Is Tom Brady the greatest NFL Player?

Is Tom Brady the greatest NFL Player?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now that I think he finally retired. Let's see what the numbers will be like on here.

A simple yes or no.

640px-Tom_Brady_2021.png

Easily the greatest defensive player ever he has an argument of being the overall goat imo

Shout out to deion Sanders too another defense goat

I loved Deion, hated that he wouldn't hit anyone though.
I watched him from FSU all the way through his career.

Give me Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater any day.

LT is definitely greatest defensive player though.
He changed the entire game making the left tackle more important than ever.

Derrick Thomas gets a mention, for recording 20 sacks as a linebacker and 7 in one game.
He was going to be very close if not better than LT had he not died sir.

Give me Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater any day.
Over deion though you're drunk brother lol
Yeah prime couldn't / didn't want to tackle but he was flawless everywhere else the man would lock down half a field. completely agree with the rest of ur post though.
Know who was a fkn Savage too ? Darrell revis

Easily the greatest defensive player ever he has an argument of being the overall goat imo
You could argue that LT was a better football player than Brady because Brady could take over games from a position that often takes over games.

LT could take over games from a position that doesn't usually have such an enormous impact on the game.

You could argue that LT was a better football player than Brady because Brady could take over games from a position that often takes over games.

LT could take over games from a position that doesn't usually have such an enormous impact on the game.
I said LT arguably could be the goat I still give it to tb tho his numbers are ridiculous + 7 rings out of 10 sb appearances

Brady is the best QB by no means the best player.

He did get real lucky to be in with Belichick.

If I had to pick the best football player......Jim Brown, most dominating force ever seen in the NFL.

Over deion though you're drunk brother lol
Yeah prime couldn't / didn't want to tackle but he was flawless everywhere else the man would lock down half a field. completely agree with the rest of ur post though.
Know who was a fkn Savage too ? Darrell revis

Im not saying Lott and Atwater are better at covering ... nobody really was tbh sir.
Im saying Lott and Atwater are more my kind of players.

Lott cut the tip of his finger off during a game to continue to play... that's the kind of guy I like.
Atwater is one of the few guys that stopped Christian Okoye in a one v one situation, and that's the kind of player that will help you win games when shit gets gritty.

Deion was a one of a kind talent, and like I said FSU was my favorite college team so I watched him his whole life basically.

I've seen Deion allow receivers to get 10 yards away from him, only to make up the distance at the last second to get the interception... amazing, but I have also seen him in an open field situation in a one v one situation lookin like a punter trying to arm tackle a running back.

Worse than that is he had the angle to make the tackle.

Talent and ego don't do well in the boiling pot...ie Randy Moss refused to catch the ball over the middle because he didn't want to take that hit. (I have seen him pull his hands back to purposely miss the catch, and Cris Carter exploded on him).

Jerry Rice/Cris Carter would catch the ball anywhere you wanted them to, and take any hit to do it...Art Monk was the same way.
These guys win games.

So back to the original point, Deion is the most talented DB there has ever been, but guys like Darrell Green who was as fast as Deion but never let his ego get in the way of his job.

You're still my brother, but that's just how I see things sir.

Best player? No. Best QB of all time, no question. It ain't even close. All the haters that can't stand that Brady is the GOAT will spend the rest of their lives saying "[Insert Player] will definitely dethrone Brady as the GOAT!" every year. It'll never happen though, and they'll all get old and die with that disappointment firmly in place.

He's unrankable as a player and QB. Probably not a top 40 QB. He ruined the QB position by having success in a system that uses check downs and illegal pick plays that left wide open dink and dunks 80% of the time. People also seem to forget his entire defensive squad getting busted for roids in the early 2000s as well as spygate being a major factor in the success of most of his career. A lot easier to win when you've stolen the opponent's play sheets for the game from inside their hotels and locker rooms, then tamper with opponent head sets on crucial 3rd downs during home games so the opponent can't properly call a play.

Unrankable, and has the biggest asterisk next to his name than any QB probably ever will have. There is no player in the history of any sport who is more overrated.

Last edited:
Kinda hard to disagree at this point. Even if you want to say he just played forever and most of his stats are longevity based; it's the sheer will and motivation that he had to keep achieving more. Hey Tom, what's your favorite ring? "The next one". Who the hell says that? Tom Brady did.

Now in terms of him being the best as in sheer talent and playing the position at the highest level, no. He wouldn't even crack my top 5 in that regard. My Packers bias aside, Aaron Rodgers from like 2010 - 2016 and then his return to form in 2020/2021, is still the best I've ever seen, IMO. Along with Peyton Manning, Steve Young, 90's Favre and Dan Marino. Although, if Mahomes keeps playing the way he is into his mid 30's; he very well could have the tag "best ever" to do it at the QB position. You can argue he already is, actually.

But make no mistake about it: 3 league MVP'S, 5 SB MVP's to go along with 7 SB wins with 10 appearances in total; it can't not be Brady.

Back