Is Usyk the greatest road performer in boxing history?

Not sure if it’s the greatest or not but it’s great. I love fighters like these, they don’t have a home where they can host fights for big numbers so even when they are the #1 guy they still have to settle for the hometown of the guy they are fighting against.

hopefully after this he can make his fighting home in a more neutral place like Vegas and start getting some real stardom and fans along with it. I think this guy has all the makings of a serious superstar

I'd say it only really matters when you're not heavily favored. Did anyone expect him to lose to Bellew, homecourt advantage or not?
The cruiser tourney wins and the Joshua fight, sure. Not Bellew and Chisora.

I mean, he has a varied record of opponents in their backyards, but likely not even close, lol.

You could create a list of Americans that Pac fought in the US that would dwarf this, in all likelihood.

I think he does it on purpose too. I remember they tried to stage the Gassiev undisputed fight in Saudi Arabia and when the russians said they'll give anything to make it in their soil he didn't think twice.

As for the greatest in history IDK I'm trying to say NO but I can't find a name, I guess there are plenty eastern European stars who fought mostly overseas. Ali fought Mildenberger in Germany, a swiss guy in Switzerland and Henry Cooper twice in London, Brian London in London and Chuvalo in Toronto, Canada but obviously it's not a tremendous run considering the opposition.

Pacquiao?

You could create a list of Americans that Pac fought in the US that would dwarf this, in all likelihood.

Canelo. Hasn't fought in Mexico in years. He has more wins outside Mexico than Usyk has fights.
Canelo wins again.

Basically any P4P level fighter who wasn't american in the past 50 years, really.

He fought near all his in America and Vegas in particular. I think we are talking going to their home turf and taking their belts.
That’d be like Pacquiao fighting in Mexico, the UK, South Africa, Ghana etc etc

Canelo, same thing.

He fought near all his in America and Vegas in particular. I think we are talking going to their home turf and taking their belts.
That’d be like Pacquiao fighting in Mexico, the UK, South Africa, Ghana etc etc

Canelo, same thing.
He fought lots of Americans in the US though.

I like how you stick to your M.O of being purposely obtuse.

<JackieThumbsUp>
Please don't start discussions if you're just going to be a snide cock when you're not right. Tired of wasting my time with this shit. If you don't want to talk boxing, don't quote me and don't make posts for people to respond to. This is kind of what this forum is supposed to be, its not a fan club.

He’s sure fought a lot of elite fighters on enemy territory (as opposed to neutral ground).

Hes had a good stretch where he fought the other guy in his home country. Hes 11-0 outside of the Ukraine.
Joshua-Usyk II? Anyone know where it will be held?

Hes had a good stretch where he fought the other guy in his home country. Hes 11-0 outside of the Ukraine.
Joshua-Usyk II? Anyone know where it will be held?

Where the money is. Likely the UK.

That truly is amazing!!! No one else has a record anywhere near this on the road. Usyk is a very rare breed and special fighter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back