Is UFC Fight Night 31 - Fight for the troops 3 the worst UFC card ever ?

Fudge the numbers? are you trying to sound stupid or what?

But it is a FFTT card, if it was a card they were selling tickets for it wouldnt be the same card, it would have different fights on it.

Lets also not forget that Machida was set to main event this card.

The viewer numbers for thus will be an all time record low.

Calling it now.

I enjoy fights, its got some good fighters on it. Not a great card but its free on a Wed.

And considering 166 167 168 and the stacked Fox card coming up I'm not gonna complain about a free card on a Wed.

I also enjoy free fights, just not entire cards with not a single ranked fighter.

Plus there's no HW's either.

I'm only interested in this card because of the way Khabilov will suplex Masvidal into Bolivion.
Bobby Green tends to have good fights.

But that's it.

The viewer numbers for thus will be an all time record low.

Calling it now.

Who cares? There are nearly 400 guys on the roster, if you don't like this one, skip it and watch the next. And out of stacked PPV and FOX cards, they have to have cards like these with up and comers. Remember this card is in between 6 SOLID UFC cards up until Silva/Weidman, and this isn't including the TUF Finale. It's a free card, which has some great scraps on paper.

Expect more cards like this in the future in between GREAT cards. The more MMA the better.

Who cares? There are nearly 400 guys on the roster, and out of stacked PPV and FOX cards, they have to have cards like these with up and comers. Remember this card is in between 6 SOLID UFC cards up until Silva/Weidman, and this isn't including the TUF Finale. It's a free card, which has some great scraps on paper.

Expect more cards like this in the future in between GREAT cards. The more MMA the better.

I'd rather less cards that are stacked then more cards that are so badly watered down it's nearly flooded.

Not a terrible card, definitely not doing it for the casuals. The main event is what makes it seem to suck so much.

if you're looking for the next contender to a belt, chances are this isn't the card, but if you're bored on Wednesday night and don't want to spend money on shit, and wanna enjoy some exciting match ups, this is a good card in that case

as someone mentioned, it's better to have weak free cards, so that big name fighters make the PPerViews justifiable for 50+ dollars. 166, 167, and 168 are all looking phenomenal, these free cards without huge names are like an entr

Mousasi vs Latifi was worse.

The whole of the undercard is going to be awesome. Just the main event is crap on this card. Should have promoted Masvidal/Ruslam Khabilov, at least you know that's going to be a scrap.

James Krause vs Bobby Green will be FOTN

I'd rather less cards that are stacked then more cards that are so badly watered down it's nearly flooded.

Fair enough, I would love a UFC event every week if it was possible, the watered down cards do not bother me. I'll watch because I love MMA, and some of these guys we've never heard of are prospects that could climb the ranks and potentially contend for a title. It's always good to see how they do in their first UFC fight.

Not to mention, most the guys on this card you've made a thread about anyway have had more than 2 fights in the UFC.

The fights have not taken place yet, how can we call it the worst? It could end up being the best ever. Unlikely, but could be.

Not a terrible card, definitely not doing it for the casuals. The main event is what makes it seem to suck so much.

i agree with this, and it's not just that the main event is lacking in star power, but also in expected fire works, if we had a couple of lower level fighters who were known for being exciting, you could at least sell the card from that stand point

but with these being free, and cards like 166,167,168 being $50+, wouldn't you think it's fair to stack the cards people have to pay for, so at least they get there moneys worth?, i don't know about you, but cards like 147 or 161 were quite painful to pay for

i agree with this, and it's not just that the main event is lacking in star power, but also in expected fire works, if we had a couple of lower level fighters who were known for being exciting, you could at least sell the card from that stand point

Krause just won fight of the night and sub of the night double bonus in his last fight. Yves is a beast. Green is a beast... several fights on the card are potentially amazing fights. People are just whining and have sand in their vagina because they are casual butthurt cave dwelling children living with their moms.

Won't be watching, or even check the results later. No interest at all in anything on this card.

Krause just won fight of the night and sub of the night double bonus in his last fight. Yves is a beast. Green is a beast... several fights on the card are potentially amazing fights. People are just whining and have sand in their vagina because they are casual butthurt cave dwelling children living with their moms.

yeah that's true, i expect the card to be awesome, Krause is sick, same with bobby green, masvidal vs khabilov is fun, Yoel is a freak athlete, and looked great recently, Yves... no need for explaining, guys a true vet, Liz is fighting, Roop, and of course Dennis bermudez is awesome

Absolutely terrible on paper but usually when that happens... the fights come out awesome.

It's like they know the onus is on them to ameliorate the card

I think everything but the main event looks awesome on paper.
None of the fights mean anything in respect to the placement of these fighters in the rankings, but they still all look like they will deliver action.

This actually probably is the least stacked card in UFC history. Besides the Kennedy fight which could be a prelim fight on a PPV there's really nothing of interest. This is kind of insulting to the men and women who serve our country. This isn't even the first time either the first two Fight for the Troops cards were horrible as well. Give the troop some dam good fights or don't give them fits at all this is disgusting.

last time I checked a single crazy woman was raising hell near congress and shutting the whole place down.

troops are just getting what they deserve.

Last edited:
Back