Is Vitor Belfort HOF worthy ?

Vitor Belfort has never accomplished anything of note in MMA.

His Pride career was an absolute train wreck, too.

Get a few big wins and I say yes

Still top 10 in his weight class nearly 16 years after his UFC debut. That's good enough for me.

Winning answer right heah!

I think his style and skill has to count as well. After all these years he still has to be one of the best-rounded fighters out there.

Great boxing, good wrestling, good jiu jitsu.

Plus, the way that he wins is also one of the most exciting in MMA history. He, Wanderlei and Cro Cop just blitz their opponents in a way that leaves you with your jaw open.

If you look at other Pro Sports HOF, its not really about the personal achievements of an athlete but more on his contribution to the sports. This fits Vitor well. Though he never really legitimately won the LHW title, but he still won a UFC tournament. Aside from that, Vitor is one of the few who is still relevant up to this time. Maybe he is the longest relevant fighter today, I cant think of any other fighter in his era that is still in the Top 10. Plus he is the face of UFC before the Dark Ages and he is one most recognizable fighter of all time. And I believe he is one of the most influential fighters out there. He revolutionized MMA by being one the legit BJJ blackbelts who is more famous in his striking abilities than his grappling prowess.

How many people that started in 1996 can still claim to be top 5 of their class? Only Hendo can demonstrates similar longevity.

Yes, for sure. Vitor Belfort has accomplished a lot in MMA and has helped the sport a great deal.

Good post, UchihaMadara. I agree 100%.

I read somewhere recently that he's been top ten for like 8 years or something crazy like that. I have no idea if its true, but the fact that it sounds believable, even if its not, speaks for itself. He's only lost to champions and future champions (Overeem :p).

Yes. He should definitely be in there.
What is Belfort's legacy? Losing the big fights, wilting when it counted most. That is not HOF worthy. Not by a long shot. No disrespect, but the HOF should a more exclusive group than that. *Shrug*

He is not one of my fav's but to say he is not HOF worthy would be pretty tough to convince me.

Let's list his significant wins (pref top 10)
:eek:

For sure.

To remain at the top for THAT long, incredible.

Interesting to see though, that he lost nearly all fights against HOF'ers.

Back