PRIDE. Pretty embarrassing.

Back