Is Topuria the most unlikable UFC champion in UFC history?

So far he has seemingly turned down the Volkanovski rematch, won't fight Holloway unless the BMF belt is on the line, has called out Ortega who both Volkanovski and Holloway have soundly beaten and has fought like once in the last 2-3 years. He's also asked to fight O'malley and Islam before having his first title defense.

Don't forget chasing Conor too

So far he has seemingly turned down the Volkanovski rematch, won't fight Holloway unless the BMF belt is on the line, has called out Ortega who both Volkanovski and Holloway have soundly beaten and has fought like once in the last 2-3 years. He's also asked to fight O'malley and Islam before having his first title defense.

I can't remember a champion who's been more unlikable or who's acted this entitled before. I don't know who his PR person is or manager but if I were them I would constantly be calling him and telling him to shut the hell up as he's been ruining his own reputation any and every chance he can get.
I dislike Leon more. So no, not the most dislikable. Man, Jon jones is despicable for that matter, lol; Top is not the most dislikable.

I think Top is just way more confident than fans would like to see. And he lacks charisma. Insane power, incredible skills. I think he has the potential to reign for years. Potential being the key word.

The problem is that he just doesn’t have the charisma to get fans to buy into his confidence.

He has the highlight reel and the accomplishment. But his personality is boring. He could exceed Conor’s legacy and he still won’t make as much money or impact because he’s just…….meh.

That said, I don’t hate the guy. He makes cringe statements. But he’s a child of just bleed. So as a member of my religion, he has my support, I just understand the limitations of his personality.

Just bleed bless.

I like him just fine. I don't care what he says he's gonna do or not gonna do. He's a crazy motherfucker. Just be patient and see what happens. War topuria.
Pretty sure it's his smirk that people hate.

I can't remember a champion who's been more unlikable or who's acted this entitled before. I don't know who his PR person is or manager but if I were them I would constantly be calling him and telling him to shut the hell up as he's been ruining his own reputation any and every chance he can get.

He's definitely really fucking unlikeable. So much so, that I'm thinking maybe it would help him? Now everyone wants to watch him get his ass kicked. Kinda like Floyd Mayweather's dislikable "Money" Mayweather persona.

Is Topuria gaining enough haters to more than offset fans?

Remember Tim Sylvia?
People disliked him because he was an awkward person and fighter, but I don't think he ducked anyone. Nor did he really say or do anything really offensive outside the cage AFAIK. He fought pretty much everyone good in his day: Ricco, Mir, Arlovski multiple times, Couture, Big Nog, Fedor once he left the UFC, etc.

He’s way too arrogant, and entitled. Considering he just won the belt. That is very unlikable. But I imagine the UFC will let him know who actually calls the shots. If the UFC wants him to fight Alex/Max. That’s what will happen.

But if he doesn’t realize how off putting his attitude is. He’s not living in reality. And someone needs to clue him in. Unless notoriety is what he’s after. You don’t have to be liked to make money in the UFC. You just have to get people to pay to watch you.

Turning down Volk makes sense, he got an undeserved rematch against Islam so he’s out of rematch favours. Had it not been for that rematch I think he would have deserved one against Topuria.

On topic - there have been many annoying champs and Topuria is most certainly amongst the very top.

cannot be serious. conor mcgregor, ronda rousey?

he's unlikeable but there are levels to this shit.

Back