Is Vitor Belfort HOF worthy ?

I read somewhere recently that he's been top ten for like 8 years or something crazy like that. I have no idea if its true, but the fact that it sounds believable, even if its not, speaks for itself. He's only lost to champions and future champions (Overeem :p).

Yes. He should definitely be in there.

- Fought his first fight in the UFC in 1997 as a 19 years old and was one of the most recognized face of that time

- UFC 12 HW tournament winner

- Former UFC LHW Champion

- His style was one of the most exciting to watch (and still is until he gasses or fade out)

- Fought many HOFers (and future) and great names (Chuck , Randy , Tito , Wand , Hendo , Anderson , Ace , Jones)

Not everyone may agree but imho he should absolutely be in. I know he acc

Discuss
he was never #1, always alot of potential, sure hof f

For sure. I don't really believe he has anything left to accomplish that holds him back from the HOF. Plus, I think Dana said himself that he intended to induct a few fighters, Vitor being one on his list.

Definetly. Dude was barely in his 20s and already a ufc legend

imean he is a legend for what he accomplished early in the sports history but he has lost every single big fight he was ever in aside from the 2nd randy fight and the Rich Franklin fight. he has literally lost to every single top level guy he has ever faced. How the hell is that HOF worthy?

I'm a Vitor fan but I'll play devils advocate here. Still relevant after many years yes, but who has he ever beaten? He lost all/most of his big fights. If staying relevant is the only factor, many new hall of famers to come.

imean he is a legend for what he accomplished early in the sports history but he has lost every single big fight he was ever in aside from the 2nd randy fight and the Rich Franklin fight. he has literally lost to every single top level guy he has ever faced. How the hell is that HOF worthy?[/QUOTE

Women and gentlemen and that came from a man nicknamed as BJpen GOAT... lol

He's a former champion and owns victories over several future-HOFers. That's enough for me.

imean he is a legend for what he accomplished early in the sports history but he has lost every single big fight he was ever in aside from the 2nd randy fight and the Rich Franklin fight. he has literally lost to every single top level guy he has ever faced. How the hell is that HOF worthy?[/QUOTE

Women and gentlemen and that came from a man nicknamed as BJpen GOAT... lol

woman and gentleman all your bases are belong to us.

Probably, wasn't he 19 years old when he won a UFC tournament?

With the people who are currently in it, no. If the UFC wasn't so stingy with who was in it, maybe. But I think there's a LOT of fighters much more worthy.

I'm glad to see lots of posters giving vitor his dues. Put him in the hall of fame.

fuck no.

-He was never the LHW champion legitimately
-He won a tourney against a guy who had never fought mma prior to that night
-He lost EVERY single big fight hes ever been in (being in the cage with great fighters does not go on his resume if he got his ass kicked)
-Wins via illegal strikes/shady ref/bs decisions far too often. Not saying hes a dirty fighter, but i'm not not saying hes not a dirty fighter.

Biggest choke artist in mma history. Kendall Grove is more accomplished

Vitor Belfort is the Craig Biggio of MMA. lol

I vote yes. I like Vitor.

no. he has a terrible record.

Bullshit. His record is decent considering the quality of opposition he has faced. In answer to OP, without a doubt, he was super famous and still one of the youngest, if not the youngest, champions the UFC has ever had.

Calling him a UFC champ is a joke, his title win was a fluke cut. And all of those big names you listed, save for Rich and a young Wand, he lost to. Looking at the rest of the thread I guess I'm "that asshole" but it's the truth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back