Is UFC Fight Night 31 - Fight for the troops 3 the worst UFC card ever ?

Jorge Masvidal vs Rustam Khabilov
Liz Carmouche vs Alexis Davis
James Krause vs Bobby Green
Lorenz Larkin vs Chris Camozzi
Steve Siler vs Dennis Bermudez
George Roop vs Francisco Rivera
Yoel Romero Palacio vs Ronny Markes
Neil Magny vs Seth Baczynski
Colton Smith vs Michael Chiesa
Yves Edwards vs Yancy Maderios

As far as match ups go. I'm looking forward to Masvidal/Rustam, Krause/Green, Siler/Bermudez, and Roop/Rivera. All have good potential.

Always interested in seeing Larkin, Romero, and Edwards fight regardless of match ups.

For a free card(it's free right?) it's not half bad.

There have been worse Brazil cards on paper imo and I still gave those a chance.

Problem is, I don't even think this card has 1 good fight.

FREE or not, it's still garbage.

if that is your opinion, then OK whatever. i personally like 4 fights on this card, so i'm fine with it.

and with the amount of cards around this one, you can't expect miracles.

Edit: wholly shit i didn't realise the amount of cards around this one. 5 cards in one month......

They all have potential to be exciting. You can't stack every card with big names.

Not even close. If you want a bad card, go back to Coleman/Couture, the whole card was garbage.

I always enjoy watching Edwards fight, true vet in the sport. Seth/Magny should be fun, Yoel coming back after his devastating KO to Starkes is fighting. Roop/Rivera is a fight I'm looking forward to, Rivera is an animal. Bermudez is fighting who's just coming off arguably FOTY against Siler, who just KO'd Mike Brown. Good to see Larkin fight again, and hopefully he pulls it off. Bobby Green is always exciting, should be a good fight. Two ladies scrapping should be fun then Khabilov slamming Masvidal and then the main event, a fucking good night of scraps.

Do not know what the TS is complaining about TBH.

Then don't fucking watch it. What is so hard for you to understand about this? I'm sure Dana White and the UFC don't lose sleep because one dude on Sherdog slated their lineup for a free card, with no live gate and no revenue streams coming in. It's purely a charity card. Dudes are getting paid, nobody is paying to see the fights.

And you wanna know which cards have been worse? Any card in Australia ever, most of the UK cards, Macao... seriously? Plenty. You will be watching the card come fight night, or you won't. And not a single fuck will be given either way. Nobody cares and this was definitely not worth a thread and certainly not a poll in said thread as well. Ridiculous, histrionic, bullshit.

I'm sure some of these fights will turn out great but yeah name wise this is poor.

This isn't a card that's gonna be pulling huge ratings.

I'm sure the UFC will somehow try fudge the numbers.

Imagine this wasn't a fight for the troops card, ZUFFA wouldn't even be able to give the tickets away to try fill the arena.

At least we actually know who the fighters are. Most of the lower end brazil cards 80% of the people are making their debut. No way its the worse

Then don't fucking watch it. What is so hard for you to understand about this? I'm sure Dana White and the UFC don't lose sleep because one dude on Sherdog slated their lineup for a free card, with no live gate and no revenue streams coming in. It's purely a charity card. Dudes are getting paid, nobody is paying to see the fights.

And you wanna know which cards have been worse? Any card in Australia ever, most of the UK cards, Macao... seriously? Plenty. You will be watching the card come fight night, or you won't. And not a single fuck will be given either way. Nobody cares and this was definitely not worth a thread and certainly not a poll in said thread as well. Ridiculous, histrionic, bullshit.

It's just not a good look for ZUFFA & co to put free cards like this out to the public with such no name guys.
An entire card with no title ramifications. No ranked fighters.

& you are happy about this ? LMFAO.

Weak main event but some decent fighters on it. Def not a great card but Liz, Rustam/Masvidal is awesome. Yoel/Markes.

Its a free card on a Wed for the troops, hard to complain, free for fans on tv and free for the troops plus they are raising money for the troops.

It's just not a good look for ZUFFA & co to put free cards like this out to the public with such no name guys.
An entire card with no title ramifications. No ranked fighters.

& you are happy about this ? LMFAO.

Why? So the UFc cant put out a card on a Wed with some up and coming fighters?

I guess Golden Boy shouldnt be putting on free prospect cards on FS1 cause its not a good look.

Dont watch it then. Its not a PPV, its not costing anyone a cent to attend or watch this event.

what do you expect? It's a fight for the troops. If I'm not mistaken, the whole crowd is going to be soldiers and the tickets are free. The UFC is making $0 on the gate. They're not going to waste big or even remotely decent fights on this card.

Why? So the UFc cant put out a card on a Wed with some up and coming fighters?

I guess Golden Boy shouldnt be putting on free prospect cards on FS1 cause its not a good look.

Dont watch it then. Its not a PPV, its not costing anyone a cent to attend or watch this event.
So you enjoy watered down cards ?

I'm sure the UFC will somehow try fudge the numbers.

Imagine this wasn't a fight for the troops card, ZUFFA wouldn't even be able to give the tickets away to try fill the arena.

Fudge the numbers? are you trying to sound stupid or what?

But it is a FFTT card, if it was a card they were selling tickets for it wouldnt be the same card, it would have different fights on it.

Lets also not forget that Machida was set to main event this card.

So you enjoy watered down cards ?

I enjoy fights, its got some good fighters on it. Not a great card but its free on a Wed.

And considering 166 167 168 and the stacked Fox card coming up I'm not gonna complain about a free card on a Wed.

Its cards like this that stop PPV's being watered down. Think about how many stacked cards we have coming up. These fighters have to fight sometime, be it at a free (and gateless) fight for the troops, FB prelims, under cards or whatever. Unless you think all these guys should be cut....

I don't have a problem with these weak free cards, as others have mentioned the fighters usually have it all on the line in these events and most fights are entertaining.

Often times it's these cards that produce the most excitement. I've been let down too many times by over hyped cards.

Back