Is Topuria the most unlikable UFC champion in UFC history?

It's probably Topuria. He wears turtlenecks. I don't think I ever seen Woodley with a turtleneck before. Hmmm... I think GDR might be a turtleneck wearer but she is lesbian so it cancels out the evil.

Mods on this forum hate Topuria for leaving this thread up

I wonder how he will handle a loss, he seems to be totally out to lunch. Even before he became champ he was talking like he was the GOAT. I'm all for confidence, it's a must have in MMA but he seems to have Rousey levels of delusion. There's a good chance he could just never recover after the loss like many in the past. Rousey, Weidman, Barao, Reyes, Garbrandt and many many more were undefeated and on big streaks (Reyes wasn't technically the champ but everybody knows he beat Jones) then look what happened to them. Also Barao technically had a loss but then won like 30 in a row and was 7-0 in the UFC just like Topuria is.

What if Max Holloway gives Topuria a TJ vs Barao type beating, we'll have to wait and see.

So far he has seemingly turned down the Volkanovski rematch, won't fight Holloway unless the BMF belt is on the line, has called out Ortega who both Volkanovski and Holloway have soundly beaten and has fought like once in the last 2-3 years. He's also asked to fight O'malley and Islam before having his first title defense.
Topuria has fought LITERALLY FOUR TIMES the past 2 years, and 5 times the past 3 years.

I don't know what it is about Shermanos and their propensity for shoehorning a fighter's supposed inactivity into any argument against a fighter, but you're way off.

And that includes the dude's unlikability. He's not everyone's sweetheart but he's far from the worst.

Sure he's all haughty and riding high on that champ status at the moment, but he fucking delivers when it counts.

He bangs when he's in there. Not like quite a few fighters promising to deliver bloodshed yet barely eke out decisions nearly every time (looking at you, Strickland!).

Topuria just arrived. Way too soon to make such an assessment. Time will tell. There have been some doozies as noted by others.

No, Topuria is the most stylish and elegant UFC champion in UFC history.

man, some of these champs are like squatters. they hold the belt once and immediately set up "get out!", "no solicitors", and "no trespassing!" signs like they own the place. they don't. defend the people's belt or gtfo.

conor stopped paying the bills and daddy dana foreclosed on him, twice.

"see that mansion over there? i use to own that!".

pussies.

Not really. You're just misunderstanding the context I'm talking about. I mean in terms of how he acts in relation to his MMA career, not him as a person. Jones is a much worse person obviously but I'm not talking about that. Gotta read more than the title.
I don’t even know about that. Without even parsing history: we just went from Aljo to O’Malley.

The more title defence you make the more likeable you become.

It's mathematical

Sooo you soft boys dont like him bcs he says he is better fighter than everyone ? Lol. I bet if u were fighter you would say all other guys were better than u 🤣 thats why you would never be champ. After he beats shit out of max u will become his fans.

Back